Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BroadBand slower then 56 k modem on a rated 9 meg line.

Options
  • 17-08-2012 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Its a friday night 10 o clock

2125652505.png

thats the speed test we've had.

When i first joined eircom I was getting a speed test of 6.0mbs flat stable every day maybe as low as 4 I was a happy costumer.

How ever we moved to vodaphone because your speeds had been dropping and there cheeper they could not offer a service how ever m forced to point out that neither can Eircom? But you guys claim to offer a better service...

WTF is going on I'm paying 60 euros something a month an this is the kinda service I'm receiving ?

Id like to remind you my I-phone on 3G gets a faster ping rate then that IM utterly disgraced Im spending money on a service that Im not being supplied...

For that matter count your broad band team its a friday night and i wont get through to them at this hour.

also I have got a reference number and engineers been to the house there no problem with our side of the line its your networking or what ever because this kinda service is utterly unacceptable! :mad:

An engineer has been to the house and says everything perfect this end and to the exchange!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Snowie wrote: »
    Hi Its a friday night 10 o clock

2125652505.png

thats the speed test we've had.

When i first joined eircom I was getting a speed test of 6.0mbs flat stable every day maybe as low as 4 I was a happy costumer.

How ever we moved to vodaphone because your speeds had been dropping and there cheeper they could not offer a service how ever m forced to point out that neither can Eircom? But you guys claim to offer a better service...

WTF is going on I'm paying 60 euros something a month an this is the kinda service I'm receiving ?

Id like to remind you my I-phone on 3G gets a faster ping rate then that IM utterly disgraced Im spending money on a service that Im not being supplied...

For that matter count your broad band team its a friday night and i wont get through to them at this hour.

also I have got a reference number and engineers been to the house there no problem with our side of the line its your networking or what ever because this kinda service is utterly unacceptable! :mad:

An engineer has been to the house and says everything perfect this end and to the exchange!

Hi Snowie,

Thanks for your post.

Can you try the following quick broadband check :

Broadband Check

When testing your broadband, connect only one computer by Ethernet (yellow) cable and try to shut down all applications running in the background on your PC. If you are using another computer, games console (PS3, xBox, etc.), turn these off completely, when testing your broadband.

If you need assistance you can contact Broadband Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Please retain your case id (reference) from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up.

Let me know if your broadband improves after running these checks and PM your phone number so I can check your case with Technical Support.

Best Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement