Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfed Fermoyle without a wetsuit last week

Options
  • 18-08-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

During the hot spell a week ago myself and a mate managed to surf Fermoyle beach in Kerry without wetsuits. It was a really hot day so it seemed like the perfect thing to do.

We managed a couple of hours and was one of the best surfs ever even though the waves were only 1ft on sets.

What could be better? Roasting hot day, no wetsuit, longboard and beautiful scenery.

Its an experience that I would recommend to everyong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,653 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Legends.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No matter how warm the weather I don't think I've ever felt water warm enough to warrant removing the wetsuit here. Might have to move to fermoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I probably wont ever get the chance to do it again! It just seemed the right thing to do and to be honest we never got any deeper that chest high and tried not to fall off!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Last Wednesday? Saw some doing it, did rock the shortie I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

keryl wrote: »
    Last Wednesday? Saw some doing it, did rock the shortie I have to say.

Was there on the Wed evening alright but I wore my wetsuit that time. Some cracking waves coming in. Managed to catch a few of the big ones on my longboard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Cool,

I was up the coast but great to see it as it's been quite humid (if that's even possible in this country lol).
    Serious shock to the system after September :(

Surfing through the winter, it's amazing the tolerance you build up.

Advertisement