Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that drive you insane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Militant atheists using terms like 'sky fairy' or 'invisible friend in the sky'. It comes across all wrong, pseudo intellectuals who've broken free from their perceived chains and availed of free third level education. They revel in their new found smugness and 'enlightenment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

If there is one thing I hate so much, it's the stupid idea of these pictures you always see in the likes of Image magazine and the Evening Herald showing a bunch of nobodies at a certain launch of a product or drink sponsored 'BIG event'
    You know what I'm talking about. You usually find them on the 'celebrity gossip page' which is written by some half wit who claims to be a pal to all the stars and can get all the gossip. Of course, this gob**te is also a nobody and most of the **** they write is made up. Anyway, the pictures I'm talking about usually consist of a 'Deirdre McLuonary and Seamus Macari Dockerti' at some poxy party held in the Merrion Hotel. Nobody you know has been invited and of course wouldn't go if they were anyway. Apart from the fools in the picture, nobody cares. You just get the impression when you see this s**t, is that they are trying to say 'Hey look where we were last night!'. We don't give a feck.

I think the fact that countries like Poland having a Nazi Party says it all about how stupid people can be. There are no excuses for these complete idiots.

This is the flag of the National Rebirth of Poland (pol.Narodowe Odrodzenie Polski), with the "armed arm".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

In no particular order............

1)Toddlers in tuxedos

2) People who hock/spit on the street

3)Men who wear pink

TV3
    Idiots who try to bring football style rivalries into provincial rugby.
    Handing in a €20 note in a store and being asked by the assistant "do you have anything smaller?"
    Fools who buy popcorn and 2 liter jugs of coke at music gig in the o2.
    Fr Fran Sheehy. The priest who shook the hands of a convicted rapist in Kerry in December 09.
    Anybody who baulks at you when you don't like movies like the 'Dark Knight' or 'The Three of Life'.
    Football players.
    People who still think Skodas are crap cars.
    A smoked cod fried about 5 times before you get it.
    Gossip magazines like 'Closer'.
    Michelle Heaton. Utter nobody who turned up for a talentless show and never left.
    Irish who 'hate' the English but have HP sauce in their kitchen.
    The fool that would wear this.
    The Sunday World and the Evening Herald.
    The public sector workers who were caught in the North shopping when they were supposed to be on strike in November 09; unforgivable.
    Daniel McCormack; the scumbag who got compensation for being run over while trying to rob a house.
    Southside Housewives and Tallafornia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Babies NEED to cry and scream, and if my child needs to do it out in public, he/she is going to, and I dare anyone to say or do something about it.

It's gas the way you tell people to "mind their own business" and yet at the same time feel it's your God-given right to allow your child to scream his/her head off and annoy the sh*t out of everyone else.
    Mind your own fcuking business.

Unfortunately it is my business when I can't enjoy a meal or a drink because someone's baby is screeching at the top of its lungs or someone's toddler is running around the pub or restaurant. I personally couldn't give a sh*t if your child "needs to cry" or your toddler "needs to play". They can bloody do that at home. If I'm on a bus and have a child roaring in my ear that also becomes "my business". The world doesn't revolve around people with small children, believe it or not; and people with babies don't have any more entitlement to public space than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

