Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rumours Ronaldo is unhappy at Real

Ronaldo: "I didn't celebrate my goals because I'm unhappy with some people. They're in the club & know who they are
    misquote. he said he was sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

According to AS, he said:
    Estoy triste y la gente del club lo sabe; por eso no celebro los goles. Son cuestiones profesionales
    I'm sad and the people at the club know it, that's why I didn't celebrate the goals. It's a professional problem.
    No hubiera sorprendido ganarlo como tampoco me sorprendió perderlo. Iniesta lo merecía
    It wouldn't have surprised me to win it [the UEFA award] but it didn't surprise me to lose it. Iniesta deserved it.
    No estoy bien, pero voy a ir con Portugal, a ver si me recupero en un par de días porque quiero jugar esos dos partidos tan importantes para la Selección
    I'm not happy, but I'm going with Portugal to see if I can recover in a few days because we have two very important games [with Portugal].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

For all you old firm fans the Barcelona - Madrid league game is at 7.50pm Spanish time Sunday 7th October.

Levante - Valencia derby 12 noon same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Real lost last night 1 nil to Sevilla, now 8 behind Barca, who won away at Getafe 4-1.

In the real game. ''Gonzalo Higuain was fortunate to avoid a straight red for kicking out at Fernando Navarro with just three minutes on the clock.''.
    Di Maria took a swing at Rakitic. And Rakitic got a booking for it, while Di Maria got away with it, who was already on a yellow. Disgusting behavior

ME0eu.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That entire club is rotten to the core.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

gimmick wrote: »
    That entire club is rotten to the core.

Bit harsh.
    Im a barca fan btw... You cant say the whole club is. Some players would do your head in, and do dirty thing now and again, but so do a couple of barca players. Like every football club actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What is wrong at Real Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

R
    In the real game. ''Gonzalo Higuain was fortunate to avoid a straight red for kicking out at Fernando Navarro with just three minutes on the clock.''.
    Di Maria took a swing at Rakitic. And Rakitic got a booking for it, while Di Maria got away with it, who was already on a yellow. Disgusting behavior

It should have been 2 red cards but just like last season Real seem to be getting favourable refereeing decisions.

Real's forward players look out of sorts,Ozil and Higuain were rubbish last night,Di Maria was poor,Ronaldo looked disinterested and Modric doesnt fit into the team.

Modric came on for Ozil but he played extremely deep ,almost as a centre back.
    I dont see himself and Alonso working together,its one or the other.

8 points behind after 4 matches and a Classico at the Nou Camp coming up in 3 matches time ,Real could be 11 points behind after 7 matches and the league would be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The cream has most certainly risen to the top. But I am hopeful Valencia will capitalise on the misfortunes of Real although they haven't made the best start. Interesting top 4 in Law Liga however after gameweek 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Athleti where 4 0 up with ten minutes to go and it's just gone into injury time and there only 4-3 up now, completely switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

They gave me plenty of moments of anxiety in that match. Just settling down now.

Atleti were cruising but didn't actually have to do too much to get to 4-0. Rayo weren't even that bad. The commentators were saying when Filipe (iirc) was fouled and the peno wasn't given that the ref was probably being kind to Rayo. Three poor goals to concede, imo. Hopefully, Simeone will sort them out after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Weird game. After 80 minutes the stadium was basically asleep (with the exception of the Rayo fans, best away support I've seen in the Calderon) and ready to go home as the players appeared to be merely going through the formalities. Then boom!, very tense last 3 minutes.

I was impressed by Costa today, he showed that he's another option in the attacking four.

The last goal they conceded was pure Atleti in terms of comic badness, it reminded me a lot of a goal conceded in the last minute in the Bernabeu a couple of years back in the cup.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What a game atm. Tono having a stormer for Granada.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What a brilliant strike from Xavi! Barca 1-0, Xavi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Own goal! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Own goal! :(

Really wish Alexis had scored that or missed. Own Goal not deserved for Granada's excellent effort, what a final thirty minutes to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

649191859.gif?key=400217&Expires=1348354689&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Rt5DcA~RxmyMXQYjy5nmTYo7mIYlSGEqMg8kiHFxcD3-hCUfnZeCLrFuC1YAbtNmVW76YbQH5JSq3xxaajhaosf-DEIJf21ThZ0mt5z-4~DkNv9-PAlbqoZ8XTK4kvwUJxEWk3~OyuOFhBVPK7mlSfOhEOFx7bNl3gEfdD5ttTw_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Rayo/Madrid game put back to tomorrow night at 7 due to faulty lights at Rayo's stadium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Rayo/Madrid game put back to tomorrow night at 7 due to faulty lights at Rayo's stadium

Not really faulty. Someone cut wires and messed with the lights. The lads on sky sports thinks its because the vallecano season ticket holders were forced to pay extra money to watch this match.

This match is on tomorrow at 7. Nice Monday night game for us.

inmyday wrote: »
    Not really faulty. Someone cut wires and messed with the lights. The lads on sky sports thinks its because the vallecano season ticket holders were forced to pay extra money to watch this match.

Yeah I'd be fairly convinced this is the reason.

They have a point too, it's absolute bull**** that whenever Madrid or Barca are in town the club call it 'day of the club' and charge season ticket holders. Rayo are by no means the only club that do it either, but their fans have more balls than most and are not afraid to make themselves heard.

Milking the visit of Madrid and Barca is one of the aspects I hate most about Spanish football. Last week in Seville tickets started from 80 euro, in Getafe I think they were about the same. Spanish clubs should do everything they can to keep and attract fans and not have them be hoovered up by Barca and Madrid. Instead they take them for granted and treat them like ****.

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »

The Spanish clubs are really taking the mickey with ticket prices .
    Season ticket prices arent too bad but the prices for individual matches are very expensive ,extortionate in fact.
    The country is on the brink of bankruptcy ,with record unemployment ,and the clubs are trying to fleece supporters.:rolleyes:

Poor old Ronaldo is sad though,he wants more money ,ffs.

"I has a sad"
    Cristiano_ronaldo1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What a flick by Marcelo in the build up for that goal. 1-0 Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Don't have a huge problem with clubs hammering non-season ticket holders for the visit of FCB or RM. Feel a bit sorry for travelling fans but glory hunting locals can feck off. Most La Liga clubs have reasonably priced season tickets.

Don't have a huge problem with clubs hammering non-season ticket holders for the visit of FCB or RM. Feel a bit sorry for travelling fans but glory hunting locals can feck off. Most La Liga clubs have reasonably priced season tickets.

Hammering non-season ticket holders is fair enough, hammering season-ticket holders isn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

2-0 down, 2-3 win in injury time for Barcelona at Sevilla :cool:

Real Madrid are away at their old bogey ground tomorrow ,the Riazor ,could be interesting .

Only a week to go to El Classico .:)

Real Madrid are away at their old bogey ground tomorrow ,the Riazor ,could be interesting .

Only a week to go to El Classico .:)

They're at home, so unfortunately we've got to assume 3 points.

Devastated for Sevilla last night, they deserved something from that game. Somehow Barca's 100% record goes on.

• Advertisement

carlop wrote: »
    They're at home, so unfortunately we've got to assume 3 points.

Devastated for Sevilla last night, they deserved something from that game. Somehow Barca's 100% record goes on.

My mistake ,should be 3 points for Real as you said.

Sevilla were very unlucky last night ,thoroughly undeserved red card ,Fabregas seems to be taking over from Busquets as the wimp/cheat in the team.

The Barcelona defence is like a sieve at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Vk08D.jpg

CR 7 wrote: »
    Vk08D.jpg

Seems he is looking for £400k a week so as he wont be sad .

