Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that drive you insane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

"i only got 510 points on my leaving cert. I'm going to repeat it because i know i can do better"

:confused::mad:

I know a guy who repeated his leaving 3 times because all he ever wanted to be was a vet. He missed out on it 3 times by like 5 or 10 points. Must have been soul destroying. He got it in the end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

People who just stop dead in front of you in narrow corridors and don't move.

F**king MOVE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lazy able bodied people who insist on parking in disabled parking spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some of you need to sign up for ranting and raving forum

You will be made welcome over there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

"i only got 510 points on my leaving cert. I'm going to repeat it because i know i can do better"

:confused::mad:
    what :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 The Dummy Runner

The guy doing voiceovers for RTE during the Olympics.

"There are 12 live streams, compatible with all devices, ..."

I want to hit him BAMM right in the nose.

And Marty Morrissey's "I'm a sexy GAA bachelor who wears fake tan" ego. Makes me want to puke.

Did anyone ever notice that Marty Morrissey looks like the mutant leader in Total Recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 The Dummy Runner

cassiedoll wrote: »
    People who touch food on the table but don't bother to eat it i.e. the basket of bread and the likes.

a friend of mine constantly licks her fingers after she eats nibbles/crisps/peanuts etc. and then goes back in for more, i just can't eat after her.

tailgaters on the roads.....i'm not sure but there should be penalty points for it. It annoys me soo much. I constantly tap my breaks and some people just won't go in to another lane. I know i probably do a lot of things on the roads that annoy people but tailgating is lethal especially when your doin 110 kmph

People like you annoy me! I dont tailgate but soembody "tapped" there breaks once on me while I was quite close as I had a tailgater on my ass. Nearly caused a pile up.
    The same driver continued to drive eratically for 20 miles. It was probably you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Jedward, and not the good kind of insane.

Oh and Craig Doyle too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

twinytwo wrote: »
    I know a guy who repeated his leaving 3 times because all he ever wanted to be was a vet. He missed out on it 3 times by like 5 or 10 points. Must have been soul destroying. He got it in the end though.

Why not cross the border where you can add up points from different years as long as they're from different subjects :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Why not cross the border where you can add up points from different years as long as they're from different subjects :)

are you suggesting this young man seduces another male in the dept of education/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

things that drive me insane?

Just saw report there on the news about nursing home in Galway neglecting its residents..

As someone who works in the care sector this makes me sick to the stomach how people can treat other humans like this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Chick flicks!

They always start the same with the shy, clumsy, loveless girl who has insecurities, manages later to bump into an unrealisticaly good looking guy that would never be into the likes of her. To her disbelief, he shows interest and she realises that she is so deservining of him and everything in the world. They stay together forever as each other's soul mates and all ends with a happy ending.

Every single one follows that formula but women still go mad for it! Why? :confused:

I wanted to watch Drive or Shutter Island the last day, but no I ended up being stuck watching Morning Glory.
    Most women need a crash course in good movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

cassiedoll wrote: »
    People who touch food on the table but don't bother to eat it i.e. the basket of bread and the likes.

a friend of mine constantly licks her fingers after she eats nibbles/crisps/peanuts etc. and then goes back in for more, i just can't eat after her.

tailgaters on the roads.....i'm not sure but there should be penalty points for it. It annoys me soo much. I constantly tap my breaks and some people just won't go in to another lane. I know i probably do a lot of things on the roads that annoy people but tailgating is lethal especially when your doin 110 kmph

People like you annoy me! I dont tailgate but soembody "tapped" there breaks once on me while I was quite close as I had a tailgater on my ass. Nearly caused a pile up.
    The same driver continued to drive eratically for 20 miles. It was probably you.

So if im in a line of traffic on a motorway doin the speed limit and ur tailgating....traffic ahead is starting to slow or the speed limit changes. i brake to slow down and u hit me...yeah that makes me the wreckless driver :-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

General, closed minded, 'in the box' kinda conversation. Small talk, regurgitated gibberish.

Women.

why were you reacting to having a tailgater on you by tailgating someone else? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Amateurs who think there professional who are really **** and don't seem to understand that there is a standard....
    To which they fall o so very short of!

