Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favorite Superhero

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Choose Your favorite

Your Favorite 68 votes

Superman
    0% 0 votes
    Spider-man
    11% 8 votes
    Batman
    14% 10 votes
    Iron Man
    38% 26 votes
    The Hulk
    5% 4 votes
    Kick-Ass
    4% 3 votes
    Frozone
    1% 1 vote
    The Thing
    0% 0 votes
    Mr. Incredible
    0% 0 votes
    Hit Girl
    0% 0 votes
    Human Torch
    0% 0 votes
    Flash
    1% 1 vote
    Green Lantern
    2% 2 votes
    Hawkeye
    4% 3 votes
    Green Arrow
    0% 0 votes
    Captain America
    2% 2 votes
    Thor
    0% 0 votes
    Ghost Rider
    1% 1 vote
    Punisher
    1% 1 vote
    Black Widow
    4% 3 votes
    Wonder Woman
    1% 1 vote
    Mr. Fantastic
    1% 1 vote
    Wolverine
    0% 0 votes
    Invisible Woman
    1% 1 vote
    Other (Please specify)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Gazza3k11 wrote: »
    Choose Your favorite
    Your poll does not include Daredevil and is therefore dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gazza3k11

You do realise there is a Other option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

i wondered when this would be copied from After Hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Where's Bananaman?

I know the guy that made one for after hours and even he admits thats it has a pretty bad list so thats why I made this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

'WonderWoman' for me definitely.

Those thighs!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Gazza3k11 wrote: »
    I know the guy that made one for after hours and even he admits thats it has a pretty bad list so thats why I made this one

Eh? You don't know me!

Eh? You don't know me!
    I know Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I picked Ghostrider...the one from the comics not the movie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right, we haven't had one of these in ages, so it's probably not a bad idea for me to break out the Mod Hat and suggest some ground rules:

1) This isn't After Hours, so please bear that in mind before posting.
    2) To avoid this being Yet Another Boring List/Poll Thread, I'm going to suggest that anyone posting should give a reason for their choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Fysh wrote: »
    Right, we haven't had one of these in ages, so it's probably not a bad idea for me to break out the Mod Hat and suggest some ground rules:

1) This isn't After Hours, so please bear that in mind before posting.
    2) To avoid this being Yet Another Boring List/Poll Thread, I'm going to suggest that anyone posting should give a reason for their choice.
    plus with any luck it'll bring a bit more life here

Spider-man, learnt from his own mistakes to become a superhero who fights to protect whats right whatever the cost to his own safety

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JuniorMint

Storm from X-Men.
    If I had an ability, I would have her ability. She could end humanity whenever she wants.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For Ghostrider I don't know I just love the whole gothic feel to the comics and all the demon/redkneck stuff is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Has to be Batman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Deadpool. He's such a crazy crazy guy. Plus I love the way he knows he's a Character in a comic book and constantly breaks the 4th wall. If only he were female life would be complete.

...oh wait, isn't there a Ms. Deadpool? ;0D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My favourite superhero depends on who's writing the comic. It was a close call between (Ed Brubaker's) Captain America and (Frank Miller's) Batman! In this battle, the Dark Knight defeated the first avenger!

gufnork wrote: »
    ...oh wait, isn't there a Ms. Deadpool? ;0D

...or is it lady deadpool? Google images seems to think it's lady deadpool but I'm sure I saw a Ms. deadpool somewhere.

Let's try this touch-site attachment thing here and see if anyone can tell us if she's Ms deadpool or Lady deadpool.

Yeah, nothings happening when I attach that image so I'm gonna assume that bit of touch-site goodness isn't working. Still, Google image her and let me know...

Oh ok. Worked after all. Nice of it to tell me ;0)

Whoever she is, she looks freaking awesome. Think I'm going to have to get some Ms/Lady Deadpool. Wonder if she has any TPB's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

gufnork wrote: »
    Whoever she is, she looks freaking awesome. Think I'm going to have to get some Ms/Lady Deadpool. Wonder if she has any TPB's?

Deadpool Corps and Deadpool: All in the Family which I haven't read yet.

Her first appearance is collected in Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth - Head Trip but she's only in the one issue.

• Advertisement

My number 1 is always Batman, but I'm also fond of Nightwing, Iron Man, Deadpool (anti-hero, I know), Wolverine, The Green Lantern, The Green Arrow and Spiderman

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would say Lantern from the list but would probably go for Jamie Madrox overall or Layla Miller. The X Factor comics are just fun to read. Have been reading since the Madrox mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Captain Beyond

Spider-Man struggles with his own humanity about as much as any other superhero.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Looks like "The Bat" is still running away with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The Question for me. he's such a complex character, even by today's standards. he's not above killing but rarely does it, he has no powers other than his bitchin' martial arts and his adherence to Zen is a nice angle. the fact that he looks class doesn't hurt.
    VicSage1.jpg
    shame he dies of lung cancer

The Question for me. he's such a complex character, even by today's standards. he's not above killing but rarely does it, he has no powers other than his bitchin' martial arts and his adherence to Zen is a nice angle. the fact that he looks class doesn't hurt.
    VicSage1.jpg
    shame he dies of lung cancer

That's not Renee Montoya!!! :P

Has he turned up in the new 52 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's not Renee Montoya!!! :P

Has he turned up in the new 52 yet?

As much as i love Renee, i still prefer Vic Sage.
    he has a cameo in the free comic book day issue as one of the "trinity of sin" along with Pandora and Phantom (no longer a) Stranger. he has a serious attitude and may be a villain. expect him to show up somewhere in Trinity war.

http://insidepulse.com/2012/05/05/fcbd-new-52-1-spoilers-who-are-dcs-new-trinity-if-not-superman-batman-wonder-woman/

Oh yeah, I read that. Couldn't remember who the third one was but for some reason I thought it was either Vandal Savage or Cain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

When I came to this thread, I thought it would be favorite comic character, but it's actually for super heroes. I don't think I have a favorite, but Iron Man came closest lol.

Dead Pool is my favorite, though not a hero. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What no Bobby Patterson ?

Advertisement