Why? What would you do?
    Depends on want they said or did.
    FTA69 wrote:
    It's gas the way you tell people to "mind their own business" and yet at the
    same time feel it's your God-given right to allow your child to scream his/her
    head off and annoy the sh*t out of everyone else.
    It's gas the way people can't mind their own business. I don't feel it's a god-given right, as I don't believe in any god. I do believe it's a human right to raise my child the way I want.
    FTA69 wrote:
    Unfortunately it is my business when I can't enjoy a meal or a drink because
    someone's baby is screeching at the top of its lungs or someone's toddler is
    running around the pub or restaurant.
    If it's your business, do something about it. Now, what exactly are you going to do?
    FTA69 wrote:
    I personally couldn't give a sh*t if your child "needs to cry"
    Yup, and my baby doesn't give a sh*t if his crying hurts your ears.
    FTA69 wrote:
    your toddler "needs to play". They can bloody do that at home.
    My child has Apraxia, my brother has Autism. Other children have other problems. What do you suggest, lock them up in the house all day? It's not about needing to play. They react differently to different social situations, I don't know how they're going to react until they're in those situations. Sometimes my son needs to throw a tantrum and scream because he's non-verbal, it might be only for a minute, and then he's fine, or it might be for 20 minutes, but I'm not going to stop what we're currently doing (shopping, eating, etc.) for the pleasure of others. That is not what is medically recommended by his doctor and therapist, so I'm going to listen to them, rather than some stranger on an internet forum.
    FTA69 wrote:
    If I'm on a bus and have a child roaring in my ear that also becomes "my business".
    What exactly should I do with my child with Apraxia in the middle of a bus ride, Dr. FTA69?
    FTA69 wrote:
    The world doesn't revolve around people with small children, believe it or not;
    and people with babies don't have any more entitlement to public space than
    anyone else.
    Exactly, everyone's equal, my children have a right to do normal human things, that includes crying and screaming, it's not against any law, even if the noise does hurt your sensitve ears. Autism, Apraxia, etc., they're children out in public with these issues, if YOU don't want to be around them, maybe YOU should stay at home and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emerald1

I agree with the arguments about the crying babies. I understand that sometimes no matter what you do, a child just won't stop crying, but what annoys me is the parents who refuse to so anything when their child starts crying and just ignore it. Many times I've seen parents strolling around shops with screaming children in buggies, pretending they don't exist. Or worse, the parents who scream "shut up!" at children, which obviously doesn't work, and adds to the embarrassment of the scene. Or worse again, the ones who thump their children when they start crying... Unbelievable.

If a child starts crying in a shop or other public place and won't stop crying no matter what, the parents should drop tools and leave the shop until the child calms down. My mother did it with me, and I'm glad she did. I'd hate to think I caused annoyance to the other people in the shop with my wailing! But I get that if you're on a bus or other public transport, that's not feasable.

But of course, if certain children have special needs, and start crying or screaming because of that, it's a different situation altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Militant atheists using terms like 'sky fairy' or 'invisible friend in the sky'. It comes across all wrong, pseudo intellectuals who've broken free from their perceived chains and availed of free third level education. They revel in their new found smugness and 'enlightenment'.

I can't stand people who use the term militant atheist. From what I've noticed, just stating that you do not believe in a God, or simply admitting that you find religion to be illogical appears to be enough to denote accusations of militant atheism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

People who come onto discussion forums and call people a troll if they make an alternative argument!

Noisy f**kers in cinemas!

Neighbours who let their dogs bark constant all night!

Drivers! Just every single Irish driver! Hopeless!

People who don't say hello when you say it to them! Ignorant cnuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

ukonline wrote: »
    -

Sometimes, for kicks, I'll just stop walking and
    they have to give way. Some people look shocked
    that they've had to walk around me, others actually
    apologise and give way.

I have this theory that attractive women are the worst,
    as maybe they're used to people jumping out of their way...

...so I target them in particular.

:D

-
    i do the same thing, because by stopping dead in your tracks it forces them to move, whereas they wouldn't move for you if you kept on walking. stoopid path blockers in groups of three of four: urg

It's gas the way people can't mind their own business. I don't feel it's a god-given right, as I don't believe in any god. I do believe it's a human right to raise my child the way I want.

As I said when your child is making a disturbance it automatically becomes someone else's business. You don't live in a bubble. When your child is screaming and shouting that impacts on other people's use of public space, whether it be a gallery or a restaurant or a pub etc.
    If it's your business, do something about it. Now, what exactly are you going to do?

I work in a pub and frequently have families in during the day. Sometimes I have to deal with kids running around the pub playing (as kids tend to do) or a child screaming crying at the top of his/her lungs. I politely notify the given family that this behaviour isn't exactly beneficial for business in a pub/restaurant environment. I don't act a pr*ck about it, but at the end of the day someone with a child doesn't have an inherent right to infringe themselves on everyone else in a pub or restaurant etc. Sometimes the family accept this and rein in their toddlers, if a baby is crying it is simply good manners to remove the child until he or she has calmed down. Other times I get the patronising "do you have kids?" nonsense. At the end of the day some parents have better manners than others.

Again, you lambast others for politely doting on your crying baby in the name of "mind their own business" but then couldn't give a sh*t if you're disturbing everyone else by not regulating your child's behaviour. It's exactly the sort of selfish and anti-social attitude I alluded to earlier on.

My child has Apraxia, my brother has Autism. Other children have other problems. What do you suggest, lock them up in the house all day? It's not about needing to play. They react differently to different social situations, I don't know how they're going to react until they're in those situations. Sometimes my son needs to throw a tantrum and scream because he's non-verbal, it might be only for a minute, and then he's fine, or it might be for 20 minutes, but I'm not going to stop what we're currently doing (shopping, eating, etc.) for the pleasure of others. That is not what is medically recommended by his doctor and therapist, so I'm going to listen to them, rather than some stranger on an internet forum.

Medically recommended my ass. I get plenty of customers in with children with special needs, including one Cork couple with a teenage son with severe autism. They bring him to the pub but when he starts to kick off they either bring him outside or they go home. They do this because they have some semblance of social skills and don't want to p*ss off literally everyone else in the pub. They don't sit there with a distressed youngster who is screaming and throwing things while glaring at everyone who happens to look over to see what the racket's about.
    Exactly, everyone's equal, my children have a right to do normal human things, that includes crying and screaming, it's not against any law, even if the noise does hurt your sensitve ears.

A lot of things aren't against the law. Blaring music at 4am isn't exactly a police matter either, neither is cutting the grass at dawn on a Sunday morning or smoking in a busy bus shelter or leaving a barking dog outside all day. They are however a nuisance to most people and common sense and general manners indicate you don't do these things. Similarly if your child starts screaming and roaring inside in Dunnes you remove your child until they've calmed down. You don't brass it out and get aggressive with people who are understandably aggrieved.

I think it's fairly clear from your posts you don't give a f*ck about anyone outside of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

You obviously didn't pay much attention in CSPE class in school. With human rights come human responsibilities, and one of the most fundamental is that, while enjoying your own rights you don't infringe on those of others as much as possible. As others have said, you don't live in a bubble and a modicum of consideration for others is what keeps society ticking over without descending into complete anarchy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

What exactly should I do with my child with Apraxia in the middle of a bus ride, Dr. FTA69?

Exactly, everyone's equal, my children have a right to do normal human things, that includes crying and screaming, it's not against any law, even if the noise does hurt your sensitve ears. Autism, Apraxia, etc., they're children out in public with these issues, if YOU don't want to be around them, maybe YOU should stay at home and play.

The poster is also allowed to say he finds it annoying

Me too - some kids are dreadfully spoilled loud brats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Why? What would you do?
    FTA69 wrote:
    It's gas the way you tell people to "mind their own business" and yet at the
    same time feel it's your God-given right to allow your child to scream his/her
    head off and annoy the sh*t out of everyone else.
    FTA69 wrote:
    Unfortunately it is my business when I can't enjoy a meal or a drink because
    someone's baby is screeching at the top of its lungs or someone's toddler is
    running around the pub or restaurant.
    FTA69 wrote:
    I personally couldn't give a sh*t if your child "needs to cry"
    FTA69 wrote:
    your toddler "needs to play". They can bloody do that at home.
    FTA69 wrote:
    If I'm on a bus and have a child roaring in my ear that also becomes "my business".
    FTA69 wrote:
    The world doesn't revolve around people with small children, believe it or not;
    and people with babies don't have any more entitlement to public space than
    anyone else.

You sound too selfish and immature to be a parent.

FTA69 wrote:
    As I said when your child is making a disturbance it automatically becomes someone else's business. You don't live in a bubble. When your child is screaming and shouting that impacts on other people's use of public space, whether it be a gallery or a restaurant or a pub etc.

I work in a pub and frequently have families in during the day. Sometimes I have to deal with kids running around the pub playing (as kids tend to do) or a child screaming crying at the top of his/her lungs. I politely notify the given family that this behaviour isn't exactly beneficial for business in a pub/restaurant environment. I don't act a pr*ck about it, but at the end of the day someone with a child doesn't have an inherent right to infringe themselves on everyone else in a pub or restaurant etc. Sometimes the family accept this and rein in their toddlers, if a baby is crying it is simply good manners to remove the child until he or she has calmed down. Other times I get the patronising "do you have kids?" nonsense. At the end of the day some parents have better manners than others.

Again, you lambast others for politely doting on your crying baby in the name of "mind their own business" but then couldn't give a sh*t if you're disturbing everyone else by not regulating your child's behaviour. It's exactly the sort of selfish and anti-social attitude I alluded to earlier on.

Medically recommended my ass. I get plenty of customers in with children with special needs, including one Cork couple with a teenage son with severe autism. They bring him to the pub but when he starts to kick off they either bring him outside or they go home. They do this because they have some semblance of social skills and don't want to p*ss off literally everyone else in the pub. They don't sit there with a distressed youngster who is screaming and throwing things while glaring at everyone who happens to look over to see what the racket's about.

A lot of things aren't against the law. Blaring music at 4am isn't exactly a police matter either, neither is cutting the grass at dawn on a Sunday morning or smoking in a busy bus shelter or leaving a barking dog outside all day. They are however a nuisance to most people and common sense and general manners indicate you don't do these things. Similarly if your child starts screaming and roaring inside in Dunnes you remove your child until they've calmed down. You don't brass it out and get aggressive with people who are understandably aggrieved.

I think it's fairly clear from your posts you don't give a f*ck about anyone outside of yourself.

Good luck to you, and to anyway you want to raise children you have, or will have in the future. I hope for you they don't have anything like Autism, as you seem unaware of how to deal with their behaviour. Just because one couple is willing to go along with the ridiculous requests of a pub that is uneducated on mental disabilities, doesn't mean other parents of Autistic children should have to. "Medically recommended my ass"? Yes, my child's (with Apraxia, not Autism) doctors and therapist did recommend that. If I take him out of the situation, (leave the store, or whatever), sometimes he will hurt himself like punching hard things, hurting his fingers, or hitting his head against things. Whereas, if I continue with the situation he gets over it, without hurting himself, and calms himself down. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old, I can't really leave a store when I'm buying baby food, nappies, etc., that the baby needs, because the 3 year old is screaming. Even if people are aggrieved.

I do care about other people, I sympathize with other parents in similar situations, and I hope, over time, the general Irish public, including pub employees, learn and accept these Autism, Apraxia, etc., issues with children, and not just suggest to get rid of that "noisy child", as that is not a solution. If I'm a horrible person because I can't control the noise of my child sometimes, then be it, I'm not trying to upset OR please strangers in Tesco or a pub, I'm just trying to be the best parent I can be.

Not really. I'd just have a bit of consideration for other people rather than thinking the world revolves around me because I happen to have a child. When I kicked off inside of a shopping centre as a toddler, I was taken by the hand and marched outside until I calmed down. I wasn't allowed to stand there annoying the sh*te out of everyone while my mother looked on proud as punch. That's what you call good parenting, not having this ridiculous sense of entitlement to monopolise every space you attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

when foreign people move to another country to live but dont make any attempt whatsoever to learn the language, australia is the worst place iv been for this, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

FTA69 wrote: »

Not really. I'd just have a bit of consideration for other people rather than thinking the world revolves around me because I happen to have a child. When I kicked off inside of a shopping centre as a toddler, I was taken by the hand and marched outside until I calmed down. I wasn't allowed to stand there annoying the sh*te out of everyone while my mother looked on proud as punch. That's what you call good parenting, not having this ridiculous sense of entitlement to monopolise every space you attend.

That wasn't to you mate

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Good luck to you, and to anyway you want to raise children you have, or will have in the future. I hope for you they don't have anything like Autism, as you seem unaware of how to deal with their behaviour. Just because one couple is willingly to go along with the ridiculous requests of a pub that is uneducated on mental disabilities, doesn't mean other parents of Autistic children should have to. "Medically recommended my ass"? Yes, my child's (with Apraxia, not Autism) doctors and therapist did recommend that. If I take him out of the situation, (leave the store, or whatever), sometimes he will hurt himself like punching hard things, hurting his fingers, or hitting his head against things. Whereas, if I continue with the situation he gets over it, without hurting himself, and calms himself down. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old, I can't really leave a store when I'm buying baby food, nappies, etc., that the baby needs, because the 3 year old is screaming. Even if people are aggrieved.

