Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    He's the biggest liability I can think of at any top club.

rio ferdinand would be a contender

....and that "left back" who was recently loaned from Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Have they changed the definition of the word 'liability'?

Because Sergio Ramos and Rio Ferdinand would both be amongst the top 10 or so centre-backs of the last decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

carlop wrote: »
    Have they changed the definition of the word 'liability'?

Because Sergio Ramos and Rio Ferdinand would both be amongst the top 10 or so centre-backs of the last decade.

I agree that Ramos is a great defender, but he is a liability from the point of view of his discipline. 17 reds and he is what, 27? He cannot be depended on from that point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sergio Ramos is a good player, albeit a vastly overrated one. Himself and Pique being picked in the Fifa Team of the year was a joke tbh. It seems as if they just picked the most famous names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Athletic abysmal, one step closer to relegation. 1:3 at home to Real Sociedad :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Real being battered by Depor at the Riazor. Losing 1-0, should be more. Depor's last move of the first half was a brilliant counter that deserved a goal. Real had a chance just after that to draw level.

Peach from Kaka, 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cracker from Kaka to level it up. Real have been a lot better since the substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kaka :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

anyone know did Zaragoza win today?

• Advertisement

anyone know did Zaragoza win today?

Finished 2-2 vs Valencia

Fantastic goal! 2-1 to Real

Ronaldo has turned this game around, he has been brilliant since he came on. Kaka having an excellent second half too.

Di Maria sent off

Di Maria was so stupid there.

Very harsh on Depor this result. Subs changed the entire outlook of the game and won it for Real.

How many red cards have madrid gotten this season? 5 or 6 at this stage?

Goals for anyone who missed the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Barca have started well here. A big chance for Villa to get himself into the team for Milan in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

klose wrote: »
    How many red cards have madrid gotten this season? 5 or 6 at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Really hope he does get a goal tonight. I hope Sanchez does too, but he needs a longer run of good games to instill me with enough confidence in him to play for Barcelona... commentators talking about Juve link with him & honestly I'm indifferent about it..

Goal! Villa! There's a man who wasn't in Milan but could make a big difference in the return leg.

Goal! Goal! Goal Messi! Messi! Messi! Magical, fantasy goal. Disaster averted, Barcelona are back.

And here comes the passmaster, Xavi Hernandez.

The real Barcelona emerged on the second half. Greater rotation, greater movement, quicker passing and the introduction of Tello and hugely improved movement from Villa and Messi in the second half won Barcelona the game.

I think Villa will get the nod to start in the front three with Messi and Pedro but Tello put in a real game changing performance and is getting better all the time. Dani Alves deserves a mention too, his best performance all season. Also a good Xavi cameo.

The second half illustrates exactly what Barcelona are capable, take note anyone stupid enough to write them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barcelona are back.

Um. . .

Jernal wrote: »

Um. . .

Tongue in cheek. 90 poor minutes (by their standard) in the San Siro and 45 average minutes (by their standards) tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did well tonight but didnt take the chances, felt we deserved a draw but Negredos miss :(

Rakitic .....jaysis i love that guy.

So Real finally get their goal, Ronaldo makes it 1-0 and then the defense falls asleep and Aspas makes it 1-1.

• Advertisement

Ref bails Madrid out, Ronaldo cool as ever slots the penalty home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dodgy decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thank god, Real were the bankers in my treble :D Still look dodgy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

What a finish! Atletico 0 - Sociedad 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

What a finish! Atletico 0 - Sociedad 1.

Great to see Sociedad doing so well,on a small budget they have some shrewd signings at the club now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Glad I didn't put Atletico on the coupon...

Very average performance so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Diego Costa looks a good bit older than 24. Great player to have on your team.

EDIT: haha he winds up the opposition so well!

The end of a truly fantastic home record. The last team before tonight to take a point from the Calderon... Real Sociedad last April.

Atleti were poor and I fully expect Real Madrid to pull away now and consolidate 2nd place.

I think the fact Real Madrid moved 2nd before kick-off might have had an effect on Atletico's mentality. They seriously struggle with an inferiority complex when it comes to Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good to see, Athletic winning again, and one of my favourite players (Muniain) on the scoresheet as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Can Mallorca pull off the win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

764dak wrote: »
    Can Mallorca pull off the win?

:pac:

Real come from 2-1 down to lead 4-2! Modric's goal was a stunner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :pac:

Real come from 2-1 down to lead 4-2! Modric's goal was a stunner!

2 very nice goals from the chap in 3 weeks. Certainly winning over the doubters with his over all performances too.

Part of me feel's he was signed to fill in for when Alonso leaves, which I think is going to happen this summer.

Some incredible stuff at the Vicente Calderon, Valencia take the lead through Jonas, Falcao replies instantly. 1-1 with not ten minutes gone.

Some incredible stuff at the Vicente Calderon, Valencia take the lead through Jonas, Falcao replies instantly. 1-1 with not ten minutes gone.

Atleti have been awful so far. Speaking from experience the Calderon is a horrible place when it rains.

carlop wrote: »
    Atleti have been awful so far. Speaking from experience the Calderon is a horrible place when it rains.

I agree, they did well to reply straight away but it's been pretty dreadful, route one stuff with Valencia playing all the football.

Worldy of a goal by higuian there :eek:

Who says there are no goals in this team without Messi? First is a glorious passing move ending with a 1-2 between Fabregas and Sanchez, finished by Cesc. The second a shot from Fabregas saved, Sanchez scores the rebound. Terrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who says there are no goals in this team without Messi?

Nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Blatter wrote: »
    Nobody.

Although it does look like Alexis has an anti goal repellent at times.

Barcelona at their best. Another wonderful tiki taka style move, instigated and finished by Fabregas who is playing a blinder. 3-0, roll on PSG.

Fabregas sublime pass to Sanchez (again) great control and finish from Sanchez. Barca on form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement