Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thinking of picking this up on Steam, how big is the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

5.5 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Crosáidí wrote: »
    5.5 GB

It says size is going to be >5GB but my download was only 3GB so that 5+ may be size on disk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah if you have other steam games, source games etc you do not need to download everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Still not arrived in the EU PSN store. Better be there by Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Was playing a bit earlier, jesus I'm awful at it. So much fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I have to get this ASAP while the fresh meat is still abundant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Played this last night on the 360. Going on how I'm seeing people behave, tactics or any kind of strategic thinking has gone out the window and it's just a case of everyone running towards each other every round. I think this will change in time as people get bored of dying quickly and spending most of their time as a spectator.

My aim is all over the place though. I'm shooting as if I have the control of a mouse because that's how I'm used to shooting in CS but I haven't even begun to master controlling my spray.

All in all, I'll definitely invest a good few hours into this and hopefully too many people won't head straight back to CoD after a week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A group of 4 of us found it hard to get a competitive game last night. Anyone else get the same?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I keep getting kicked out of games cause it's saying one of my PAK files is different from the server's - am I looking at just downloading the whole thing again? I've not tinkered with any of it cause I'd rather drive forks through my eyeballs at a Justin Bieber concert than be one of those pathetic dickheads who cheats in online games, but it's quite annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

So far im enjoying it but there are a few things that annoy me. I will also say that they need to smooth out a few bugs in the game.

Im glad they kept it like traditional counter-strike. I had nightmares of it turning into a call of battlefield episode 4 EA edition or some other crappy fps like that. For the most part it still seems like CSS with improved graphics and a better aiming system. (No more headshots from halfway across the map while aiming at a person feet :pac:)

I kinda miss the traditional voice prompts, "fire in the hole" etc. I find that some of them are completely innefective such as the "need backup" one. In CSS people usually heard it and responded, but in this it just sounds like a crappy mumble that nobody pays attention to.

Another thing that annoys me is no sprays :mad:. God dammit, sprays were a fun feature of the game and I hope the bring them back.

Somebody here mentioned that they will be including the silencer soon? I sure hope so.

Is anybody else having problems connecting to public servers? It seems for me that I cant connect to most of them, just getting a "connection to server" prompt for a few minutes and then nothing happening. Its bloody annoying. I cant seem to connect to any server! Mind you, this problem sometimes popped up with CSS too.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I keep getting kicked out of games cause it's saying one of my PAK files is different from the server's - am I looking at just downloading the whole thing again? I've not tinkered with any of it cause I'd rather drive forks through my eyeballs at a Justin Bieber concert than be one of those pathetic dickheads who cheats in online games, but it's quite annoying.

Did you try to verify the game files?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finding the lack of maps for Arm's Race mode quite annoying now, it's fun to play when you don't feel like doing anything other than running around shooting but only two maps makes it boring after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Finding the lack of maps for Arm's Race mode quite annoying now, it's fun to play when you don't feel like doing anything other than running around shooting but only two maps makes it boring after a while.

I loved the Gun Game mod that was around with CS:S so I was real happy to see it being ported into CS:GO officialy but like yourself real disappointed by the lack of maps. Some of the custom maps that used to come with the mod were the reason why I kept coming back to it so hopefully we'll see a release of more soon.

I feel that it also plays differently then before - the rules not the actual gameplay, it plays more like the gun game mod from COD BlackOps.
    I'm not a fan of the gun order but I'm hopeful that this is/will be customisable as its also missing a nade round. Knife kills should also award a level - while knife death loses a level (not sure if this is same in-game as haven't tried it).

Knife kills should also award a level - while knife death loses a level (not sure if this is same in-game as haven't tried it).

Pretty sure it is like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I loved the Gun Game mod that was around with CS:S so I was real happy to see it being ported into CS:GO officialy but like yourself real disappointed by the lack of maps. Some of the custom maps that used to come with the mod were the reason why I kept coming back to it so hopefully we'll see a release of more soon.

I feel that it also plays differently then before - the rules not the actual gameplay, it plays more like the gun game mod from COD BlackOps.
    I'm not a fan of the gun order but I'm hopeful that this is/will be customisable as its also missing a nade round. Knife kills should also award a level - while knife death loses a level (not sure if this is same in-game as haven't tried it).

Knife thing is in it alright, no grenade level though but to me the grenades seem underpowered or something anyway, I don't use them a whole lot as I prefer to stick to flash bangs but I've had some land beside me that don't even leave me critical.

Yeah, noticed under-powered nades alright.
    In Source I landed a grenade beside a guys head and did 60 Damage.
    The GO ones seem to be a minor inconvenience.
    Wish they sounded like the grenades from Insurgency. Real powerful blast rather than a boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its not call of duty fellas... direct nades do about 50-60 against full armor and 70-90 with no armor... more than enough for competitive play and probably too much for casual 20 man servers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Yep frag grenades are a waste of money. I do however highly enjoy the motovs :D

Oh, another thing I wish they would do is raise the max money limit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

waste of money, lol. They are great, they just don't kill you like it should be. They are to hinder you. It's also good to coordinate with a team member to double nade a rush etc, killing them. Earlier in the beta grenades were more powerful and it was a joke, killing 4 people easily with one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Yep frag grenades are a waste of money. I do however highly enjoy the motovs :D

Oh, another thing I wish they would do is raise the max money limit.

Is it still capped at 16k?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What a fantastic game this is , Was down to myself and 5 terrorists last night killed all 5 of them , then my trial ran out and i've no MS points left(bar the 400 saved for the walking dead) roll on payday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I played CS1.6 for about 5 years, and although I've only played a couple hours of this I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this. Looks like source, handles like 1.6 (except for some spray mechanics I guess, although I probably just suck now). Definitely replacing 1.6 as our go-to FPS at LANs. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did you try to verify the game files?

Never thought of that, cheers! Has sorted it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

well the playstation eu blog has released their update to the store for this week.....still no cs:go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

psugrue wrote: »
    well the playstation eu blog has released their update to the store for this week.....still no cs:go :(

Ridiculous and still no update on why and when it will be released.

Tempted to just make an NA PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Finical wrote: »
    Ridiculous and still no update on why and when it will be released.

Tempted to just make an NA PSN account.

yea i've thought of buying it there myself, i already have an account but i dont always wanna play on the american servers, gonna hold out and whenever it gets released, if im still interested i'll pick it up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

good news people
    (well for the people who are lagging in it)
    servers have either improved alot or people on the trial havnt bought it
    either way
    its definitly not as laggy anymore i can play it haha connect to most games straight away
    the odd spike lag here and their but so far its running nicely
    hope to see a server update soon though to completely smooth the game out

Oh yes!
    Just went 22-7 (K/D) on Demolition mode.
    We.
    Are.
    Back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Not enough maps
    Not enough maps
    Not enough maps

Where is Prodigy? Where is Militia? No actual decent maps to play for classic mode, they basically made a standard gun game, 5 small maps to play and added a molotov.

Enjoying the gameplay but man valve are ****ing retardedly lazy

Advertisement