Nuff said :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

xylophones wrote: »
    what :eek:

A friend of mine sitting the leaving cert quoted this to me. He got 350 and was happy with that, until someone in his class said that. Point of my quote is there is no pleasing some people. His ego was so huge he couldnt handle getting "only 510 points".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

A friend of mine sitting the leaving cert quoted this to me. He got 350 and was happy with that, until someone in his class said that. Point of my quote is there is no pleasing some people. His ego was so huge he couldnt handle getting "only 510 points".

While I can understand how that would come across as arrogant, have you considered that for him 510 was a disappointing result? Yes, objectively it's a fantastic result, but if his course needed 560 points then he may as well as have got 350, since it won't get him what he wants. Whereas the guy who got 350 who gets his first choice is in a much better position despite lower grades. Stuff like that is all very personal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Snowie wrote: »
    Amateurs who think there professional who are really **** and don't seem to understand that there is a standard....
    To which they fall o so very short of!

Nuff said :pac:
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

people who are on the dole and make no effort to find work, so they just waste time doing fas course after fas course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Osborne wrote: »
    People that use the term "boy racer" drive me insane.

Right, so you can calculate the down force needed for a car to be stable on the road by looking at a car without knowing the power output of the car?

Impressive.

Not any car but I know enough about aerodynamics to understand there is no reason for it to be on cars such as cheap hatchbacks nearing the end of their lives. They think it looks cool for when they hang around at the secondary school students at lunch time despite having finished/left school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Humidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

-People who can't stand the noise of children crying. I just moved back home from America with my wife and two kids, people over there generally didn't give a **** about children crying or screaming. Over here? You get every head turning around having a good old look and stares at you, as if you're abusing your child or something. "Ahhh, what's wrong with the baba, I bet it's hungry..." No, we just fed our "baba" before we left the house, the "baba" actually has a serious case of being a fcuking "baba", and "babas" sometime cry for no reason. It's a child crying, not nails on a chalkboard.

-People who say "baba" instead of "baby".

Take you child and move somewhere outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

People in the Republic driving UK/Northern Irish registered cars.......customs have really got to get their ass in gear about tackling VRT fraud. I have had 4 cars which have all been originally from the UK and have cost €4,000 in total, just in VRT. If you can't afford the tax then don't buy the car or buy a lesser one at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Idiots driving in the over-taking lane below the speed limit.

preddy wrote: »
    Idiots driving in the over-taking lane below the speed limit.

Or even at the speed limit, or what they think is the speed limit

finish your overtaking then gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

CavanCrew wrote: »
    Baby on Board signs... fu`ck off........

The Irony of those signs is it's always those drivers who are either: awful drivers, speeding, on the phone or have their kids with no seatbelts running around in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

People who drain your energy by constantly moaning and making a major drama about every tiny detail of their lives. F*ck off like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

1ZRed wrote: »
    Chick flicks!

They always start the same with the shy, clumsy, loveless girl who has insecurities, manages later to bump into an unrealisticaly good looking guy that would never be into the likes of her. To her disbelief, he shows interest and she realises that she is so deservining of him and everything in the world. They stay together forever as each other's soul mates and all ends with a happy ending.

Every single one follows that formula but women still go mad for it! Why? :confused:

I wanted to watch Drive or Shutter Island the last day, but no I ended up being stuck watching Morning Glory.
    Most women need a crash course in good movies!

Dont forget the part that due to some misunderstanding she is about to leave forever so our valiant knight must race across town to catch her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Young Teenagers and their incessant over-use of the word "random." Random nights out with friends, randon songs and random days in school or wherever. It absolutely wrecks my head. This "random humour" that they think is hilarious when really it's just a desperate attempt to fit in or to come across as quirky. It's usually used by emo's and bloody hipsters and other useless people. It really is the most annoying thing ever :(

This!!!

And 'epic'. :mad: "I had such an epic night last night. I was hammered drunk."
    "The queue for the toilets was epic."
    "They had an epic row and she hit him. It was epic."

NO! Just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Fickle persons. For example one lady I worked with made a song and dance about becoming a vegetarian 3 years ago. It was all she could talk about at lunch, on her Facebook.. made out that it was a really tough commitment but that she was doing it for ethical reasons. We all gave her the kudos she wanted/expected and life went on. Well I just read her blog a few days ago and she's talking about how happy she is not to be constrained by her veggie chains anymore and is trying out loads of meat-based recipes.

Fair enough, people change their mind.. but don't make a big deal about these things to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

People coming into my room uninvited/unannounced
    People standing over my shoulder while I work/use the PC
    indecisiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The whole posh Dublin clique that's always on shows like Xpose and Midday and TV3 in general.

Drives me demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

barry711 wrote: »

People standing over your shoulder when you're reading the newspaper. Do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

people that say 'I seen' and 'I done', people getting grants that shouldn't be constantly complaining that they have no money when they have to buy a book or print credit, yet they can afford new clothes and going out 3 times a week, the phrase 'couldn't tell ya', people that talk at you instead of to you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

fat people on those motorized scooters - biggest shower of ****s I have ever come across.

will plough on through a crowd of people on the pavement without stopping, expecting everyone else to get out of their way.
    Then stop at mcdonalds and walk in to get 3 bigmacs with a diet coke. Lazy, pathetic excuses for people.

i know make a point of ignoring them & trying to block them, anything to piss them off. Hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

barry711 wrote: »
    People coming into my room uninvited/unannounced
    indecisiveness

This.

Organising a night out with my friends has to be the most annoying thing ever! No one wants to decide on where we go or what time and it drives me mental! I usually plan everything which means that it's always my fault if the night turns out shit :(
    Next time I'm not even going to be part of the planning. Someone else is doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

retalivity wrote: »
    fat people on those motorized scooters - biggest shower of ****s I have ever come across.

will plough on through a crowd of people on the pavement without stopping, expecting everyone else to get out of their way.
    Then stop at mcdonalds and walk in to get 3 bigmacs with a diet coke. Lazy, pathetic excuses for people.

i know make a point of ignoring them & trying to block them, anything to piss them off. Hate them.

Have you been to Orlando?

If not, don't, ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Noisy eaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Browsing DevArt for stock images only to find that the majority of the newest publications appear to be badly lit photographs of penises. Eww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Thing that really annoys me is a neighbour in my apartment block keeps putting in complaints about noise and other stuff saying we are having all night parties and have people screaming outside the gates. This is untrue and yes we have had friends over but very little and 1st complaint everyone was gone at 1230am into a party bus it was said they were here all night.

Really hate annoying neighbours now my 1st experience:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Evie87

People who drive about 90 km/hr in the fast/overtaking lane but there's a line of traffic in the slow lane going ever so slightly slower than your 90/hr driver in front of you. This, of course, only happens when you're in a rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Thing that really annoys me is a neighbour in my apartment block keeps putting in complaints about noise and other stuff saying we are having all night parties and have people screaming outside the gates. This is untrue and yes we have had friends over but very little and 1st complaint everyone was gone at 1230am into a party bus it was said they were here all night.

Really hate annoying neighbours now my 1st experience:mad:

Used to have a neighbour who'd call the guards any time we had a few people over for beers and stick on some music. We kept it fairly quiet as it was out of basic manners, but this guy would call as soon as he saw people coming towards the house

One summers evening we had around 7 or 8 people round for a barbecue, and the guards arrived at 9pm. On a Saturday too. Asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

1. Pretentious college students, they get on my wick, you know the kind where a guest speaker comes into college to do a talk and he takes questions from students. There is always one student in the room that must stand up and ask like a dozen or more questions one after the other using every word in his thesaurus without letting the speaker answer the first one or two questions so he doesn't end up leaving any answer out. While I am writing about students, I will also add dickhead poncey students (mostly from the Dublin area but they are spread out aswell) that have plenty of money for piss-ups on the weekends then moan for the rest of the week of money troubles. There is a small part of me that wants to see college fees rise just to sicken them.

2. Reality TV shows especially the celebrity ones, as I don't know who half of these faceless misfits are. For example that Frankie Cocozza guy. How does being on the X-Factor for 5 minutes make him a celebrity? I hate all these talent shows with a passion especially when I have to sit through them at home with family eating Sunday dinner as my damn parents watch it. It irritates me when the singer comes in at first and they might have an o.k voice and there is the few that don't and then the judges turn them down and they get all emotional and start bawling, which I really can't stand seeing.

3. Jedward

4. Katherine Lynch (she is as funny as an infected scrotum)

5. Dana trying to become President of Ireland, like come on!

6. Secondary school students queuing in any deli at lunch time and skip the queue. A lot of them have no manners or common courtesy.

