Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that drive you insane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

The fact of the matter is that, now that I've started, I do have to smoke. And I don't subject anyone to it. If you see me smoking outside a building, which I'm allowed to do, then just move. It's not my problem if you breathe in the smoke.
    I blow it up-ways anyway so the likelihood of it going anywhere near you is slim.

why should i move though? cant you move for the benefit of everyone else who values their health and just be a good person?
    what i hate most is just walking up grafton st. or the such and being subjected to a huge cloud of smoke as i pass someone, i then like to 'accidentally' bump into them, failing that, they get the evils :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

xylophones wrote: »
    why should i move though? cant you move for the benefit of everyone else who values their health and just be a good person?
    what i hate most is just walking up grafton st. or the such and being subjected to a huge cloud of smoke as i pass someone, i then like to 'accidentally' bump into them, failing that, they get the evils :D

But sure with the wind and everything else it's nearly impossible to ensure that it doesn't get blown over to someone else :o

But sure with the wind and everything else it's nearly impossible to ensure that it doesn't get blown over to someone else :o
    true, but you can do your best to make sure it doesn't affect others with your help, if it happens accidentally, well that's not your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Insanity :D It drives me nuts :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

csi vegas wrote: »
    When walking along a path and you are alone, and there are two or more people approaching, walking side by side and they don't move an inch to let you pass - you have to navigate around them, two or more of them.
    Often having to suddenly 'change lanes' as it were and veer over to the 'hard shoulder' (the kerb or the road itself) or in to another innocent person who you then have to swerve to avoid :mad:

To counteract this I often barge right through them, especially when they see me from a distance, acknowledge that I am coming towards, yet they stand firm thinking '**** her!' (I know they do!) 'she'll move!'.
    The looks I then get! The absolute cheek of me for not clearing a path for you and all of your dawdling companions!
    LONDON people, LONDON! You wouldn't last two minutes!

And then there's the deliberately oblivious rétards who pounce out of doorways and walk straight in to your path without looking.
    It's other women mostly and buggy/trolley rollers.

Clumsy and ignorant walkers. I fúcking hate them with all my being.

Se as this, but on the road and involving 2 cyclist side by side on back country roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

Pantsface wrote: »
    Women (its always women) who stand with their hands hanging whilst the check out person scans their items & then take FOREVER to find purse, pay. Then they figure out that they have to get a bag for said items.

Even worse after spending ages looking for the purse they realise its in the car and have to run out and get it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

It's gas the way people can't mind their own business. I don't feel it's a god-given right, as I don't believe in any god. I do believe it's a human right to raise my child the way I want.

People who talk about their "rights" with no word about their responsibilities.

If I was in a shop and started screaming and roaring I'd be asked to leave. Why is it different that a parent shouldn't be? Both are causing a disturbance, and the parent is responsible for the child.

BTW I agree it's also annoying on transport but understand very little can be done other than try placate them. But don't sneer at me if I get pissed off at your child screaming in the shop/restaurant/pub and you do nothing about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Parents who think "you dont understand". I might not have children but I used to be one and I have seen them to have a good idea what they involve. Also the special snowflakes, yes it is possible that it isnt someone elses fault and your child was being a tool.

Companies that have to have a certain percentage of women and men. It tends to just be there must be a min percent for women. If there are 7 jobs and the 7 best that applied are 6 men and 1 woman then the best should get it, not screwing over 2 of the men and giving the jobs to people that weren't great but they needed a woman.

Cars that boy racers own and sound like some sort of high power car. It's a hatchback from the 90s, you arent going to need the downforce provided by the spoiler.

People that think "because it's in the bible (or any religious text)" is a reason against legalising something. It's your religion, if they arent a member then they dont have to follow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

People who make noises when they are eating.
    Slow walkers.
    People who stand chatting in the middle of the footpath talking, taking up the whole thing, see you coming and don't move so you end up on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

but you dont have to smoke. and the rest of us shouldnt be subjected to second hand smoke just because you're on a mission to lose a lung!

Get over yourself. You're far too precious, live and let.

• Advertisement

Get over yourself. You're far too precious, live and let.

admittedly, alot of people would say im precious, but im also not killing myself everyday with cigarettes and to be honest i believe that gives me the right to be self reighteous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

admittedly, alot of people would say im precious, but im also not killing myself everyday with cigarettes and to be honest i believe that gives me the right to be self reighteous!

We're all dying every day believe it or not!

We're all dying every day believe it or not!

no need to speed up the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

People that use the term "boy racer" drive me insane.
    Cars that boy racers own and sound like some sort of high power car. It's a hatchback from the 90s, you arent going to need the downforce provided by the spoiler.

Right, so you can calculate the down force needed for a car to be stable on the road by looking at a car without knowing the power output of the car?

Impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

riding a tantastic southside UCD wench & spending the whole next day in the shower trying to cleanse myself from fake tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

srm23 wrote: »
    riding a tantastic southside UCD wench & spending the whole next day in the shower trying to cleanse myself from fake tan.

Genuine LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So you judge the smokers? :D

You've a right to sprout an opinion, that doesn't mean that everyone will agree with it.

So you judge the smokers? :D

You've a right to sprout an opinion, that doesn't mean that everyone will agree with it.

each and every day :D

The overweight girls are "real women" brigade :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

It drives me insane when women use prams to bulldoze their way through a group of people. :mad:

Luck-bag license holders.

Miserable people, etc, etc.

• Advertisement

People who say Santi instead of Santa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Overly Noisy eaters, a person sits near me in work who feels the need to chew raw carrots with his mouth open. You're not a horse, have some manners. And people who scrape their cutlery on a plate.

People with snotty noses who just sit there and sniff for hours on end. Blow you effing nose once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

People that bite and pick at their nails, and make that very distinctive "click" sound while doing it.

People that sniff the whole time..when they don't have a cold.

Teeth grinding is one that really frustrates me. I only know of one person that does it but she does it constantly and very very loudly while I'm working with her for 12 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Denise90 wrote: »
    People that bite and pick at their nails, and make that very distinctive "click" sound while doing it.

That's my hate sound number one!

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

kelty wrote: »
    Posters who pointlessly quote long posts from earlier in thread. It is quite annoying having to scroll through the same text again to get to the new post itself (especially annoying on smart phones) :mad:

People who bum and brag about having a smartphone.

Seriously no one cares. Everyone has one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Being hungry, having a useless family. not living in a city, friends' who don't respond to your texts, not having friends, loving someone who doesn't love you, life, humans, everything.

My life in one sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

people who complain about their flight. Shannon to New York in 6 hours, sitting on a chair in feckin sky while you watch movies and you complain?

also grammar nazis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

fkt wrote: »
    Being hungry, having a useless family. not living in a city, friends' who don't respond to your texts, not having friends, loving someone who doesn't love you, life, humans, everything.

My life in one sentence

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(People who (((((((((((hug)))))))))))) ) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who mawl food. Was at a wedding a few weeks back, the afters food comes out around 10.30 or so. Plates of sambos and cocktail sausages. The big farmers on our table, with their dirty hands like shovels have to pick up the sambos to see what's in them, then put them back when they decide which one they want. Disgusting, and id say they hadn't washed their hands all day, after multiple trips to the jax, after drinking smelly pints of Guinness.
    You can look at something without having to hold it, you muck savage. And also, chew with your mouth closed, you big ape.
    Had to move to a quieter table where the food hadn't been contaminated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

People who bite their nails - while talking to you. How the fúck am i supposed to know what you just said, and do you not realise how retarded you look trying to have a conversation and eating yourself at the same time. Fúcking knob ends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can't leave the office for lunch until the teammate comes back to relieve you

Where are ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

There's a steering wheel sticking out of the front of my trousers....

Drives me nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Mothers who obsess about what other people get/got in their Leaving Cert, what they are doing/did at college etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

PMS.

I am ready to KILL someone.

This is not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

PMS.

This is not funny.

It'll pass after a short period

• Advertisement

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    It'll pass after a short period

I may not get that far without being incarcerated though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

PMS.

