Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the one thing you want to see/do before you die?

• 17-08-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

For me, it would have to be wingsuit flying.
    Ever since I first heard about it I've really wanted to do it. Granted, it would probably be the CAUSE of my death but so be it! It's the coolest thing I've ever seen and you need balls of steel to do some of the flights the pros do. I know I'll more than likely never get to try it but I'd love to give it a go. And if I could do it in an amazing place too, then that would kill 2 birds (and me) with one stone.

So what's the one thing you'd wanna do/place you wanna see before you snuff it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Your ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I want to see a united Ireland and legalisation of all drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Push a slinky down an escalator

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I just want to ... . ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

jerk off into a cheeseburger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

marzic wrote: »
    I just want to ... . ..

Hard luck marzic. You were nearly there.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Space, I'd love to experience zero-gravity.....and not just a parabolic flight type of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

I want to see Bertie on trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Base jump off the shard in London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

A cure for death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

base jumping is class. defently doing that before i die. But op. you do realise that you have to have like 200 parashoot jumps before you even considering doing that.

There is alot of things but proberly travel the world solo full time for 5 years. would be class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Ugggghhh ... apart from the "Bertie" post of course!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Charlie sheen style night out !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Your ma.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Go to the hotpress and make sure the immersion was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

100 thanks after one my brilliant posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Dean09 wrote: »

Batman?

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Space, I'd love to experience zero-gravity.....and not just a parabolic flight type of way.

I was gonna put this as mine. I've always had a fascination with space and going there would be unbelievable. I went with the wingsuit thing though because I think that, although still highly unlikely, it'd be a more realistic goal!

Are you sure you have enough tiger blood for that?

See the Aurora Borealis in person

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »

username gives it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Solve a Rubik’s Cube :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

There's no Irish man with that stamina .... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They tell me sex is good fun...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Ride Zooey Deschannel

Stay in the ice hotel and see the northern lights there too.

http://kathika.com/wp-content/uploads/ice-hotel-church-@-jukkasjärvi-bjaglin882-ll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Time and place? Im game ball!

I want to ice skate in the rockefeller centre
    see the pyramids in Egypt
    go skiing
    swim with sharks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Threesome and a skydive, not necessarily at the same time. Although it might be possible - A sexdive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

username gives it away
    Eden3 wrote: »
    There's no Irish man with that stamina .... :D
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    Time and place? Im game ball!

I want to ice skate in the rockefeller centre
    see the pyramids in Egypt
    go skiing
    swim with sharks!

I'm too drunk to come up with individual replies, so i'll just say this ..

Yes !!

• Advertisement

username gives it away

Nah as you can tell I'm sorted. Was just making sure with him but he seems to be very confident he does.

He might just survive the night :cool:

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Threesome

Pfft! gang bang/orgy FTW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Id love to travel to America!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

up until about 6 months ago i wanted a threesome but managed to get that done. currently searching for a new motivation now. see a few good suggestions here but all others are welcome. i think i would like to go to a few more concerts to see hte greats but havnt much else after that

up until about 6 months ago i wanted a threesome but managed to get that done. currently searching for a new motivation now. see a few good suggestions here but all others are welcome. i think i would like to go to a few more concerts to see hte greats but havnt much else after that

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80294793&postcount=32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

You know those stories you hear about people who are technically dead for a few minutes but are then resuscitated, and they have all these cool stories of things they saw? (They are not all "tunnel with a white light", some are off the wall completely and not necessary religious)

Well just before my moment of death I would like to see my Mum and Dad again. I'd like to see them, hear them, hug them and both ask and tell them so much.
    Whether it was just some crazy hallucination caused by some very funky brainwave patterns, or a genuine supernatural occurrence I wouldn't really give a sh*t. Just think it would make me happy in my final moments and be pretty cool.

Lots of other action and travel related things I would like to do to!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Go to the hotpress and make sure the immersion was off.

Especially if it's on Bath (ref Des Bishop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

See the Aurora Borealis in person
    Have you never seen it? It was visible all over Ireland at the end of October 2003. Me, evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence which is unlikely so I'll settle for Accrington Stanley winning the Champions League.

You know those stories you hear about people who are technically dead for a few minutes but are then resuscitated, and they have all these cool stories of things they saw? (They are not all "tunnel with a white light", some are off the wall completely and not necessary religious)

Well just before my moment of death I would like to see my Mum and Dad again. I'd like to see them, hear them, hug them and both ask and tell them so much.
    Whether it was just some crazy hallucination caused by some very funky brainwave patterns, or a genuine supernatural occurrence I wouldn't really give a sh*t. Just think it would make me happy in my final moments and be pretty cool.

Lots of other action and travel related things I would like to do to!:)

What you are reffering is DMT. DMT is a physidolic drug that is produced by the human pineal gland (in the brain). This 'drug' is relised in massive amounts when you are born and when you die as well as when you meddatate and during rem sleep. It follows from that that during NDE that DMT is also produced and this is what casuses the white light and aliens and any other stuff that people see during NDE's.

Aslo explains all alien abductions as an accedental realise of DMT.