7. Blokes on nights out that have to do shout with excitement when out on the town. You know the ones you see stretching out their arms and bellowing like an idiot outside a nightclub. Usually the type of guy that ends up in a paddy wagon by 2am.

8. Women that always seem to pick the muscle bound, half man, half brylcreem douchebags. It always ends in tears. Complain or correct me if you like, I am going by my experiences.

9. People that have to post arguments with friends as a status on Facebook, using unbelievable fowl language. People don't care about stupid disputes and will initiate me to click "unsubscribe" a fine feature might I add. I could remove these people but I try not to be cruel.

10. People that talk about giving up smoking and say "I’ve been trying to quit for 5 years now and I just can't do it"....these people need to grow up have some will power and they could do it. If you ask me €8.50+ should be motivation enough to quit in times like this. Feckin ridiculous money to be forking out every day. Then people try to weasel out of paying the €8+ by buying the "hooky" cigarettes that people smuggle over here that are full of carcinogenic ****e as most of these people complain of chest problem and say "they taste rotten", yet people don't give a toss, once they are cheap.

11. Jersey Shore/Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex, Tallafornia and any other show like them. These shows severely boil my piss. They are full of stuck up spoiled young people that have had it too easy all their lives, fiction or non fiction they are still a bad influence as much as I hate busting peoples bubble on this one as apparently these shows are going down well, I made myself sit through Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore to see what the big deal was about and its more crap on television I despise. Remember when MTV was MTV? Ah those were the days These shows are going to turn primitive vulnerable teenagers into slappers and douchebags, I can guarantee it as most are influenced by the general muck they watch on tv. Good thing some of us have the internet in our moments of peril when there is nothing decent on the box, big thank you to Netflix and Watchseriesonline that have saved me from taking a sledgehammer to my TV.

12. Argumentative atheists, They annoy me with the whole "Im right and you are wrong" attitude. I'm not into religion myself but I think people can believe in whatever faith they want i'm pretty o.k with it as long as they don't force it on other people or begrudge other faiths and act out in violence. Unfortunately that is still happening. Actually I will quote the late great George Carlin he was an atheist probably the only one I admire as his humour was fantastic and his beliefs became very clear towards the end of his career. He said “Thou shalt keep thy religion to thy self”

13. Skangers: If there is one thing I really hate about Irish society this is the first thing that comes to mind. I had to attend a vocational school between 2002 and 2007 with 95% of the students being complete and utter wastes of space. They are a bloody eye sore to look at. The dress code is always a tracksuit tucked into the socks. In the evening time I always come across the all too familiar sight of a skanger with a bag of beer which is deemed by normal people as piss, usually Linden Village Cider, Dutch Gold or Dunnes Stores Lager. They are a leech on the state by inpregnating their slapper girlfriends usually the ones you all would see in town pushing a buggy towards the social welfare office. Most of these ****ers only get a house when they become old enough to drink because they were stupid enough to knock up some bimbo and claim rent allowance then they live off the state for years with no intention of doing anything to support their families. The female dress sense is no different either a lot seem to like the pink tracksuit with "Juicy" written on the arse part which must seems to attract "Mr Fred Perry and Reebok classics" like flies to ****. You can't help but look as these ones wearing the "Juicy" crap they are usually more wide than slim it’s too hard to miss them. These parasites made life a misery for me in school by ridiculing me over things like paying attention in school and actually doing my work, what I do in my spare time, how many girls I "met", my music taste, my reasons for not wasting money on cannabis, (yeah I know unbelievable) my overall character in class (being nice and civil to the teachers instead of a complete and utter dick). These people need to be rid of before they inhabit the place. I can see it now... 2030 Ireland: The country infested with gargantuan anti-social half-wits blaring Tiesto and that squeaky voice music morning noon and night, the most popular beer in the country will be Dutch Gold (Oh please God Nooooo!)

