Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2012/2013

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh what a pass Xavi Hernandez, quick, sharp, incisive movement by Pedro and a smart finish poking it past the oncoming Alvarez. 2-0 to Barcelona, no less than they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon that will be the last miss Higuin will have at Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Relegation battle really looking interesting in Spain.

Nobody is down yet.

It's going to be 3 of 4 teams - Depor, Zaragoza, Celta, and Mallorca.

Only one can survive.

Any idea what the tie-breaker in Spain is for level teams? Would have assumed goal difference, but heard someone mention head to head?

Hoping Depor can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Morzadec wrote: »

Any idea what the tie-breaker in Spain is for level teams? Would have assumed goal difference, but heard someone mention head to head?

Its certainly head to head if there are two teams. Not really sure if there is a 3 way tie. I'd assume a sort of 'mini group' but not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its GD if its a 3 way tie.

It is also GD if the head to head is the same.

Zaragosa I felt were safe a few weeks ago.

I hope Depor stay up. Always liked them, and if they do go, it is reckoned they could easily fold.

The key games are

Celta Vs Espanyol
    Zara Vs Athletico
    Depor Vs Sociedad
    Mallorca Vs Valldolid

Mallorca were dead and buried 3 weeks ago. Still bottom, but a win saves them. Assuming the other results go their way of course.

Depor were dead and buried in January, but went on an amazing run since. A win and they are safe. End of.

Celta were always there or thereabouts

Zara, as mentioned, are in free fall.

Basically they all need to win as a draw can see them all still go down. A draw defo relegates Mallorca. Zara have H2H over Depor. Depor have H2H over Celta.

Also worth noting is Sociedads equalier last night was invaluable. as it leaves them just 2 off Valencia for 4th with a better head to head. Valencia go away to Sevilla, while Sociedad go away to Depor. If Sociedad win, and Valencia draw, Sociedad finish 4th.

I hope Sky do the clever thing and show a relegation game or a CL game. Real and Barca have nothing to play for. Id like if Depor V Sociedad and Sevilla V Valencia are shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

gimmick wrote: »

Zaragosa I felt were safe a few weeks ago.

I hope Depor stay up. Always liked them, and if they do go, it is reckoned they could easily fold.

The key games are

Celta Vs Espanyol
    Zara Vs Athletico
    Depor Vs Sociedad
    Mallorca Vs Valldolid

Mallorca were dead and buried 3 weeks ago. Still bottom, but a win saves them. Assuming the other results go their way of course.

Depor were dead and buried in January, but went on an amazing run since. A win and they are safe. End of.

Celta were always there or thereabouts

Zara, as mentioned, are in free fall.

Basically they all need to win as a draw can see them all still go down. A draw defo relegates Mallorca. Zara have H2H over Depor. Depor have H2H over Celta.

Also worth noting is Sociedads equalier last night was invaluable. as it leaves them just 2 off Valencia for 4th with a better head to head. Valencia go away to Sevilla, while Sociedad go away to Depor. If Sociedad win, and Valencia draw, Sociedad finish 4th.

I hope Sky do the clever thing and show a relegation game or a CL game. Real and Barca have nothing to play for. Id like if Depor V Sociedad and Sevilla V Valencia are shown.

Cheers for explaining that.

Last night changed everything. It looked like it was just going to be between Depor and Zaragoza, but Celta have given themselves a great chance and Mallorca aren't dead and buried yet.

The Depor vs Real Sociedad match is definitely the one to watch. You get both the relegation battle and 4th place battle in that.

Looking at the table and fixtures, I'd actually tip Celta to do it.

It's in Depor's hands though - both teams are likely needing a win so should be a great match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Nervous win for Valencia yesterday, didn't play particularly well. Great having all the games on at the same time, retro feel with loads of people listening to events in Anoeta on the radio, will always trump fotmob etc for immediacy. The Madrid goals were greeted with cheers and then an anti-Madrid chant.

No, if it's a three-way tie the final order is decided by how the teams did against each other during the season.

The league have moved the FCB and RM games a few hours forward.

So Sky are showing Depor Vs Sociedad at 8pm tomorrow. probably the best match to show.

Should be an interesting game. One team will definitely be left totesdevo. Quite possible both will end up not getting what they want.

I hope Depor get the win they need to stay up. This, imo, is for the greater good. it will mean Valencia get CL again and Depor will take a step away from being wound up. God knows, Valencias finances are in such a mess missing out could cause them untold trouble as well.

On Barca, I hope Abidal is captain tmr night and gets the ovation he deserves when he gets subbed toward the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Headshot wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesnt rate Khedira what so ever?

Very limited player.

Khedira is a quality player, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Cracking goals from cesc and montoya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mourinho only waved at the fans behind the goals in his final game, just walked off the pitch after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Malaga have been poor. But Barca have looked very sharp. I didn't get to catch Mourinho's farewell. What it warm?:D

Iniesta!

once again a Spanish ref destroys a match

They are awful refs, one of the worse in Europe

Headshot wrote: »
    once again a Spanish ref destroys a match

They are awful refs, one of the worse in Europe

Jonas' sending off?
    Didn't see.
    They're definitely not the worst refs in Europe. The rule about mandatory yellows for Handballs is stupid but I don't think they're worst.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Jonas' sending off?
    Didn't see.
    They're definitely not the worst refs in Europe. The rule about mandatory yellows for Handballs is stupid but I don't think they're worst.

Yes they are the worse in Europe by miles

Giving silly yellows for anything. That ref tonight made one of the single worse decisions of the season and destroyed a great game

At least its still an unreal match

How have Depor not equalised?
    Soci looking increasingly nervous. Can't blame them but they're panicking like mad at times. It's even funnier when you consider how superior they've been when they played with cool heads.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for Sociedad but you gotta feel sorry for Valencia with the refereeing in that game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bit disappointed for Valencia but chuffed for Sociedad! Be interesting to see which players remain with them for next season what with Montanier leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    if they don't get beat by Real this w'kend they'll still have a good chance, valencia go to sevilla on the last week

4 points could do it for them with the H2H

good call :pac:

Disappointed for Valencia but absolutely thrilled (has that word been taken yet? Someone stole 'chuffed' :) ) for Sociedad. :D

It is going to be tougher to pry Inigo Martinez away...

miralize wrote: »
    It is going to be tougher to pry Inigo Martinez away...

On the other hand Guaita might become a possible target?

Jernal wrote: »
    On the other hand Guaita might become a possible target?

I'd prefer Ter Stegen tbh. Germans know how to mould their goalkeepers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Some fall from Mallorca since that last day drama

Mourinho at the start of the season:

"I don't think the champion will reach 100 points again. These numbers will stay in history for a long time."

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Alright lads, wasn't able to find it elsewhere, but does anyone know when the La Liga fixtures for 13/14 are announced? Or if they already have been?

As Real and Barca generally have the final say on the fixture plan, do not expect to see them for another 3 weeks. Season kicks off August 17th.

Last year was very efficient and they were release about July 10th. 2010 they came out around 2 weeks before the season started.

Advertisement