Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application form for assistant lecturer - publications etc.

Options
  • 18-08-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm in the process of filling out the application for a position of assistant lecturer in an IoT. I am on the publications / research section of the application, but I'm a little stuck. Basically I do not have any research publications as such, but i do have a good number of patents and a lot of images of my design work have been published in magazines etc. Can any of these mediums be used, and would they even be helpful?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Freddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would say leave it blank and document the patents separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

Thanks Tom, I will do as you suggest.
    Unfortunately I just found out that a friend is also going for the position but he has a PhD plus teaching experience. I'm presuming I now don't stand a chance! What do you think - odds against me?

Thanks
    Freddie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You know what? Sometimes it's impossible to know.

I went for an interview in an IT where there were six members on the panel. One was my MSc supervisor, one played golf at the same club as my father, I had loads of relevant experience and still didn't get it.

So you never know.

Advertisement