Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert results vs. Junior Cert results

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I just remembered a guy in my school that got a B at OL JC English and a C1 in HL for the LC 2 years later. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sheeba7

Patchy , I would like to know , if you just learn whatever the teacher does in class each day , or do you do studying a different way .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

It really doesn't make much difference! I got a B in maths (hon) in the JC and then an A2 in honours for Leaving cert!
    Same with music! Went from a B to an A! They are 2 totally different exams and a different approach is taken once you go into 5th year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

JC: 2 A's, 8 B's and 3 C's (including French >_<)
    LC: 3 A1's (including French), 3 A2's and a B1 (570)

I changed, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

JC- 3 As and 7 Bs all higher
    LC - 1 A, 5Bs and 1 C all higher. 530

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

JC- 10a's 2b's
    LC - 615

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

JC - Straight Cs
    LC - Filling for an appeal, but over 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    JC - Straight Cs

The return :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

JC - Straight Cs

REZNOV :D We missed you so much <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

OMG REZNOV :D
    sheeba7 wrote: »
    Patchy , I would like to know , if you just learn whatever the teacher does in class each day , or do you do studying a different way .
    Emmmm well sometimes in things like English and Irish we'd just read more of our comparative and An Triail. I just took it in chunks really, like I'd learn a comparative mode, do an essay, study that essay once it got 70/70, then go and shorten it into a few bullet points and learn that. Homework was enough.
    Any other questions maybe PM me, don't wanna drag this off topic too much. :P

• Advertisement

Reznov!!!

114172_340.jpg

*waves to everyone*
    Thank you everybody. I have returned for the time being. I hope all are satisfied with their results.

Below 625 = fail.
    (Yes, I too have failed).
    The return :P

C1 in Chemistry.
    The only thing returning is my Chemistry script to the SEC for a recheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Darksider

No As in junior cert, failed French. 595 in leaving, A1 in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

C1 in Chemistry.

What course are you hoping to do?

*waves to everyone*
    Thank you everybody. I have returned for the time being. I hope all are satisfied with their results.

Below 625 = fail.
    (Yes, I too have failed).

C1 in Chemistry.
    reznov, the shame! :O
    Well, you can still love two of the boardsies anyway... :P We tried! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Denisocal

Junior Cert - 1 A,
    9 B's
    Leaving Cert - 4 A1's
    1 A2
    1 B2
    2 B3's

Reznov, you'll get upgraded. Without a doubt. Last year I knew someone who got a C1 in Engineering and after a recheck it went up to an A1. Exact same thing with someone I knew in accounting 2 years ago! C1--->A1. In accounting they forgot to add up an entire question! :O

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Reznov, you'll get upgraded. Without a doubt. Last year I knew someone who got a C1 in Engineering and after a recheck it went up to an A1. Exact same thing with someone I knew in accounting 2 years ago! C1--->A1. In accounting they forgot to add up an entire question! :O

It's a stain on my LC results sheet. If only the SEC knew the long winded, fact rich conversations I lead with boards.ie members throughout the year! *shakes fist*

It's a stain on my LC results sheet. If only the SEC knew the long winded, fact rich conversations I lead with boards.ie members throughout the year! *shakes fist*

Would you care to join ouor LC FBook group? A LOT of people will be so happy to see you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

sheeba7 wrote: »
    Is there anybody that got hardly no A in their Junior Cert and who have gotten over 550 points ?

Yeah I got 5 Bs a few Cs and Ds in junior cert, did a couple of subjects pass aswell, got 550 in the leaving cert.

Had no idea I wanted to study medicine and had no interest in school a few years ago, that was the difference. I didn't change school or anything, just decided I needed to study.

Oh and yeah, I got a D in junior cert science, then in the leaving cert I got 4 As in Physics, chemistry, biology and ag science. Again, just decided during fifth that I actually liked science, my JC teacher was horrendous and put me off of it.

• Advertisement

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Would you care to join ouor LC FBook group? A LOT of people will be so happy to see you!

Link me! I didn't know of further developments which occurred during my absence.

Not sure if we're allowed link it here? So I pm'd you it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueTexan

RedTexan wrote: »
    Junior Cert: 11 A's 1 B (All higher bar CSPE)
    Leaving: 7 A1's 1 A2 (All higher)
    Aright bud, pretty sure you only did 11 subjects.

The BlueTexan rides again.

Advertisement