14. Football: Probably the most retarded thing to watch. Any sport that involves this hatred rivalry. Example: Scouse Scum...Man Utd scum etc . Lets get this straight if they weren't being paid £100,000+ per match to play they wouldn't be playing in the first place. As much as I love to burst peoples bubble on this one I will add more onto what I write. There should be a pride aspect to the sport. How many players are actually from the cities they play for? People would hate me for this but by what I read very little. The Liverpool team alone is made up of Australian, Spanish, Danish, Brazilian, Uruguayan, Argentinian, Dutch, Slovakian and a few British, Scottish and Welsh. If I had to write about other teams id probably get similar stuff. It’s just a big business on buying and selling players. I bet you anything half these players couldn't even find their way around the city that is funding their lifestyles. I hated this sport growing up for the same reason as above, with the exception of the World Cup until recently as it created a good buzz when Ireland was in it I remember it all from 1994 and 2002 I heard all about Italia,90 too but too young to remember it sadly. Later on that element of the game was ruined for me when the French ruined it in 2009 with the infamous handball. I also hate the whole rolling around on the pitch thing players do if they are "injured" then as soon as the whistle blows and are the player is awarded a free, they are up off the ground as fast as lightning with a "miraculous recovery". Drives me insane whenever i’m watching it in the split second it takes to flick over to CSI or anything on Discovery.

15. People that post “Drinking” as a hobby, pastime or as a status on their Facebook pages. It’s just an annoying thing people do. Proves how much of a problem the drinking culture is here. I enjoy a drink as much as the next person but posting it as a pastime just seems stupid to me posting on a Friday or Saturday night “Can’t wait to get locked!” as a status update. These people need a hobby.

16. People that post “Stay at home Mammy is my job” under the work section of their Facebook pages. Being a stay at home mother isn’t a job it’s a responsibility. If you are not working just keep that space on your page empty or have a past job in the section. It’s just a little annoying but it’s not boiling blood annoying.

17. That tv show on RTE “The Restaurant” where poncey muppets appear as judges that spend the night talking pretentiously while stuffing their fat faces analysing the food and wine. I’m just waiting for the night one of them chokes on their own tongue while eating a scallop. When I was a kid if I didn’t like my dinner I either got a clout in the ear until I eat it or someone else ate it for me and faced the fear of spending the evening hungry until tea time. These judges should shut the f**k up or even better take the show off the air and throw on a repeat of Only Fools and Horses or something instead.

18. Bratty children that don’t get a clout in the ear for misbehaving both at home and in public. These “celtic tiger” parents nowadays don’t believe in disciplining their children. I used to work in a supermarket and I really hated when the children pulled a wobbler at the checkout or on the shop floor. Usually over sweets or donuts or whatever. I’ve had days where I had to clean up litres of orange juice and jars of jam or other messy ****e over these little terrors, all the mother does is stand there most of the time and just saying calmly “Oisin, Oisin stop that now”. Looking back to when my siblings and I were small, if we did anything like that, we would have got murdered for it.

19. One word txts (after I put in the effort of keeping the conversation going)

20. When children get things like a bike and a laptop for Christmas, seriously no child is worth that. Give him/her just the bike and some surprises nothing too mental, parents are still buying stuff that is way too flashy even in a recession.

21. When parents let 10 year olds on Facebook, they shouldn't be on it, get them the f**k out of the house to play tip the can or something.

22. Seeing 4 year old children swear out in the street in public in front of their mother, common sight in council estates, and the mother does nothing to nip it in the bud, God help the primary schools is all I say!

23. When doing a team assignment in college consisting of 3 people and other team members won't pull their weight and want to be carried through it. I mean how the f**k did they get into college, collecting Kit Kat wrappers?

24. Young couples that get pregnant and the mother claims lone parents even though the boyfriend is sneakily living with the girlfriend. Not all but most plan on living on rent allowance with no intention of getting work and live comfortably on the dole, children's allowance etc..

25. Boy racers that are on the dole yet they can afford to own a 2.0L Subaru Impreza at the age of 19/20 and just drive round town all day and look like a complete spanner!

26. People that post pictures of children with tumours on their heads on Facebook, I know its bad for them and all but they don't belong on Facebook.

27. Tourists that just stand on the footpath blocking it for other people, always happens on a narrow footpath and I always have to walk on the busy road just to get where I'm going. Stand in a bit for jaysus sake!

28. In a shop when there is a queue and an old person pours a load of change on the counter to pay for 20 euro worth of groceries. I'm talking about 10c 20c and a shyte load of coppers. Even worse if you work in the shop and it happens at your till. You can't help but think "Ah for f**k sake" and while looking at the customer with a forced smile!

