Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft?

• 17-08-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Poland for the Euros one and enjoyed the last one so anyone up for doing it again? Would probably be looking to start when the transfer window ends and unlike G.K. in the Euro one will be looking to take part.

I was thinking maybe a move towards the way they do it on the PW forum and have a good few stipulation rounds. Some categories I was thinking is pre 1992 players, players who made their debuts before 2002, a rest of world round and maybe some others if anyone thinks of them.

Anyway, I'm just throwing ideas out and if it happens I'd be happy to make it just like the last one if people prefer. It will also hopefully go a lot faster than the last one so don't join unless you plan on being active. So, any interest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'm up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd like to give it a shot too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

in.

With the pre 92 players is it retired by 92 or what?

I like the rest of the world pick but I think messi and ronaldo should not be allowed to be selected though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd love to do it, but wouldn't be active enough for it.. What ye should do though, and it should have been done in Euro2012 one, is that whoever chooses first should be last to choose in both the wildcard rounds. I think the 2 finalists were the first 2 to choose the last time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Count me in, at the third attempt in one of these drafts I may make it past the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

THFC wrote: »
    I'd love to do it, but wouldn't be active enough for it.. What ye should do though, and it should have been done in Euro2012 one, is that whoever chooses first should be last to choose in both the wildcard rounds. I think the 2 finalists were the first 2 to choose the last time round.

That was me & LuckyLloyd . We went last and second last in the legend round in fairness .

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'll win it. No faffin about with special rounds, just have it all the players in as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Possible special round actually. 1st round has to be players under 23, kinda removes the advantage of getting first pick of the full selection of players

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was planning on doing an all time draft with any player eligable but was going to wait till after the start of the season... guess i'll let that wait even longer now and just say, I'm in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was planning on doing an all time draft with any player eligable but was going to wait till after the start of the season... guess i'll let that wait even longer now and just say, I'm in!

Perhaps a quasi-all time draft is possible with all players after 1992 in the PL available and 2 rounds where you can choose players who retired before that time along with the wildcard rounds. I think that could be more enjoyable and lead to higher quality teams and possibly debate with perhaps rosy memories of players who weren't all that great coming into play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Liam O wrote: »
    Perhaps a quasi-all time draft is possible with all players after 1992 in the PL available and 2 rounds where you can choose players who retired before that time along with the wildcard rounds. I think that could be more enjoyable and lead to higher quality teams and possibly debate with perhaps rosy memories of players who weren't all that great coming into play.

sounds plausible although differs from what I was going for where there arent really any rules with regards eligibility and anyone from Puskas & Johann Neeskens to Messi & Beckenbauer could be picked. However whatever form your PL draft takes im in and yeah id imagine an all time PL draft would obviously have higher standard of teams in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Roger is in.

Advertisement