I do care about other people, I sympathize with other parents in similar situations, and I hope, over time, the general Irish public, including pub employees, learn and accept these Autism, Apraxia, etc., issues with children, and not just suggest to get rid of that "noisy child", as that is not a solution. If I'm a horrible person because I can't control the noise of my child sometimes, then be it, I'm not trying to upset OR please strangers in Tesco or a pub, I'm just trying to be the best parent I can be.

Yeh, I know, its bad form isn't it?

Best place for someone with mental disabilities, a pub

Parents should not have their mentally ill chilldren in a pub in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

vard wrote: »
    I can't stand people who use the term militant atheist. From what I've noticed, just stating that you do not believe in a God, or simply admitting that you find religion to be illogical appears to be enough to denote accusations of militant atheism.

Not so at all, there's certain creeps out there who get kicks out of deriding the religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

God... wrote: »
    People who don't stand to one side when going up an escalator. Irish people are the worst for this I find as well!!

But whats even worse are the people who get to the top of the escalator and then stop to look around where they're going, after they have taken just one step off it while people are coming up behind them.... UGH move out of the way and figure it out!!!!

Send them to London for two days, they'll cop the fcuk on then.

Good luck to you, and to anyway you want to raise children you have, or will have in the future. I hope for you they don't have anything like Autism, as you seem unaware of how to deal with their behaviour. Just because one couple is willingly to go along with the ridiculous requests of a pub that is uneducated on mental disabilities, doesn't mean other parents of Autistic children should have to.

It isn't a ridiculous request to be fair. At the end of the day when you have a small child (disabled or not) your life is going to change and you aren't going to be able to utilise social space in the same way you did before. Of course everyone has the right to attend a pub, but not everyone has the right to cause a massive disturbance, irregardless of the circumstances. If you have a child that's prone to destructive behaviour then the unfortunate reality is that you're going to have to put yourself out from time to time, and you're not going to be able to access certain situations all of the time.
    If I'm a horrible person because I can't control the noise of my child sometimes, then be it, I'm not trying to upset OR please strangers in Tesco or a pub, I'm just trying to be the best parent I can be.

Nobody said you're a horrible person. I just feel it selfish that you snap at everyone who may get disturbed by loud and destructive behaviour in a pub or wherever.

shockwave wrote: »
    Shop assistants who chat away to each other completely ignoring you as you stand there waiting to be served.

And where did that risible ****e chat "Are you all right?" come from? I always answer "Yes".

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

It is worth remembering that nobody enters life with a guarantee of fairness in the living of that life. So why do we expect to get it ?
    Seems to me that if we get fairness most of the time that that may well be the extent of our entitlemment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Pantsface wrote: »

Parents should not have their mentally ill chilldren in a pub in the first place!
    I disagree, of course mentally ill children & adults should be made welcome in any public space, restaurant or pub. The days of locking up children with mental illnesses are long gone, and we're all better off for that too. However, if the child is getting upset & causing an unpleasant situation for other users of the space, it's very easy & appropriate for the parents simply to remove him or her from that situation, as happened with FTA69's example in Cork. It is entirely the right thing to do.
    when foreign people move to another country to live but dont make any attempt whatsoever to learn the language, australia is the worst place iv been for this, very annoying.
    Really? The worst place I've been for it is anywhere English is not spoken. English speakers are probably the worst offenders in the world in this regard.

Pantsface wrote: »

Errah I wouldn't say that either like, people who raise children with disabilities have a hard time of it and they deserve a break as much as anyone else. It's when the child goes off on one and they sit back like there's nothing amiss is what drives me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I have noticed this in a few shops where they have a deli, serve food etc. But here is just one example, went into a small local shop where they have a deli but only one person to serve both as it is quiet so they can go between, with a friend and they order first, woman puts on the gloves, health and safety and all that, goes over to the till to take for the food all while wearing the gloves, touches the buttons on the till, takes the money while wearing them, and then ****ing dingus comes back and looks at me waiting to take my order all while I have been watching this play out with look of disgust on my face, I say I have changed my mind and move out of the way, she then prepares the order for the next customer behind me all while wearing the same gloves.

