Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod completely wrong and banned me anyways.

Options
  • 18-08-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Dogwatch has banned me from the Airsoft Adverts forum for selling an item on facebook as well as on boards.

But i was not. Yes i had the items on facebook while they were not on boards.
    I had then deleted the ads on facebook and then post the item on boards.

At no stage was the item im selling for sale on boards and another place at the same time.

When doogwatch seen my post on boards it would of only taken a small bit of effort on his part to open facebook and see if the item was still for sale there.
    Clearly he didnt do this and just dished out a ban with the assumption the item was still for sale on facebook.

PM Linkage:

Dear goodlad,

You have been banned from Airsoft Adverts for three days for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Dogwatch

Moderator Note

You know that selling here and elsewhere is not allowed

My Reply:

Its not for sale elsewhere! Go look for yourself dude.
    I deleted the ads from facebook a few minutes before i post this thread up on boards. Now kindly do your job correctly and unband me and open the thread.

I havent recieved any reply since.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll take a look at this. As a first step, could you PM me a link to the FB page

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yup, no bother.

There is actually a few i had it on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/432682213419908/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344349452260344/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/339238869492627/

Twas deleted off them about 2 minutes before i put up the boards sale ad.

I guess looking at an order of events really does show that the ban was based on pure assumption. I delete facebook ads and then post a boards thread. Over 24 hours later Dogwatch noticed the boards thread when i bumped it and immediately banned me, (within seconds of me bumping).

We all know the saying.. Assumption is the mother of all ....... :p

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi goodlad

We've exchanged s couple of PMs since your last post, and in the one I recently sent you I included a link to a Facebook page dedicated to buying and selling Airsoft items where the item you listed in the Airsoft Adverts forum was listed on 14 August, and at this time the Ad remains live on that Facebook page

Hence it is clear that you had this item for sale elsewhere when your ad was placed in the Airsoft Adverts forum, which contravenes the rules of the Airsoft Adverts forum. On this basis, unless you have anything more to say on the matter, Dogwatch was absolutely correct in his analysis of the situation and I will have no option but to uphold the original ban

Hi again goodlad

I see you've taken the FB ad that I linked to down and re-listed this item in the Airsoft Adverts sub-forum

Can we now mark this Appeal as resolved?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Could of sword i replied to this.
    Ye its fine, close it sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement