Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that drive you insane

• 18-08-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have noticed this in a few shops where they have a deli, serve food etc. But here is just one example, went into a small local shop where they have a deli but only one person to serve both as it is quiet so they can go between, with a friend and they order first, woman puts on the gloves, health and safety and all that, goes over to the till to take for the food all while wearing the gloves, touches the buttons on the till, takes the money while wearing them, and then ****ing dingus comes back and looks at me waiting to take my order all while I have been watching this play out with look of disgust on my face, I say I have changed my mind and move out of the way, she then prepares the order for the next customer behind me all while wearing the same gloves.

I understand that it must be difficult to run both the deli and the till at the same time but this is just a disgusting practice, everyone must know at this stage that money is one of the most filthy, germ ridden stuff that we touch on a daily basis. And this wasn't a once off I have seen her do this on a number of occasions. Seriously how long does it take to throw on a new pair of gloves.

This is just one of those things that really pisses me righty off:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

locked up in a padded cell 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

People who sign their username after they make a post. Drives me mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

When the TV is so loud in the room next door and you're trying to sleep but you can hear the muffled noises from it through the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Waiting on the peasant wagon for anymore than 5 minutes.

People contradicting me when I know I'm right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Stupid threads on after hours drive me nuts:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

On the topic of deli counters ....

I get driven demented with rage when upon opening my spicy chicken roll with mayo and cheese, only to find bits of ****ing lettuce, red cabbage and onion spread throughout the mayo. Centra are whooores for this.

Pure dense and lazy deli attendants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jellygems

****e drivers drive me insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

People who drive at 60-80km on straight roads when the speed limit is 100km/ph.

They're OK. I don't mind them, because they're easy to overtake.

What drives me insane however, is the fuckwits who tailgate them with no intention of overtaking and leaving you no space in between to take each car one-by-one, which means that you either have to overtake everything in front of you in one go, or sit behind them and drive at a snail's pace for the rest of your journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

People being dramaqueens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

When your waiting at the till in Aldi and there is one teller letting the queue grow and grow. You finally get to the belt and ready to place your goods on it when another till opens with a cry of "Next over here please"
    Although you are ahead of others all those behind rush over and take there place.
    There you are last in two queues then.:mad:
    Really gets my goat up so much that when its my turn and the teller is half way through the messages and asks "Cash or Laser" I reply "I dont know yet until I see the total":cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ice-cream vans going around at nine at night, sounding off their sometimes too loud music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Waiting on the peasant wagon for anymore than 5 minutes.

People contradicting me when I know I'm right!

your not in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

People in general drive me insane. Sometimes i think humanitys extinction would be for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

People who drive half in/half out of the hard shoulder while driving at the limit or over.

People who indicate only as they start the turn.

People who basically brake to a standstill before going around every corner.

People who drive too fast and bully others out of the way.

People who drive to slow and bully others by holding them up.

Having to file a flight-plan for a VFR flight.

People in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Coke and vodka redbull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I work in a call centre for one of the big service providers.

It drives me mental when people don't pay their bill for 3 or 4 months, and then ring up and eat the face of ME for 20minutes because their services are cut off. "How DARE you cut my services off, don't you know I will quite literally die if I have to do without my broadband for more than 5minutes?". Have a bit of responsibility and PAY YOUR FCUKING BILLS THEN!!!

Fair enough, if you are having financial difficulties, explain the situation and I'll be genuinely sympathetic.

Bear this in mind all ye people who scream at call centre workers.... Most of us are on minimum wage, and you screaming down the line because YOU never paid your bill causes a little bit more of our soul to be chipped away every time it happens:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Screaming crying babies and little children.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

-

Common people drive me insane.

I took my wife to the Paddy's Day parade
    this year and they were fkucking everywhere.

I actually had a panic attack and had to
    escape to the nearest side street to watch
    the rest of the parade.

If I go to town, they're everywhere too. Sidewalks,
    banks, bars, in cars.....there's no exscape.

I'm God's only man.

:(

-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    People who drive half in/half out of the hard shoulder while driving at the limit or over.

People who indicate only as they start the turn.

People who basically brake to a standstill before going around every corner.

People who drive too fast and bully others out of the way.

People who drive to slow and bully others by holding them up.

Having to file a flight-plan for a VFR flight..... ooohhh la de dah a flight plan.

People in general.

People who start most of their sentences with the same word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Double standards, it's the one ghost basically guaranteed to send me into a fit of sputtering rage, sarcasm, hatred and hostility.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Women (its always women) who stand with their hands hanging whilst the check out person scans their items & then take FOREVER to find purse, pay. Then they figure out that they have to get a bag for said items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

GAA
    Bogmen
    Guinness farts
    Breakfast roll people
    Bad drivers
    Everyone's weather obsession
    People who say "schpuds" "buhhur" "tay" etc.
    Westlife
    The Script
    Richie Kavanagh
    Gay Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bear this in mind all ye people who scream at call centre workers.... Most of us are on minimum wage, and you screaming down the line because YOU never paid your bill causes a little bit more of our soul to be chipped away every time it happens:(

I've worked in my fair share and I've hated people who just call to have a rant. there are some that do it on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

When walking along a path and you are alone, and there are two or more people approaching, walking side by side and they don't move an inch to let you pass - you have to navigate around them, two or more of them.
    Often having to suddenly 'change lanes' as it were and veer over to the 'hard shoulder' (the kerb or the road itself) or in to another innocent person who you then have to swerve to avoid :mad:

To counteract this I often barge right through them, especially when they see me from a distance, acknowledge that I am coming towards, yet they stand firm thinking '**** her!' (I know they do!) 'she'll move!'.
    The looks I then get! The absolute cheek of me for not clearing a path for you and all of your dawdling companions!
    LONDON people, LONDON! You wouldn't last two minutes!

And then there's the deliberately oblivious rétards who pounce out of doorways and walk straight in to your path without looking.
    It's other women mostly and buggy/trolley rollers.

Clumsy and ignorant walkers. I fúcking hate them with all my being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

People

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Baby on Board signs... fu`ck off........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Dublin scumbags, at least Limerick scumbags have a bit of character to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Fashion critics/correspondants/designers/stylists. Yeah ye have a sh*t taste in clothes and 95% of the time it looks like a wheelbarrow dressed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Fashion critics/correspondants/designers/stylists. Yeah ye have a sh*t taste in clothes and 95% of the time it looks like a wheelbarrow dressed you.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i ****ing hate fashion people too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

csi vegas wrote: »
    When walking along a path and you are alone, and there are two or more people approaching, walking side by side and they don't move an inch to let you pass - you have to navigate around them, two or more of them.
    Often having to suddenly 'change lanes' as it were and veer over to the 'hard shoulder' (the kerb or the road itself) or in to another innocent person who you then have to swerve to avoid :mad:

To counteract this I often barge right through them, especially when they see me from a distance, acknowledge that I am coming towards, yet they stand firm thinking '**** her!' (I know they do!) 'she'll move!'.
    The looks I then get! The absolute cheek of me for not clearing a path for you and all of your dawdling companions!
    LONDON people, LONDON! You wouldn't last two minutes!

And then there's the deliberately oblivious rétards who pounce out of doorways and walk straight in to your path without looking.
    It's other women mostly and buggy/trolley rollers.

Clumsy and ignorant walkers. I fúcking hate them with all my being.

-

Sometimes, for kicks, I'll just stop walking and
    they have to give way. Some people look shocked
    that they've had to walk around me, others actually
    apologise and give way.

I have this theory that attractive women are the worst,
    as maybe they're used to people jumping out of their way...

...so I target them in particular.

:D

-

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Those people that ALWAYS talk overly loud and look around to see if anyone is listening to their riveting conversation about how drunk they got last night or what you got up to :mad:

I could strangle people like that:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Cork City's traffic lights, Grrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

People talking about first world problems as if they're important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

-People who can't stand the noise of children crying. I just moved back home from America with my wife and two kids, people over there generally didn't give a **** about children crying or screaming. Over here? You get every head turning around having a good old look and stares at you, as if you're abusing your child or something. "Ahhh, what's wrong with the baba, I bet it's hungry..." No, we just fed our "baba" before we left the house, the "baba" actually has a serious case of being a fcuking "baba", and "babas" sometime cry for no reason. It's a child crying, not nails on a chalkboard.