I understand that it must be difficult to run both the deli and the till at the same time but this is just a disgusting practice, everyone must know at this stage that money is one of the most filthy, germ ridden stuff that we touch on a daily basis. And this wasn't a once off I have seen her do this on a number of occasions. Seriously how long does it take to throw on a new pair of gloves.

This is just one of those things that really pisses me righty off:mad:

Do you wash your hands before eating after handing over the money? :confused:

Did you have Autism, Apraxia, or any mental disability?
    Pantsface wrote:

Best place for someone with mental
    disabilities, a pub

Parents should not have their mentally ill chilldren
    in a pub in the first place!
    If children are allowed in pubs, then ALL children are allowed there. Or do you discriminate? I don't take my child to pubs, but others do, that's part of Irish culture.

No. Doesn't change the reality of the situation though, namely that you're going to have to put yourself out from time to time. The disability is an irrelevance to be honest.
    If children are allowed in pubs, then ALL children are allowed there. Or do you discriminate? I don't take my child to pubs, but others do, that's part of Irish culture.

Of course I don't. At the same time though parents with disabled children don't have the right to monopolise a space entirely. Hence the Cork couple who come to my pub in London remove their son when he becomes too unruly.

• Advertisement

I agree pubs are somewhat different. Like I said, I personally, don't take my children to pubs. I was originally talking about stuff in public, like shopping.
    I just feel it selfish that you snap at everyone who may get disturbed by loud and destructive behaviour in a pub or wherever.
    I don't snap at everyone. If they will listen, I explain that he has Apraxia, and letting him cry for a minute or two, is the best thing for him. It's not like I'm letting him run around and destroy the shop or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Get him a helmet and put into bubble wrap, should solve the problem a bit. Too much angry staring at others might negatively effect your eyesight, who knows.

Get him a helmet and put into bubble wrap, should solve the problem a bit.
    Good idea, I'll let other parents of Autistic children know of this great suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

Really? The worst place I've been for it is anywhere English is not spoken. English speakers are probably the worst offenders in the world in this regard.[/QUOTE]

your probably right there, but in general its quiet ignorant to move to another country and not attempt to talk or learn their language,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Good idea, I'll let other parents of Autistic children know of this great suggestion.

I thought he had Apraxia? Now he also has autism? Brilliant

And increasingly, so it seems that the expectation that adults should make Sheldon's Koala Face when children are squalling in a public place.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly8932NNf11r9ejigo2_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Young Teenagers and their incessant over-use of the word "random." Random nights out with friends, randon songs and random days in school or wherever. It absolutely wrecks my head. This "random humour" that they think is hilarious when really it's just a desperate attempt to fit in or to come across as quirky. It's usually used by emo's and bloody hipsters and other useless people. It really is the most annoying thing ever :(

I thought he had Apraxia? Now he also has autism? Brilliant
    My son has Apraxia, my brother has Autism. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Boy racers, I genuinely hate these people.

Nal wrote: »
    *Deep Breath*

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time....I know where my watch is pal, where the **** is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". f**king right! What good is a cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the **** would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No tosser, I paid 10 quid to come to the cinema and stare at the f**king floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Didn't really give me a choice there, did you sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.

8. When people say "life is short". What the ****?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?â€. If the bus came would I be standing here, Knobhead?

10. People who say things like 'My eyes aren't what they used to be'. So what did they used to be? Ears, Wellington boots?

11. When you're eating something and someone asks 'Is that nice?' No it's really revolting - I always eat stuff I hate.

12. People who announce they are going to the toilet. Thanks that's an image I really didn't need.

13. McDonalds staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you are ordering..... It's has to be a McChicken Burger, just a Chicken Burger gets blank looks. Well I'll have a McStraw and jam it in your McEyes you f**king McTosser.

14. When your involved in an accident and someone asks 'are you alright?' Yes fine thanks, I'll just pick up my limbs and be off

*Exhales*

Blatant plagarism drives me mad...

http://www.owensworld.com/jokes/life/billy-connollys-14-things-i-hate-about-everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1ZRed wrote: »
    When you lose the string bit on your pants so you can't tighten them a bit because it only ends up coming out of one hole instead of both.

