Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500e MAX PC!

Options
  • 18-08-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    My old man's PC blew up recently and I told him I'll build him one but finding difficult in getting it under 500e, which is the ABSOLUTE limit. Want a decent rig with an OK graphics card (for when I get home at the odd weekends, TF2 Mass effect, nothing too extreme.) HD need a 500GB-1000GB no idea on what to get a better CPU or GPU. Stopped following hardware trends about 4 years ago so i'm no longer an expert

1. What is your budget?
    400-500e

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Family multimedia, moderate/light gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    Nope, if I can figure a way to transfer it to the new HD

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    Hmmm, case possibly but PSU is only 300W, Disk drive bust. Will use old HD as a slave to keep files

5. Do you need a monitor?

Nope.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    Think its a 22" 1050 no plan to upgrade

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Nope

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Historically I've never bothered with my own rigs

8. How can you pay?
    Anyway

9. When are you purchasing?
    ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    should be fine

Comments

Advertisement