This is not funny.
    OK, so you're a man who cannot be around your missus when she is PMS'ing, biting bits off the furniture and sticking your head through walls, but is there anything that drives you insane?

Personally I can't be around people who lack a sense of humour, or who can't take a joke.

mathepac wrote: »
    OK, so you're a man who cannot be around your missus when she is PMS'ing, biting bits off the furniture and sticking your head through walls, but is there anything that drives you insane?

Personally I can't be around people who lack a sense of humour, or who can't take a joke.

I am so confused.

I am so confused.
    Ahuh, confused, I hear you. Can you describe "confused" for me? What does it feel like for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

People who stand side by side on escalators and wait until it brings them to the top - leaving no room for me to pass...grrrr....you might not have to work but I do and my lunchbreak is short...since when did ye lose the run of your limbs!!

• Advertisement

... leaving no room for me to pass...grrrr....you might not have to work but I do and my lunchbreak is short...since when did ye lose the run of your limbs!!
    Hmmm, I'm sensing anger here with a sub-text of self-centeredness. Take a few deep breaths and try to release all that tension...and relax. Have you seen signs advising escalator users not to walk or run on them for safety reasons? Have a look the next and remember, turn that frown upside-down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

****ting in plastic bags, end up ****ting down the side of the bag instead of in it,tried it 3x and failed 3x. Last Xmas the water was stopped in my flat and had no water in the toilet, needed a **** so took a bag in with me to **** in it and throw it out the window -waste ground outside the bathroom window

anyway **** down the side of it and ended up all over the floor and on the bath mat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

****ting in plastic bags, end up ****ting down the side of the bag instead of in it,tried it 3x and failed 3x. Last Xmas the water was stopped in my flat and had no water in the toilet, needed a **** so took a bag in with me to **** in it and throw it out the window -waste ground outside the bathroom window

anyway **** down the side of it and ended up all over the floor and on the bath mat
    U mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

People who touch food on the table but don't bother to eat it i.e. the basket of bread and the likes.

a friend of mine constantly licks her fingers after she eats nibbles/crisps/peanuts etc. and then goes back in for more, i just can't eat after her.

tailgaters on the roads.....i'm not sure but there should be penalty points for it. It annoys me soo much. I constantly tap my breaks and some people just won't go in to another lane. I know i probably do a lot of things on the roads that annoy people but tailgating is lethal especially when your doin 110 kmph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Osborne wrote: »
    People that use the term "boy racer" drive me insane.

Right, so you can calculate the down force needed for a car to be stable on the road by looking at a car without knowing the power output of the car?

Impressive.

I doubt he can, but the manufacturers can, and don't feel the need to put a stupid tacky spoiler on the back of a hatchback. That's not the reason why the "yobs" put them on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

People who wouldn't give you the steam off their piss and if they did would ask for it back with interest

People who don't understand the use for indicators, they're not that hard to use

And other various things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Guinness farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mothers saying their little darling "graduated" from primary school or even play school.

Must be the everyone is a winner, everyone is special mentality

Also creches named Little Harvard, very pretentious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

"i only got 510 points on my leaving cert. I'm going to repeat it because i know i can do better"

:confused::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

People trying to return stuff without a reciept or box, and then roaring and screaming at you because they cant have things their way.

People who cant drive, cant understand road signs/hand signals/yield signs or yellow boxes.... they are there for a ****ing reason.

People who dont know what pedestrian crossings are.... Saw a guy nearly mow this couple over the other day, they were in the middle of the crossing, he chooses to ignore the stop sign and because the pedestrain slapped the bonnet of his car the driver gets out and attacks him.

People refusing to get out of the fast lane or people who cant see a climbing lane, even though there are big ass signs, its marked on the road with huge arrows and if that wasnt much of a give away the road markings which you can clearly see obviously just change from yellow to white for the ****ing laugh.

Taxi drivers... most are bellends. A taxi plate dosent give you the right to do whatever you want on the road.

But my number one pet hate... is tossers who take all day at the atm even though its raining and there 20 people behind them:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement