Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which

• 17-08-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Took first one today in my back garden.

7804356484_b9234c8359.jpg
    origional flower by milos5, on Flickr

Started to play with it because I LIKE TO..

7804340438_03f3535d72.jpg
    garden flower by milos5, on Flickr

What do you think ?????

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the original shot. the second is trying too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the second one - but I find text distracting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

second without the text has way more impact.

depending on whether you are shooting for gardeners world or to hang on your wall you'd go with former or latter respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

How long did it take to get from one to the other? What software did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

about one hour because I tried many different effects and I used Photoshop cs6 and lightroom

I thought the flower looks lost in the black without the text on an A4 AnCatDubh.
    Have reduced size to remove text.

7807307948_1df6427502.jpg
    garden flower 2 by milos5, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

The second one would make a fantastic florist business card design.
    milos wrote: »
    about one hour because I tried many different effects and I used Photoshop cs6 and lightroom

I thought the flower looks lost in the black without the text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

If anyone wants to use it just let me know first ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

they both look nice! i like with or without text, though the one with text reminds me of one of those tumblr pictures that people post all the time "insert inspirational message here"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 AlizeHall

You did a great job at the second one. It would look better if you'll remove the attach text I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Light direction of the graiddant is a little of direction or maybe it confuses me? may be double up the layer of the flower go in x400 and slightly blur/soften the edgesof one of th layers then drop the opacity 25% on the 2nd layer and hit blend mode might just make it sit nice but I like it...

Really nice work on cutting it out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement