Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Why are there so many servers with a huge amount of players like 30/40 plus ?

I dont see the point , dont tactics just go out the window at that stage and its just pointless gunning down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I dont see the point , dont tactics just go out the window at that stage and its just pointless gunning down ?

There is no tactics in public CS...welcome to the party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

TheDoc wrote: »
    There is no tactics in public CS...welcome to the party
    I dunno i have been playing on servers where its between 4v4 and 7v7 and i must say i find those games a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Where tactics are necessary becuase of the low numbers it is possible to sneak past the oppostion to the bombsites etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

-Vega- wrote: »
    Not enough maps
    Not enough maps
    Not enough maps

Where is Prodigy? Where is Militia? No actual decent maps to play for classic mode,

Militia...decent?

dotdotdot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dustaz wrote: »
    Militia...decent?

dotdotdot

Militia was tons of fun when I was learning the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It teaches the T's to stay put and the CT's the value of a good rush.
    Or at least it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Not enough maps
    Not enough maps
    Not enough maps

Where is Prodigy? Where is Militia? No actual decent maps to play for classic mode, they basically made a standard gun game, 5 small maps to play and added a molotov.

Enjoying the gameplay but man valve are ****ing retardedly lazy

I guess they just put in the old €15-per-copy amount of effort, but whatever ..

Also neither of those maps were good, although I would like to play a revamped prodigy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Where is Prodigy? Where is Militia?

Pfft! Bring back cs_backalley I say!

Wouldn't mind seeing updates of either of those tbh. But no one would play militia & feck all people still play prodigy, much as I like it's chokey goodness.

I'm sure decent custom versions of cs_assault & a few more classics will make there way into rotations after a few months, but Valve have better things to be doing than making maps no one will bother playing. Anyway safehouse is militia lite!

Just like CS:S the game will be constantly updated & new stuff will be added, completely free of charge for years and years and years!

Simi wrote: »
    Pfft! Bring back cs_backalley I say!

Wouldn't mind seeing updates of either of those tbh. But no one would play militia & feck all people still play prodigy, much as I like it's chokey goodness.

I'm sure decent custom versions of cs_assault & a few more classics will make there way into rotations after a few months, but Valve have better things to be doing than making maps no one will bother playing. Anyway safehouse is militia lite!

Just like CS:S the game will be constantly updated & new stuff will be added, completely free of charge for years and years and years!

By the community

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

oh dear, still not out on psn this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

psugrue wrote: »
    oh dear, still not out on psn this week

........:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

40 player servers teach you how to aim and shoot, because in small numbers those opportunity's are rare and it takes far far longer to learn to excel at them. When I could dominate in clan matches, I could dominate on 40+ Pub servers. I used to love full on 40 player deathmatch as well. Great warm up to a match.

Must get this game. And a PC to play it.

What is it like specs wise to get a solid 30fps on 1080p? Would a Q6600 with a 4870 be able to handle it. Or would I need a new cpu and gfx?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Would a Q6600 with a 4870 be able to handle it. Or would I need a new cpu and gfx?

Its source so shouldnt have an issue with that pc.

My kid has it with an E6850 and 4870 and he plays 1920*1080 runs perfectly

I finally got around to getting it, played for around 2 hours and I'm very underwhelmed. I think I was looking forward to it too much though. I was having trouble finding a decent server. Gun game and demolition are gimmicks. Almost every non-valve server I played on has the awp banned, even some had all scoped weapons banned. The valve servers are just full of bots. Where's the mp5? Maps have barely changed at all. I'm not convinced so far

I'm having trouble joining any servers that are password protected. It times out after attempting to connect 10 times. Anyone else came across issues like this? Google isn't being much use to me at the moment.

Console is showing this:

Connecting to 81.19.210.22:27015
    Connecting to public(81.19.210.22:27015) ...
    901.127: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    Retrying public(81.19.210.22:27015) ...
    907.131: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    913.170: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    919.176: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    925.191: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    931.225: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    937.270: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    943.304: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    949.344: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    955.384: Sending UDP connect to public IP 81.19.210.22:27015
    Connection failed after 10 retries.

Unknown command "joingame"
    Error getting avatar image: playerID(76561197963982798), iIndex(65535)

Just realised tonight the game keeps putting me on the exact same sever every time i click find a game :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just realised tonight the game keeps putting me on the exact same sever every time i click find a game :confused:

The quick game function is absolutely useless. I just get put in a game with bots

Since when is a good idea to zoom in and pause on the guy who killed you? Drives me nuts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Grimebox wrote: »
    Since when is a good idea to zoom in and pause on the guy who killed you? Drives me nuts

Can turn that off, cant recall command atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Can turn that off, cant recall command atm

It's really annoying for someone like me who dies a lot :(

Is the change server side or per user?

Should be somehwere in this list ;)
    A list + explanation of the 2172 console commands in CS:GO!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

per user, you turn on developer console and type in cl_disablefreezecam 1 or something and it stops. put in autoexec.cfg to have it done permanently etc

Well they managed to break the 5v5 quick match with the latest patch. If a player leaves, a vote pops up asking if you want to continue playing with a bot replacing that player. Everyone has to vote yes or the game ends. Usually one person votes no or one person doesn't vote so its all over. You seem to have only around 15 seconds to vote. Haven't had one proper game since its been implemented. Maybe once everyone gets used to it, it will work but I doubt it.

2 new maps as well?

de_vertigo is back which I have always like and is a bit of fun but frankly was never a great map to begin with, and some gun game map which I haven't tried yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

Does anyone on here still play or even want to team up to play a few matches??

Still play yep, so do a few more. Can add TarAldarion to steam for any games.

Cool!! I will be on at the weekend. Anyone else out there my steam name is SUPERNOVA1890. Yes that's all caps! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Still play? It's the 2nd most played game on Steam and in the top 10 of all games according to a recent raptor survey. Regularly peaks at 250,000 concurrent players. I play the odd time when Tar feels like losing.

Haha I know! I was just wondering if people on boards play... Sick of getting into games full of russians!! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement