Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stella Artois cidre

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this for sale anywhere in the city? Can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm nearly certain I saw it in O'Donovan's in Oliver Plunkett St.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

you'd be better off with koppaberg naked apple cider. it's a craft style cider they've released which is far more widely available and nicer in my opinion. I've never seen stella's offering on the shelves to be honest, but I'd say head to bradleys on north main street and ask if they can help you out. If they don't have it, they'll definitely show you some other "sophisticated" ciders.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Abbots ale has it in stock at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I love French cider though which is why I wanted to try this. When Im in Normandy I always try some of the local stuff which is beautiful. Will try both places mentioned thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Anyone see this for sale anywhere in the city? Can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Tesco in Wilton stock it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I love French cider though which is why I wanted to try this. When Im in Normandy I always try some of the local stuff which is beautiful. Will try both places mentioned thank you

The only thing French about it is the name. It's just crap like Bulmers. I've seen it in Tesco. If looking for a Breton type cider I think either Lidl or Aldi have some in 750ml bottles.

Oh I know it's probably crap but I wanna give it a go anyway. Lidl had Normandy cider in there about 2months ago, was all sold out by 11am! :eek:

I had a cider rose in Normandy and it was very nice, anyone ever see that here?

Thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Bradleys on North main st have a couple of french ciders in stock. might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Oh I know it's probably crap but I wanna give it a go anyway. Lidl had Normandy cider in there about 2months ago, was all sold out by 11am! :eek:

I had a cider rose in Normandy and it was very nice, anyone ever see that here?

Thanks for all the replies

Have you tried Stonewell cider from Nohoval? That's really lovely stuff.

http://www.liquidirish.com/2012/06/stonewell-cider-and-brandy.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

evilivor wrote: »
    Have you tried Stonewell cider from Nohoval? That's really lovely stuff.

http://www.liquidirish.com/2012/06/stonewell-cider-and-brandy.html?m=1

I just want to back this up. Theres 2 types, dry with a yellow label and medium dry in an orange label. Get the medium dry. Nicest cider youre likely to find in a cork pub (Novohal is by kinsale). Fair few pubs are selling it. Strong stuff though so be carefull knocking it back too quickly.

http://www.stonewellcider.com/Where_to_Find.html

• Advertisement

thanks guys, know nohoval well! never heard of that stuff though. im glad i started this thread now, thanks for all the tips! might tide me over till im back in Normandy next june!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the Stonewell cider is really good, if a little pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Supervalu(formerly L&N) in Ballincollig have Stella Artois cidre. It's really nice. I'm off to buy some more now!

Well guys, bought a bottle of the orange stonewell and had it last night, it is beautiful. Really reminds me of Normandy cider, proper apple taste. Thank you so much.

The Stella Artois cidre is actually quite nice too. Much nicer than bulmers but obviously nothing on stonewell. Nice to have a better alternative though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Well guys, bought a bottle of the orange stonewell and had it last night, it is beautiful. Really reminds me of Normandy cider, proper apple taste. Thank you so much.

Glad you liked. I'm not much of a cider drinker but that Stonewell is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The Stella Artois cidre is actually quite nice too. Much nicer than bulmers but obviously nothing on stonewell. Nice to have a better alternative though!

There's also Longueville house cider from Mallow which is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

evilivor wrote: »
    Glad you liked. I'm not much of a cider drinker but that Stonewell is delicious.

Hmm... Might pick up a bottle or two of this when I'm in town tomorrow, getting some serious praise around these parts!

Advertisement