Seems he is looking for £400k a week so as he wont be sad .

He needs to throw that jersey back on him and swap shifts with Rooney and Nani!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Falcao scored last minute winner for Atletico
    there joint top with Barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats going on at Athletic Bilbao? Just managed to draw against a Segunda B side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

In a nutshell...

I know it might sound a bit cliche but Bielsa has simply got to big for his boots. As a manager he is making some very bad decisions regarding changes in personnel. His handling of Llorente and Martinez in particular has been god awful. The stories that were going around about Martinez were comical. Being locked out of the training ground he was forced to break in to retrieve his belongings. Llorente has made it abundantly clear that he wants to leave the club but instead Bielsa has hung on to him and this is having a knock on effect inside the dressing room.

The unity that wad there last year around the time of the United results is completely gone. They look well out of sorts and unless some thing is done soon all the talent will have heme-raged out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Been watching the Madrid/Zaragoza game and I have to say that these Madrid players don't deserve their weeks wages. They did the business in the first half but the lack of effort and general look of disinterest on most of the players during this second half is disgraceful.

These guys are the highest paid players in the world and their attitude just disgusts me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

eagle eye wrote: »
    Been watching the Madrid/Zaragoza game and I have to say that these Madrid players don't deserve their weeks wages. They did the business in the first half but the lack of effort and general look of disinterest on most of the players during this second half is disgraceful.

These guys are the highest paid players in the world and their attitude just disgusts me.

Essien deserves all his salary! Just earned me a handsome amount on the -2 handicap! :D

EDIT: and Modric

eagle eye wrote: »

I feel dirty paying money to that club the other day to do the Bernabeu tour, but it is such a mighty stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Disappointly a first loss for Atleti today. Struggled to test Valencia really. Not a great game. Although Soldado scored a cracking goal, great technique and eye for goal

• Advertisement

Couldn't have come at a better time for Valencia either, after a cracking start the the league they struggled over the last 4-6 games. Good to see them back to there winning ways and hopefully they can challenge for a top 3 finish as always :D

Delighted for Soldado too, massively under-rated striker by many. In a match that featured so many talented players, he produced the moment of magic. Hope he can get more minutes for Spain soon too even if I am a massive Villa fan :o

I feel dirty paying money to that club the other day to do the Bernabeu tour, but it is such a mighty stadium!

Excuse the double post..
    They were allot like that in the opening 45 last night, at times there ruining them selves with a sort of self inflicted fear/pressure. You could hear the relief when they equalized last night.

As a Barca fan I fail to understand why Ozil is not a more focal point in the Madrid attacks. He seems to be the one unlocking the deffence with clever passes these days.. and I hate to say it but that free kick last night was awesome.

I wonder how the Madrid press would handle not winning La Liga and the champions league? Not ruling them out of either but i'd rate Barca/Dortmund/Bayern as slightly better at the minute.

Pitch is a bit wet here.

EDIT: Actually this is ****, the ball isn't rolling at all which means a lot of passes are being underhit and players are diving in. There could be a serious injury, should be called off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Barcas defense this season is truly awful. Really need to work on it before the Atleti game in December, or they (read Falcao) will have a field day.

Real Betis vs Real Madrid coming up at 9 ,should be a great match .
    Last seasons match was one of the best matches of the season played at a blistering pace ,with Real winning 3-2.

I'm looking forward to seeing some good football after having to endure 3 atrocious matches in the EPL earlier today.

Betis 1-0 up at half time.
    Good match so far .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Betis 1-0 up at half time.
    Good match so far .

Decent match, Madrid look a bit toothless so far...only one half decent spell from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Real in a bit of trouble here, don't look like they're going to score at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

THFC wrote: »
    Real in a bit of trouble here, don't look like they're going to score at all.

Yup very lacklustre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Have to say they've been this way all season. At times they spark into life but they've mostly been very erratic. Betis deserve a draw at the least here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement