Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

st3veebee wrote: »
    To get that little bit more accurate you crouch! Job done.

Honestly Valve were gonna get some hate regardless:

Change the game (Add ADS, different weapons, modes etc new sounds) and people would say "this isn't Counter Strike anymore, just call it something enw and stop using the title to sell"

Keep it the same, as they have, and people say "what's the point? Just new graphics? Bleh"

I'm happy with what they have done anyway!

This makes sense. No matter what valve will do, there will be moaners.

I personally don't know what to think of it. There is barely any change from source. Just a few reskins of weapons. I expected them to add at least good few new weapons.
    On the positive side I like that heavy machine guns don't suck balls aside as they did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This makes sense. No matter what valve will do, there will be moaners.

I personally don't know what to think of it. There is barely any change from source. Just a few reskins of weapons. I expected them to add at least good few new weapons.
    On the positive side I like that heavy machine guns don't suck balls aside as they did before.

It really depends on what level you play the game at, anyone who played CSS competitively will tell you its a huge change. Recoil, movement, hit boxes are all noticeably different. Something like the Molotov is a massive change for the competitive side of CS aswel.

You have to remember that CS:GO was originally just going to be a port of CSS for the consoles, it wasn't really until they got feedback from the PC community that they changed their focus back to the PC market. Im sure for 90% or more on the console side, its a completely new game.

The best thing about the game being released is that its actually uniting the pro scene from 1.6 and top level source players (Aswel as a lot of CoD players). Which is great as FPS in esport has been diminishing for a while now. At the end of the day, CS owes most of its success to the competitive community, to simply ignore that side of the community in favor of CoD style gameplay would be just silly from valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm actually tempted to get this on the Xbox rather than PC - initially at least. PC Counter Strike players are at such a huge level above new players, I've tried numerous times over the last two or three years to get into it, but everyone playing it is just so much better than those not. Will probably them pick it up for a few euros in the Christmas sale.
    The game will be interplatform, meaning you may find yourself in servers with both Xbox 360 AND PC Players in the same matches as each other.

You've been warned, joystick ninja.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Overheal wrote: »
    The game will be interplatform, meaning you may find yourself in servers with both Xbox 360 AND PC Players in the same matches as each other.

I thought they dropped cross platform between consoles and computer gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Overheal wrote: »

Any idea how that is even meant to work?
    Force PC users to use a controller/massive amount of auto-aiming for the console?
    I really can not see any other way really! Console players would be at a huge disadvantage and would very quickly lose interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah they did http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/05/counter-strike-global-offensive-loses-cross-play/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah I read that this had been dropped early in its development.

It was in an earlier thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

Had a few more games last night on the Beta. It's a really solid game.

+ I really like the shotguns in this game, unlike COD, they are useful.
    +New maps are fun, with lakehouse level being great fun.
    +Molotovs can get you out of tricky situations

-Hitboxes/registering can be sporadic. Random strafe shooting can get more headshots then careful aiming. Sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Will get this at the end of the month. Also just realized its only 13 euros.

I bought it last night once I saw in that in the video they had added new gamemodes including one of my favourites from CS:S; GunGame (albeit under a different name). Also very nice price point.

I'm hoping they expand more on the gamemodes but with thier usually consistant updating it does look promising.

Am i right in saying the beta is around a 5GB download?

----

Edit: Actually is there any point in downloading the beta as the full game is released in a few hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just wondering when this is coming to the PS3 , i seen it on the US PS3 store as a preorder at lunch time today, but nothing on the normal PS3 store. I heard it was being released today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

2smiggy wrote: »
    just wondering when this is coming to the PS3 , i seen it on the US PS3 store as a preorder at lunch time today, but nothing on the normal PS3 store. I heard it was being released today.

today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

just bought it but cant install it on steam only the beta can be installed
    is it the same thing

just bought it but cant install it on steam only the beta can be installed
    is it the same thing

The game is not fully released for a few hours and I would presume its a different install to the beta. I may be wrong and they may somehow incorporate the beta with the full game but I doubt it.

If you have fast internet you can download the beta to test out the game or you wait for the full release.

Edit: Actually I just went into steam now and the beta tag has disappeared so I'm presuming the current download in the full game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Looks like they just released CS:GO - by renaming the Beta.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Looks like they just released CS:GO - by renaming the Beta.

Yeah it was strange, just noticed that.

Must have released an update too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yeah it has been officially released.

CS:GO LAUNCHING NOW

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available via Steam, with the North American PSN launch and worldwide Xbox launch happening later tonight and tomorrow morning. .

CS: GO expands on the classic team-based action gameplay that Counter-Strike pioneered. Featuring an arsenal of over 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, new visuals, leaderboards and over 165 Steam Achievements.

For more information on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive visit counter-strike.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

thanks for the info
    guess i just had to wait a few hours its showing the install option now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Steam is getting hammered at the moment following the release of the game, so it could have something to do with that moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Well that game is fun :D

• Advertisement

Well that game is fun :D

He says after an all night binge ;)

I like what I've seen so far, my net sucks at moment so pings would be way too high to try online play. Just been trying out the new game modes, weapons and maps against bots.

The whole thing feels the same yet different!

What's different about the full release compared to the Beta? Can't find info anywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is this out on psn in Europe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

st3veebee wrote: »
    What's different about the full release compared to the Beta? Can't find info anywhere....

Nothing, they released a big update last week in the beta. Probably be quite a few large updates over the next few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

how much is it on steam anyone?
    is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

dam it, its out on the US ps store but not yet on the eu one.....hate waiting around lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I like it so far, but I feel they've nerfed it down slightly. They replaced buying ammunition with automatically refilling ammunition at the end of every round. It's taken out a bit of the tactical element as I know I would have in the previous versions to decide what weapon to mainly use if I was low on cash and had feck all ammo. You would have to decide on whether going CQB or holding back if you only had a pistol and no rifle ammunition. Now I'm swimming in cash, even on competitive mode.

Other than that I think it's great and the price tag fits what it is - Original CS with new textures/graphics, some tweaks and new weapons. Shame about getting rid of the silencers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I like it so far, but I feel they've nerfed it down slightly. They replaced buying ammunition with automatically refilling ammunition at the end of every round. It's taken out a bit of the tactical element as I know I would have in the previous versions to decide what weapon to mainly use if I was low on cash and had feck all ammo. You would have to decide on whether going CQB or holding back if you only had a pistol and no rifle ammunition. Now I'm swimming in cash, even on competitive mode.

Other than that I think it's great and the price tag fits what it is - Original CS with new textures/graphics, some tweaks and new weapons. Shame about getting rid of the silencers though.

That's in CS:S, you can turn it off if you run the server.
    We will have to wait a while for Valve to balance the price of guns like they did in CS:S.

I do miss the silencers actually, keep pressing the RMB with the default CT pistol just in case it magically appears :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

2 dumbass questions here:

1. Does it include bots to allow me practice offline?

2. Does it have dust, dust2 etc as maps?

edit: I decided to not be a lazy sod and looked up the answers to my own questions.

1. Yes

2. Yes

Advertisement