Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jernal wrote: »
    Although it does look like Alexis has an anti goal repellent at times.

I'll just eat my words along with some humble pie.:o
    tumblr_ly4g1stwuh1r0s535o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Great half, an exhibition of pure football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

that goal was pure class.....the pass from Iniesta was perfect...and the drag back and finish by Fabregas was unbelievable

It's fantasy football. Iniesta finds Fabregas, a study of composure, who puts it away. 5-0, Fabrwgas hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's fantasy football. Iniesta finds Fabregas, a study of composure, who puts it away. 5-0, Fabrwgas hat-trick.

You're hilarious!

Great response for Abidal, wonderful to see him on the pitch.

That performance really does deserve some recognition. It was excellent, they blew Mallorca away in a fashion which few, if any, other teams could. It was made all the more impressive with the starting line up compromising of only 3 starting 11 players (4 at a push if you include Fabregas) and finishing with just 1 (Dani Alves who was excellent). Granted Mallorca aren't the strongest team in La Liga but even so, to beat them by a scoreline of 5-0 but equally as impressive was the manner in which they beat them, just shows the quality running through the Barcelona squad. The passing tonight was classic Barcelona, the patterns were there, the ball was fizzing about, the runs off the ball were clever and incisive. Fabregas in particular reveled playing as the false number 9, Sanchez and Tello also deserve praise for their peformances.

Overall a hugely enjoyable Barcelona performance, the perfect tune up for Wednesday night, PSG have quite the task ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

To say Mallorca aren't the strongest team in La Liga is a bit of an understatement :pac:

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    To say Mallorca aren't the strongest team in La Liga is a bit of an understatement :pac:

Well ok, ye they are now bottom of the table but all the same, you get my point. 5-0 with essentially a second string team and the quality of the football is damn impressive, Mallorca or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hehe, no you're right, it really was a very good game from Barça.

As for Abidal coming on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGwCs_SkKM&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Absolutely brilliant to see him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Hehe, no you're right, it really was a very good game from Barça.

As for Abidal coming on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGwCs_SkKM&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Absolutely brilliant to see him back.

that is ****ing quality :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What an end to that game. Delighted for Espanyol, officials were awful in a few decisions that went against them.

Onto some Spanish football Zaragoza vs Barcelona. No Iniesta or Messi in the squad but Xavi starts so that's a big plus.

God! I'm almost a troll about this now, but I HATE that orange.
    Nothing near as exciting as the FA Cup semi earlier, yet.

Really good goal. Illustrating the pace, strength and technical ability if Thiago Alcantara. Great assist from Sanchez too.

• Advertisement

Really good goal. Illustrating the pace, strength and technical ability if Thiago Alcantara. Great assist from Sanchez too.

Alexis has been an awful lot better these past few months. Just gotta fine tune his finishing still, but his positioning has been noticeably better than Villa's in the last few games. Headache if you're a coach, because we all know who's the better scorer.:pac:

Goal! Tello! Such an impressive finisher. Clever assist off Thiago's pass.

I know you guys mightn't like it ,but I think Barca should sit back in the second half and let Zaragoza onto them. Bartra and Montoya needs as much experience as possible. Imagine, just imagine, if Pique get's injured.:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Alexis has been an awful lot better these past few months. Just gotta fine tune his finishing still, but his positioning has been noticeably better than Villa's in the last few games. Headache if you're a coach, because we all know who's the better scorer.:pac:

I don't think Alexis would've chosen the pass to Pedro against PSG though that Villa did. I thought that was by contrast excellent front play by Villa.

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't think Alexis would've chosen the pass to Pedro against PSG though that Villa did. I thought that was by contrast excellent front play by Villa.

I don't think so either, but I think Alexis may have made life easier for Cesc. Villa kept narrowing in, when he needed to try to drag a defender's eye away. :)
    For what it's worth though, I'd still put Villa ahead of Pedro, Cesc and Alexis.

• Advertisement

I think it's time an argument is made for Tello. A better finisher than Sanchez, more likely to go past a player than Sanchez, Villa or Pedro, offers a real threat in behind and his general play is improving all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What a effort.

Fantastic goal, unreal.

Like I was saying, the case for Tello is growing more and more each time he plays. Another gem from La Masia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tello has to start against Bayern
    he is great form
    he has great pace but his all round game is improving too

Another win on the way to the title. Another impressively controlled performance from Barcelona.

Thiago and Tello being the pick of the bunch tonight. Two excellent performances and a little glimpse into the future of Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Songs first season has gone pretty unnoticed. I think he's doing quite well tbf, doing everything asked of him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

miralize wrote: »
    Songs first season has gone pretty unnoticed. I think he's doing quite well tbf, doing everything asked of him..

Any game hes started barca have won bar one draw. I guess you could use that stat for any player there really but yeah hes doing well.

Ronnie scored a free in the first minute just there, looks like he could end messis run of balon d'ors

klose wrote: »
    Any game hes started barca have won bar one draw. I guess you could use that stat for any player there really but yeah hes doing well.

Ronnie scored a free in the first minute just there, looks like he could end messis run of balon d'ors

Jesus we're so spoilt to have the two of them playing in our generation.
    Regarding Song. He's been a solid defensive midfielder in my view. Biscuits had a nightmare of a game agaisnt PSG. But Song and Busquets actually make a decent partnership, in my view. Song at Centre Back though will send Araorn (sp?) to an early grave.:D

Decent. His distribution still leaves a bit to be desired and I don't think he is as defensively solid or as educated in the way of Barcelona as Busquets. A good replacement to have in case Busquets ever gets injured, a good substitute to have if the team are trying to close out a game but I can't see him ever being the starting holding midfielder.

• Advertisement

Brilliant header.

Scott Minto looks out of his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Abidal starting tonight.

brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Awful penalty decision there. Justice was done that he missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Barca making tough work of this tonight. Scoreless draw is very much on the cards unless Barca step up a gear.

Tello awful so far

Need a gif, of that Abidal close control and flick. Quality stuff.

Left it very close. Xavi cant change games, if anything he slowed it down a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Need a gif, of that Abidal close control and flick. Quality stuff.

He is quality. To come back twice, now aged 33.
    To come back to professional football, playing sport at the highest level. Amazing.

Left it very close. Xavi cant change games, if anything he slowed it down a bit

I thought if anything he made Barca more direct. He started playing long balls over the top and spreading the ball from wing to wing a lot more fluidly. I do think he's slowed down a bit, but his dictation was still well and truely evident.

Sure, if you doubt, me just wait until you read Anderson's description of the build up to Cesc's goal. :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought if anything he made Barca more direct. He started playing long balls over the top and spreading the ball from wing to wing a lot more fluidly. I do think he's slowed down a bit, but his dictation was still well and truely evident.

Sure, if you doubt, me just wait until you read Anderson's description of the build up to Cesc's goal. :pac:

He's the master at controlling games but not one to call upon to change one. I suppose who else could Tito have brought on. At least we won :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone watching Valencia vs Malaga? 4 -0 to Valencia. 11 seconds between the 3rd and the 4th. 4 goals in 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I've been watching it. Mad five minutes altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

4-1 now just before HT

I'm sorry guys, I actually missed the game last night due to a bit of a night on the town.

However I have since seen the goal and yes, the quality was of such a high quality. Sanchez and Fabregas seem to have an understanding of each other and have linked up to great effect in recent matches. The neat footwork of both, the awareness of Fabregas of his surroundings and the definitive finish. You couldn't ask for more.

I'm sorry guys, I actually missed the game last night due to a bit of a night on the town.

However I have since seen the goal and yes, the quality was of such a high quality. Sanchez and Fabregas seem to have an understanding of each other and have linked up to great effect in recent matches. The neat footwork of both, the awareness of Fabregas of his surroundings and the definitive finish. You couldn't ask for more.

I'm disappointed compared to your usual standards that effort is a bit hung over.

• Advertisement

I'm disappointed compared to your usual standards that effort is a bit hung over.

To be fair, I am still slightly hungover, on top of the disappointment of Chelsea's draw, my anger towards the referee in that game (and Suarez and his biting antics), currently having to do a 1,500 word assignment in which I am tasked with bullsh***ing 1,500 words and, of course, it wasn't spontaneous as I already knew Barcelona had won 1-0 with Fabregas scoring the winner.

Needless to say, I will be on much better form Tuesday night, when Barcelona prove once again that this generation of players is the greatest the world has ever seen.

To be fair, I am still slightly hungover, on top of the disappointment of Chelsea's draw, my anger towards the referee in that game (and Suarez and his biting antics), currently having to do a 1,500 word assignment in which I am tasked with bullsh***ing 1,500 words and, of course, it wasn't spontaneous as I already knew Barcelona had won 1-0 with Fabregas scoring the winner.

Needless to say, I will be on much better form Tuesday night, when Barcelona prove once again that this generation of players is the greatest the world has ever seen.

You're like the anti-troll. I look forward to your posts each week :)

You're like the anti-troll. I look forward to your posts each week :)

Thank you...I think. I'm just a guy who looks forward to watching Barcelona play each week, I'm a firm believer that Barcelona's philosophy on playing is the right way to play football.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Atleti 1 up in the Madrid derby. Guess who?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

1-1. Bit of a freak goal from Di Maria.

• Advertisement
Advertisement