If you are interested you should read a book written by doctor richered strassman called DMT - the spirt molecule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

See my hard-drive fúcking incinerated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What you are reffering is DMT. DMT is a physidolic drug that is produced by the human pineal gland (in the brain). This 'drug' is relised in massive amounts when you are born and when you die as well as when you meddatate and during rem sleep. It follows from that that during NDE that DMT is also produced and this is what casuses the white light and aliens and any other stuff that people see during NDE's.

Aslo explains all alien abductions as an accedental realise of DMT.

If you are interested you should read a book written by doctor richered strassman called DMT - the spirt molecule
    Wellllll I dunno. I've taken DMT(and various Shamanistic stuff back in my youth. All but one "guided" and all that jazz) and I've had one of those NDE's too, when I was... well near to death. Chalk and cheese. There's a real difference in experience. Yea some basics are similar, but it's like comparing a script of Hamlet to the play itself. Whatever brain process is going on in NDE's IMHO DMT release is way too simple an explanation.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wellllll I dunno. I've taken DMT(and various Shamanistic stuff back in my youth. All but one "guided" and all that jazz) and I've had one of those NDE's too, when I was... well near to death. Chalk and cheese. There's a real difference in experience. Yea some basics are similar, but it's like comparing a script of Hamlet to the play itself. Whatever brain process is going on in NDE's IMHO DMT release is way too simple an explanation.

i dont know. You could be right

I would think that a NDE/death would be very different from DMT experience even if it is just becouse of the MAO created by the body. Even if you take a MAO inhibatatior or take smokable form i would still think that the body breaks down much of it.

The pinal gland is situated right beside all senosry places in brain. when it produces dmt it goes straight to where it 'needs to' whereas when you take it any other way it has to go though alot more of the system.

There is also the issue of extracting DMT and that the people that tend to do it arn't exatly trained chemist. Unpure DMT would be different

Also isn't there 2 types of dmt. 5 met-oxi dmt and 'normall' dmt. i presume some of the difference lies there to

Also i would think it would be impossible to take as much dmt that is relised upon death/NDE

Your guided experience. i presme that that was ayahuasca? heard lots of good thing about the experience but not really the same type of experience.

I suppose that is one of those things that we just dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Buy an Ariel Atom and drive the shoite out of it

What was your experience of taking DMT? Did you have any trippy hallucinations? Or some sort of life affirming realisation or anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Mila Kunis naked. Applies to both see and do. Both would be lovely.

What was your experience of taking DMT? Did you have any trippy hallucinations? Or some sort of life affirming realisation or anything like that?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT.shtml

There is some peoples experiences there if you want to have a read? I wouldn't say too much on boards outside of general discussion becose mods dont tend to like it

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT.shtml

There is some peoples experiences there if you want to have a read? I wouldn't say too much on boards outside of general discussion becose mods dont tend to like it

Ah yeah I know that. I wasn't gonna ask to buy some or anything! Just curious as to what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Live.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not really D. Basically I was off my bean and knew it. Very trippy alright, but I knew I was trippin. Like the diff between falling in love and being drunk outa yer head and hooking up with someone, thinking you're falling for them. That muggy if interesting barrier between you and what passes for reality. Ayahuasca was interesting to be fair. Again guided by this south American shaman dude. Well he didn't try to feel me up, or rob me while I was off my box, so likely genuine. :) Even so, again it didn't feel real. Well some bits did. I had a convo with god at one point. Nice guy BTW. I had some questions, I got answers.

Naw seriously folks. This stuff should be treated with major respect. I've known waaaaay too many seekers looking for the answer at the end of a pint glass/pipe/blotter/herb[delete as applicable] and too many have ended up with a screw loose. Some couldn't get themselves back if they worked in a screwdriver factory. I beseech ye, be cautious. So long as ye're asking the right questions, ye don't need the artificial and oft dangerous answers. The real deal comes in time quickly enough.

My 3 cents anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Not really D. Basically I was off my bean and knew it. Very trippy alright, but I knew I was trippin. Like the diff between falling in love and being drunk outa yer head and hooking up with someone, thinking you're falling for them. That muggy if interesting barrier between you and what passes for reality. Ayahuasca was interesting to be fair. Again guided by this south American shaman dude. Well he didn't try to feel me up, or rob me while I was off my box, so likely genuine. :) Even so, again it didn't feel real. Well some bits did. I had a convo with god at one point. Nice guy BTW. I had some questions, I got answers.

Naw seriously folks. This stuff should be treated with major respect. I've known waaaaay too many seekers looking for the answer at the end of a pint glass/pipe/blotter/herb[delete as applicable] and too many have ended up with a screw loose. Some couldn't get themselves back if they worked in a screwdriver factory. I beseech ye, be cautious. So long as ye're asking the right questions, ye don't need the artificial and oft dangerous answers. The real deal comes in time quickly enough.

My 3 cents anyway.

Interesting stuff. I know there's a documentary on DMT on Netflix that I've been meaning to watch for a while now. Think I'll give it a look.
    I'm always interested in people experiences when it comes to stuff like this. There's always so many conflicting stories. Some say they were off their mallet, Some say nothing happened, and others say they "became one with the universe" and had a whole new outlook on life etc. And I always wonder if people genuinely have these experiences or is their mind just living up to whatever expectations they had before dabbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I think I would like to spend a couple of hours chatting to Wibbs. He seems fascinating, is clearly intelligent and is always able to make/argue a point without offending anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement