Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Drive not recognised in Win 7 Ultimate

Options
  • 17-08-2012 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my self-built PC to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine except it sometimes refuses to recognise USB flash drives. About 1 time in 3 it recognises the drive and it works fine, the other times it spends ages in My Computer and then eventually the drive shows up as blank (there are files on it, but it can't see them), and nothing can be written to the drive either (it claims 0 bytes available etc.). The drive works fine on an XP machine.

Have Googled and this seems a common enough problem, but there are about 50 solutions offered, of which none have worked so far. Has anyone encountered this problem or better yet, knows how to solve it?

(edit) never mind think I have got it sorted, seems to be a conflict between Acronis True Image and some USB drives on Win 7, so if anyone else has this issue, try uninstalling Acronis. (/edit)

Advertisement