29. When I'm on the bus and some guy gets on and the bus is packed, and one seat is free beside me, no bother if he sits beside me but then he sits down and smells like a brewery. Made even worse if its a warm day and Bus Eireann buses always are stuffy as hell, makes the smell a whole lot worse!

30. The way thin rubbery, pick haired or dreadlocked people that haven't had a shave yet can always get jobs in record shops/game stores. Honestly I am convinced that looking like that is in the job description. If I ever landed an interview in HMV I will dye my hair fluorescent pink that can be seen from space and I will probably get the job regardless of music/movie/game tastes.

31. That tv show on Discovery "Finding Bigfoot" Its self explanatory if anyone has seen it!

32. Women that wear fake tan, it looks awful, Irish women are blessed with a lovely creamy complexion and a lot of them are trying to hide it with this oompa loompa look. I don't mind a bit of make up if they want, but forget the fake tan it is just awful stuff.

I'm sure there is more I can add but drawing a blank now

The first 18 points was my very first post on here when I joined up first back in February. Posted it on a thread called "What Makes Your Blood Boil" and added 18 things that drove me mad. So posted again in case ye didn't come across it, I added an extra 14 for good measure obviously :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    The first 18 points was my very first post on here when I joined up first back in February. Posted it on a thread called "What Makes Your Blood Boil" and added 18 things that drove me mad. So posted again in case ye didn't come across it, I added an extra 14 for good measure obviously :P

Please get some help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

people who comment on your thread and make you feel like an idiot just to big themselves up wrecks my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

- Seeing cars with only one functioning headlight. It just annoys the sh*t out of me for some reason.

- Screaming babies / toddlers on planes or public places
    And where did that risible ****e chat "Are you all right?" come from? I always answer "Yes".

This as well. I hate it when I go into shops to have a look around and the staff pester you as soon as you walk in the door. Also those staff who try to talk you into buying the shop,

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    1. Pretentious college students, they get on my wick, you know the kind where a guest speaker comes into college to do a talk and he takes questions from students. There is always one student in the room that must stand up and ask like a dozen or more questions one after the other using every word in his thesaurus without letting the speaker answer the first one or two questions so he doesn't end up leaving any answer out. While I am writing about students, I will also add dickhead poncey students (mostly from the Dublin area but they are spread out aswell) that have plenty of money for piss-ups on the weekends then moan for the rest of the week of money troubles. There is a small part of me that wants to see college fees rise just to sicken them.

2. Reality TV shows especially the celebrity ones, as I don't know who half of these faceless misfits are. For example that Frankie Cocozza guy. How does being on the X-Factor for 5 minutes make him a celebrity? I hate all these talent shows with a passion especially when I have to sit through them at home with family eating Sunday dinner as my damn parents watch it. It irritates me when the singer comes in at first and they might have an o.k voice and there is the few that don't and then the judges turn them down and they get all emotional and start bawling, which I really can't stand seeing.

3. Jedward

4. Katherine Lynch (she is as funny as an infected scrotum)

5. Dana trying to become President of Ireland, like come on!

6. Secondary school students queuing in any deli at lunch time and skip the queue. A lot of them have no manners or common courtesy.

7. Blokes on nights out that have to do shout with excitement when out on the town. You know the ones you see stretching out their arms and bellowing like an idiot outside a nightclub. Usually the type of guy that ends up in a paddy wagon by 2am.

8. Women that always seem to pick the muscle bound, half man, half brylcreem douchebags. It always ends in tears. Complain or correct me if you like, I am going by my experiences.

9. People that have to post arguments with friends as a status on Facebook, using unbelievable fowl language. People don't care about stupid disputes and will initiate me to click "unsubscribe" a fine feature might I add. I could remove these people but I try not to be cruel.

10. People that talk about giving up smoking and say "I’ve been trying to quit for 5 years now and I just can't do it"....these people need to grow up have some will power and they could do it. If you ask me €8.50+ should be motivation enough to quit in times like this. Feckin ridiculous money to be forking out every day. Then people try to weasel out of paying the €8+ by buying the "hooky" cigarettes that people smuggle over here that are full of carcinogenic ****e as most of these people complain of chest problem and say "they taste rotten", yet people don't give a toss, once they are cheap.

11. Jersey Shore/Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex, Tallafornia and any other show like them. These shows severely boil my piss. They are full of stuck up spoiled young people that have had it too easy all their lives, fiction or non fiction they are still a bad influence as much as I hate busting peoples bubble on this one as apparently these shows are going down well, I made myself sit through Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore to see what the big deal was about and its more crap on television I despise. Remember when MTV was MTV? Ah those were the days These shows are going to turn primitive vulnerable teenagers into slappers and douchebags, I can guarantee it as most are influenced by the general muck they watch on tv. Good thing some of us have the internet in our moments of peril when there is nothing decent on the box, big thank you to Netflix and Watchseriesonline that have saved me from taking a sledgehammer to my TV.

12. Argumentative atheists, They annoy me with the whole "Im right and you are wrong" attitude. I'm not into religion myself but I think people can believe in whatever faith they want i'm pretty o.k with it as long as they don't force it on other people or begrudge other faiths and act out in violence. Unfortunately that is still happening. Actually I will quote the late great George Carlin he was an atheist probably the only one I admire as his humour was fantastic and his beliefs became very clear towards the end of his career. He said “Thou shalt keep thy religion to thy self”

13. Skangers: If there is one thing I really hate about Irish society this is the first thing that comes to mind. I had to attend a vocational school between 2002 and 2007 with 95% of the students being complete and utter wastes of space. They are a bloody eye sore to look at. The dress code is always a tracksuit tucked into the socks. In the evening time I always come across the all too familiar sight of a skanger with a bag of beer which is deemed by normal people as piss, usually Linden Village Cider, Dutch Gold or Dunnes Stores Lager. They are a leech on the state by inpregnating their slapper girlfriends usually the ones you all would see in town pushing a buggy towards the social welfare office. Most of these ****ers only get a house when they become old enough to drink because they were stupid enough to knock up some bimbo and claim rent allowance then they live off the state for years with no intention of doing anything to support their families. The female dress sense is no different either a lot seem to like the pink tracksuit with "Juicy" written on the arse part which must seems to attract "Mr Fred Perry and Reebok classics" like flies to ****. You can't help but look as these ones wearing the "Juicy" crap they are usually more wide than slim it’s too hard to miss them. These parasites made life a misery for me in school by ridiculing me over things like paying attention in school and actually doing my work, what I do in my spare time, how many girls I "met", my music taste, my reasons for not wasting money on cannabis, (yeah I know unbelievable) my overall character in class (being nice and civil to the teachers instead of a complete and utter dick). These people need to be rid of before they inhabit the place. I can see it now... 2030 Ireland: The country infested with gargantuan anti-social half-wits blaring Tiesto and that squeaky voice music morning noon and night, the most popular beer in the country will be Dutch Gold (Oh please God Nooooo!)

14. Football: Probably the most retarded thing to watch. Any sport that involves this hatred rivalry. Example: Scouse Scum...Man Utd scum etc . Lets get this straight if they weren't being paid £100,000+ per match to play they wouldn't be playing in the first place. As much as I love to burst peoples bubble on this one I will add more onto what I write. There should be a pride aspect to the sport. How many players are actually from the cities they play for? People would hate me for this but by what I read very little. The Liverpool team alone is made up of Australian, Spanish, Danish, Brazilian, Uruguayan, Argentinian, Dutch, Slovakian and a few British, Scottish and Welsh. If I had to write about other teams id probably get similar stuff. It’s just a big business on buying and selling players. I bet you anything half these players couldn't even find their way around the city that is funding their lifestyles. I hated this sport growing up for the same reason as above, with the exception of the World Cup until recently as it created a good buzz when Ireland was in it I remember it all from 1994 and 2002 I heard all about Italia,90 too but too young to remember it sadly. Later on that element of the game was ruined for me when the French ruined it in 2009 with the infamous handball. I also hate the whole rolling around on the pitch thing players do if they are "injured" then as soon as the whistle blows and are the player is awarded a free, they are up off the ground as fast as lightning with a "miraculous recovery". Drives me insane whenever i’m watching it in the split second it takes to flick over to CSI or anything on Discovery.

15. People that post “Drinking” as a hobby, pastime or as a status on their Facebook pages. It’s just an annoying thing people do. Proves how much of a problem the drinking culture is here. I enjoy a drink as much as the next person but posting it as a pastime just seems stupid to me posting on a Friday or Saturday night “Can’t wait to get locked!” as a status update. These people need a hobby.

