Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I caulk a wooden floor?

• 17-08-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I have an old wooden floor which would have being carpeted originally. I'm looking at doing away with the carpet and have the floor boards only. The problem is there is a slight gap between the boards. I understand there is a way of caulking the gap by an old technique with string/rope. Does anyone know how this is done?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi 98-00, I don't think the old way of doing chalking will work for floor boards
    as there is just to much movement in them compared to a boat.

When the cotton is put into the gap it is sealed over so you never get to see it, you would be better of going with something like this, even with a silicone seal I'm not sure how it will hold up to all the movement. I am using epoxy to do the chalking on my boat but again there is no movement between the planks.

Best of luck.

Advertisement