Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Clinic - Lost Money

Options
  • 18-08-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

My Wife, has using the Berkeley Clinic for years for various treatments, she pre-paid €800 recently for a series of treatments over the course of a couple of months, she when for one treatment which was fine.

However a few weeks later she went for the second treatment, it was closed. She was later contacted by someone from the Clinic saying they were under new management and if she would like to continue treatments she would have to pay again with a small discount for the inconvenience.

Can they really do this? What are her rights? Seemed strange to me that they maintained the same client list under new management.

I've looked up some details are heres what I found:
    BERKELEY SKIN AND LASER CLINIC is registered on the CRO from 2006
    Theres no mention of the close-sure on insolvencyjournal.ie

www.berkeleyclinic.ie seems to be owned by CLIFTON HEALTHCARE LIMITED which seems to have become insolvent in 17th January 2011

The new company seems to be called Havana Therapy

Where do we go from here? Any insight appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

akadesign wrote: »
    My Wife, has using the Berkeley Clinic for years for various treatments, she pre-paid €800 recently for a series of treatments over the course of a couple of months, she when for one treatment which was fine.

However a few weeks later she went for the second treatment, it was closed. She was later contacted by someone from the Clinic saying they were under new management and if she would like to continue treatments she would have to pay again with a small discount for the inconvenience.

Can they really do this? What are her rights? Seemed strange to me that they maintained the same client list under new management.

I've looked up some details are heres what I found:
    BERKELEY SKIN AND LASER CLINIC is registered on the CRO from 2006
    Theres no mention of the close-sure on insolvencyjournal.ie

www.berkeleyclinic.ie seems to be owned by CLIFTON HEALTHCARE LIMITED which seems to have become insolvent in 17th January 2011

The new company seems to be called Havana Therapy

Where do we go from here? Any insight appreciated.

Depends on a few things.

How recently did she pre-pay the €800?

How did she pay - Cash / Credit-card / Laser / Cheque?

Who did she make the payment payable to?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

dilallio wrote: »
    Depends on a few things.

How recently did she pre-pay the €800?

How did she pay - Cash / Credit-card / Laser / Cheque?

Who did she make the payment payable to?

She paid about 3 weeks ago, cash, and it was taken by a previous employee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

The money is gone so she may as well forget about it. Why or why did she pay cash upfront for a service. She has only herself to blame.

Advertisement