16. People that post “Stay at home Mammy is my job” under the work section of their Facebook pages. Being a stay at home mother isn’t a job it’s a responsibility. If you are not working just keep that space on your page empty or have a past job in the section. It’s just a little annoying but it’s not boiling blood annoying.

17. That tv show on RTE “The Restaurant” where poncey muppets appear as judges that spend the night talking pretentiously while stuffing their fat faces analysing the food and wine. I’m just waiting for the night one of them chokes on their own tongue while eating a scallop. When I was a kid if I didn’t like my dinner I either got a clout in the ear until I eat it or someone else ate it for me and faced the fear of spending the evening hungry until tea time. These judges should shut the f**k up or even better take the show off the air and throw on a repeat of Only Fools and Horses or something instead.

18. Bratty children that don’t get a clout in the ear for misbehaving both at home and in public. These “celtic tiger” parents nowadays don’t believe in disciplining their children. I used to work in a supermarket and I really hated when the children pulled a wobbler at the checkout or on the shop floor. Usually over sweets or donuts or whatever. I’ve had days where I had to clean up litres of orange juice and jars of jam or other messy ****e over these little terrors, all the mother does is stand there most of the time and just saying calmly “Oisin, Oisin stop that now”. Looking back to when my siblings and I were small, if we did anything like that, we would have got murdered for it.

19. One word txts (after I put in the effort of keeping the conversation going)

20. When children get things like a bike and a laptop for Christmas, seriously no child is worth that. Give him/her just the bike and some surprises nothing too mental, parents are still buying stuff that is way too flashy even in a recession.

21. When parents let 10 year olds on Facebook, they shouldn't be on it, get them the f**k out of the house to play tip the can or something.

22. Seeing 4 year old children swear out in the street in public in front of their mother, common sight in council estates, and the mother does nothing to nip it in the bud, God help the primary schools is all I say!

23. When doing a team assignment in college consisting of 3 people and other team members won't pull their weight and want to be carried through it. I mean how the f**k did they get into college, collecting Kit Kat wrappers?

24. Young couples that get pregnant and the mother claims lone parents even though the boyfriend is sneakily living with the girlfriend. Not all but most plan on living on rent allowance with no intention of getting work and live comfortably on the dole, children's allowance etc..

25. Boy racers that are on the dole yet they can afford to own a 2.0L Subaru Impreza at the age of 19/20 and just drive round town all day and look like a complete spanner!

26. People that post pictures of children with tumours on their heads on Facebook, I know its bad for them and all but they don't belong on Facebook.

27. Tourists that just stand on the footpath blocking it for other people, always happens on a narrow footpath and I always have to walk on the busy road just to get where I'm going. Stand in a bit for jaysus sake!

28. In a shop when there is a queue and an old person pours a load of change on the counter to pay for 20 euro worth of groceries. I'm talking about 10c 20c and a shyte load of coppers. Even worse if you work in the shop and it happens at your till. You can't help but think "Ah for f**k sake" and while looking at the customer with a forced smile!

29. When I'm on the bus and some guy gets on and the bus is packed, and one seat is free beside me, no bother if he sits beside me but then he sits down and smells like a brewery. Made even worse if its a warm day and Bus Eireann buses always are stuffy as hell, makes the smell a whole lot worse!

30. The way thin rubbery, pick haired or dreadlocked people that haven't had a shave yet can always get jobs in record shops/game stores. Honestly I am convinced that looking like that is in the job description. If I ever landed an interview in HMV I will dye my hair fluorescent pink that can be seen from space and I will probably get the job regardless of music/movie/game tastes.

31. That tv show on Discovery "Finding Bigfoot" Its self explanatory if anyone has seen it!

32. Women that wear fake tan, it looks awful, Irish women are blessed with a lovely creamy complexion and a lot of them are trying to hide it with this oompa loompa look. I don't mind a bit of make up if they want, but forget the fake tan it is just awful stuff.

I'm sure there is more I can add but drawing a blank now

Anyone with this amount of baggage is in serious need of help. Pray for help and hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    Anyone with this amount of baggage is in serious need of help. Pray for help and hang in there.

At the very least, he's getting it all out, which can be helpful

• Advertisement
Advertisement