I've yet to find a solution to this problem :(
    Pull the string out. Sellotape one end of the string to the top of a pen or straightened out metal hanger or similar and push that through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do you wash your hands before eating after handing over the money? :confused:

Yes:confused:, if I am just picking something up and going home or somewhere with a sink I will wash up there if not I always keep hand sanitizer with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

-People who can't stand the noise of children crying. I just moved back home from America with my wife and two kids, people over there generally didn't give a **** about children crying or screaming. Over here? You get every head turning around having a good old look and stares at you, as if you're abusing your child or something. "Ahhh, what's wrong with the baba, I bet it's hungry..." No, we just fed our "baba" before we left the house, the "baba" actually has a serious case of being a fcuking "baba", and "babas" sometime cry for no reason. It's a child crying, not nails on a chalkboard.

-People who say "baba" instead of "baby".

why should other people have to put up with the fact that you have a cranky baby. its your job to keep it quiet and happy, literally nothing pisses me off more than a screaming baby/ toddler and the parents are just sitting there acting as if they cant hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

When your getting change of a note and coins, they put the coins on the note and it falls.

- People blowing cigarette smoke on the street - no consideration for others

We have to smoke out on the streets now. Where would you like us to blow our smoke? We do have to breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

csi vegas wrote: »
    When walking along a path and you are alone, and there are two or more people approaching, walking side by side and they don't move an inch to let you pass - you have to navigate around them, two or more of them.
    Often having to suddenly 'change lanes' as it were and veer over to the 'hard shoulder' (the kerb or the road itself) or in to another innocent person who you then have to swerve to avoid :mad:

To counteract this I often barge right through them, especially when they see me from a distance, acknowledge that I am coming towards, yet they stand firm thinking '**** her!' (I know they do!) 'she'll move!'.
    The looks I then get! The absolute cheek of me for not clearing a path for you and all of your dawdling companions!
    LONDON people, LONDON! You wouldn't last two minutes!

And then there's the deliberately oblivious rétards who pounce out of doorways and walk straight in to your path without looking.
    It's other women mostly and buggy/trolley rollers.

Clumsy and ignorant walkers. I fúcking hate them with all my being.

This. All of this. I live in downtow Toronto and it's very, very crowded here. Walking along the streets can be an absolutely maddening experience - particularly for someone like me who walks at a pretty fast pace. I'm constantly getting stuck behind lollygagging fuckheads who saunter along at a snail's pace. It really, really drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Nal wrote: »
    *Deep Breath*

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time....I know where my watch is pal, where the **** is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". f**king right! What good is a cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the **** would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No tosser, I paid 10 quid to come to the cinema and stare at the f**king floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Didn't really give me a choice there, did you sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.

8. When people say "life is short". What the ****?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?â€. If the bus came would I be standing here, Knobhead?

10. People who say things like 'My eyes aren't what they used to be'. So what did they used to be? Ears, Wellington boots?

11. When you're eating something and someone asks 'Is that nice?' No it's really revolting - I always eat stuff I hate.

12. People who announce they are going to the toilet. Thanks that's an image I really didn't need.

13. McDonalds staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you are ordering..... It's has to be a McChicken Burger, just a Chicken Burger gets blank looks. Well I'll have a McStraw and jam it in your McEyes you f**king McTosser.

14. When your involved in an accident and someone asks 'are you alright?' Yes fine thanks, I'll just pick up my limbs and be off

*Exhales*

Bahahahaha got some laugh out of this post. Well said "Mc-Nal"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Oh, the change thing is a good one. I hand money to a till operator and they put my change on the counter. Infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

We have to smoke out on the streets now. Where would you like us to blow our smoke? We do have to breathe.

but you dont have to smoke. and the rest of us shouldnt be subjected to second hand smoke just because you're on a mission to lose a lung!

• Advertisement

xylophones wrote: »
    but you dont have to smoke. and the rest of us shouldnt be subjected to second hand smoke just because you're on a mission to lose a lung!

The fact of the matter is that, now that I've started, I do have to smoke. And I don't subject anyone to it. If you see me smoking outside a building, which I'm allowed to do, then just move. It's not my problem if you breathe in the smoke.
    I blow it up-ways anyway so the likelihood of it going anywhere near you is slim.

Advertisement