-People who say "baba" instead of "baby".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

CavanCrew wrote: »
    Baby on Board signs... fu`ck off........
    I saw a woman last week who had a piece of a cardboard box sellotaped to her back window and she scribbled "baby on board" on it in black marker!
    Seriously who gives a fúck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Temaz wrote: »
    People who sign their username after they make a post. Drives me mental.

Same, so annoying! :mad:

cgal093

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Posters who pointlessly quote long posts from earlier in thread. It is quite annoying having to scroll through the same text again to get to the new post itself (especially annoying on smart phones) :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Confab wrote: »
    People talking about first world problems as if they're important.
    I hate it when people think that a problem has to be non "first-world" to be genuinely bothersome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

People who don't stand to one side when going up an escalator. Irish people are the worst for this I find as well!!

But whats even worse are the people who get to the top of the escalator and then stop to look around where they're going, after they have taken just one step off it while people are coming up behind them.... UGH move out of the way and figure it out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Dean09 wrote: »
    I saw a woman last week who had a piece of a cardboard box sellotaped to her back window and she scribbled "baby on board" on it in black marker!
    Seriously who gives a fúck!

Haha Recessionary times, they have no purpose at all, & are insulting as fu;ck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

*Deep Breath*

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time....I know where my watch is pal, where the **** is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". f**king right! What good is a cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the **** would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No tosser, I paid 10 quid to come to the cinema and stare at the f**king floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Didn't really give me a choice there, did you sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.

8. When people say "life is short". What the ****?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?â€. If the bus came would I be standing here, Knobhead?

10. People who say things like 'My eyes aren't what they used to be'. So what did they used to be? Ears, Wellington boots?

11. When you're eating something and someone asks 'Is that nice?' No it's really revolting - I always eat stuff I hate.

12. People who announce they are going to the toilet. Thanks that's an image I really didn't need.

13. McDonalds staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you are ordering..... It's has to be a McChicken Burger, just a Chicken Burger gets blank looks. Well I'll have a McStraw and jam it in your McEyes you f**king McTosser.

14. When your involved in an accident and someone asks 'are you alright?' Yes fine thanks, I'll just pick up my limbs and be off

*Exhales*

Oh and old stupid biddys who stop and have a conversation right at the door of a super market. They then give dirty scowls at people who try to get passed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

When you lose the string bit on your pants so you can't tighten them a bit because it only ends up coming out of one hole instead of both.

I've yet to find a solution to this problem :(

1ZRed wrote: »
    When you lose the string bit on your pants so you can't tighten them a bit because it only ends up coming out of one hole instead of both.

Buy a new pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Women drivers who drive big mpv's or X5 bmws. Learn to drive one first love before you put it on the road. Trying to get it into a space is hillarious. Its a 3 point turn dear, not a 34587439 point turn!

They usually have sunglasses on their tanned wrinkley heads to keep their blonde locks off their faces.

And oh, btw... your a 45 year old not a 25 year old. Stop acting like one.

Snobby cnuts.

Drives me fukin mental. I wish I could get a baseball bat and blow in every window in the gowls of jeeps and get them to sit on a manky bus for the journey home with their perfect sons, Harry and Arthur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Pull the whole string out. Attach a safety pin to one end of the string and feed it back in through the hole of the pants. When the safety pin comes out the other hole, remove it. Ta da!

It will take a bit of time but it should work.

Make sure the safety pin will fit in and out of the hole before you start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

fcuking ***** drve me insane

fcuking ***** drve me insane

Totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Tie a knot near the end of the string so it wont fit through the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

The person responsible for the voice over on the adds for the Kildare Village. their dam fake SJP New York accent drives me mad,

and of course the sound of George Hook irritates me

• Advertisement
Advertisement