Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM12 on 2 computers

Options
  • 18-08-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to run FM2012 on 2 seperate machines?
    I have the game, and steam account and all that. The game is running on my PC, but could I set it up on my laptop too and load a saved game from my PC?
    Or do I need 2 copies of the game? They wouldn't be playing on both machines at the same time. I'd like to play it at weekends when I'm home and only have my laptop then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is it possible to run FM2012 on 2 seperate machines?
    I have the game, and steam account and all that. The game is running on my PC, but could I set it up on my laptop too and load a saved game from my PC?
    Or do I need 2 copies of the game? They wouldn't be playing on both machines at the same time. I'd like to play it at weekends when I'm home and only have my laptop then

You can play Steam games on any any computer once you log in, but you can't log in on both at the same time.

You would have to copy your saved games over manually as FM 2012 doesn't use Steam cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

You can play Steam games on any any computer once you log in, but you can't log in on both at the same time.

You would have to copy your saved games over manually as FM 2012 doesn't use Steam cloud.

Sure about that? That's like not being able to log in seperately on your email account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

flyswatter wrote: »
    Sure about that? That's like not being able to log in seperately on your email account.
    I know it happened to me.

My old laptop was on its last legs so got a new one. I still used the old one for FM and had bought LA Noire from Steam for the new one.

If I was playing one and got bored and wanted to switch to the other. The second I logged in on one, it automatically logged out of Steam on the other.

Also FM does work on two computers as I was able to download it onto my new laptop before my old one completely died.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

flyswatter wrote: »

Not really, your email provider have nothing to lose if your account is open on a thousand different computers at once.

If you could just distribute your Steam login however, and everyone could play your games, why would anyone ever buy any?

• Advertisement
Advertisement