Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rail for FTR

• 18-08-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

well lads
    just got a new savage ftr and was looking for opinions on what rail i should put on it i have a nightforce 12-42 to go on top just wondering bout rail..
    atb
    ruger1894c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I was thinking the same thing. I just picked up my FTR 12 and was trying to suss out rings, mount, and scope.

Since I will be going with the Nightforce scope, like yourself, I figured I would go with the Nightforce rings and a 20moa, one piece, picatinny mount, steel in both cases.

Next comes the bipod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Near rails are probably the best:
    http://www.nearmfg.com/products.htm

but there are plenty others out there.

Warne
    Third Eye Tactical
    Nightforce (Website down so can't get link for you)
    EGW

You really want to be getting the best you can for the rail and mounts.

I have an EGW rail and Nightforce mounts on my FTR rig

DSC01568.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I use two different rails. One is a 20 MOA Nightforce rail from Nightforce themselves. I bought it with the scope as i thought the best person to buy from for a NF scope would be Nightforce.

For my second scope i went with NEARmfg rail. They are second to none for quality, and each rail is individually inspected, and guaranteed. They run around the €160+ ($200+ Canadian) including shipping, but are truely worth it. Never suffered from it loosening, and alignment to the receiver is perfect.

If this seems a bit rich, as the NF & NEAR rail are roughly the same price you could look at;
    • Ken Farrell
    • Third eye tactical
    • Warne
    • EGW

picture.php?albumid=2218&pictureid=13698

picture.php?albumid=2218&pictureid=13705
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Thanks lads as always ye are very very helpful
    i to will be looking at bipods next fisma..
    But for the moment want to get scope up and going..
    Near seem to be good value
    thanks again
    ruger1894c

Advertisement