Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that drive you insane

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

At the very least, he's getting it all out, which can be helpful

God forbid he ever ends up in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

charlemont wrote: »
    God forbid he ever ends up in government.

The opening of my speech when I become Taoiseach "There's going to be some changes round here"...etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Political correctness gone mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    The opening of my speech when I become Taoiseach "There's going to be some changes round here"...etc

Nice one..

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Why why why is there so many fungal toenail remedy ads on RTE around the grub eating times of 5-7pm!? seriously who wants to see minging toenails when theyre eating. and how in the name of fudge do these companies get enough money to afford these ads? are the sponspored by satan or something??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

When it's humid and my inner thighs rub together. You either have to put up with it or walk like you've shat your pants. A lose-lose situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Passive aggressiveness, but especially in guys!

If you have a problem, stop being such a faggot and come at me like a man instead of beating around the bush.
    Drives me fucking crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Why why why is there so many fungal toenail remedy ads on RTE around the grub eating times of 5-7pm!? seriously who wants to see minging toenails when theyre eating. and how in the name of fudge do these companies get enough money to afford these ads? are the sponspored by satan or something??

Ditto for those ads for Concern and other aid agencies collecting for Africa etc... - we know there's a problem, we know you want our money, but must we really look at sick kids with flies in their eyes just around 6 o' clock time?

Young Teenagers and their incessant over-use of the word "random." Random nights out with friends, randon songs and random days in school or wherever. It absolutely wrecks my head. This "random humour" that they think is hilarious when really it's just a desperate attempt to fit in or to come across as quirky. It's usually used by emo's and bloody hipsters and other useless people. It really is the most annoying thing ever :(

Haha I thought I was the only one that was bugged by "random humour"...A girl I used to go out with used to do that all the time. Used to drive me mad, her friends were all into it too. Its a total emo thing, its the only way they can converse with each other.

Conor Maynard is my new thing that drives me insane. How can a skinny little tosser be so successful?

What happened to teenage girls idolising actual decent guys that you'd go "yeah alright, fair enough"? Not these annoying little runts like Justin Bieber. It's genuinely confusing.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    Conor Maynard is my new thing that drives me insane. How can a skinny little tosser be so successful?

What happened to teenage girls idolising actual decent guys that you'd go "yeah alright, fair enough"? Not these annoying little runts like Justin Bieber. It's genuinely confusing.

Had to google this Conor Maynard lad, shows how out of touch I have become with pop music. But yeah I agree teenage girls idolize gob****es like Beiber. Dappy is another one I hate, he just looks like a total skanger to me!

Had to google this Conor Maynard lad, shows how out of touch I have become with pop music. But yeah I agree teenage girls idolize gob****es like Beiber. Dappy is another one I hate, he just looks like a total skanger to me!

You're better off staying out of touch with it for the most part but I'd say watch his "Vegas girl" video from the start. He's so awkward with her it's brilliant! :D

You can stop @0.40 though

Dappy is a rough enough guy but I'd take him any day over the likes of those other lads!

You're better off staying out of touch with it for the most part but I'd say watch his "Vegas girl" video from the start. He's so awkward with her it's brilliant! :D

Dappy is a rough enough guy but I'd take him any day over the likes of those other lads!

Jesus and he goes straight into trying to get the number and whips out his phone to take a picture....I seriously doubt if that would work in any normal situation, I'd imagine the girl would raise an eyebrow to some stranger saying "Can I take a picture of you?" The guy would be deemed as a bit of a looper. Well it would in my head anyway. Cheesy as hell beginning to a video!

Sounds a bit Justin Timberlake-ish to me also

Jesus and he goes straight into trying to get the number and whips out his phone to take a picture....I seriously doubt if that would work in any normal situation, I'd imagine the girl would raise an eyebrow to some stranger saying "Can I take a picture of you?" The guy would be deemed as a bit of a looper. Well it would in my head anyway. Cheesy as hell beginning to a video!

At the end there he struts off on the roof top dramatically while the camera pulls away. I was secretly hoping he'd jump off.. :p

At the end there he struts off on the roof top dramatically while the camera pulls away. I was secretly hoping he'd jump off.. :p

If only, those videos make me wanna vomit, Exorcist style!:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

People repeating the same story 20 times a day!

Ads before YouTube videos!

When someone is telling a story just starts the story in the middle of it so you dont have a bulls eyes notion whats going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Making hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Passive aggressiveness, but especially in guys!

If you have a problem, stop being such a faggot and come at me like a man instead of beating around the bush.
    Drives me fucking crazy!
    If everyone was completely honest and said what they really feel there would probably be a lot bruised egos. I tried being brutally honest with brutally honest people before and it mostly ended with them crying and me being the bad guy. Sometimes its better to say fcuk all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

corkoian wrote: »
    People repeating the same story 20 times a day!

Ads before YouTube videos!

When someone is telling a story just starts the story in the middle of it so you dont have a bulls eyes notion whats going on!

Yes. If I hear that "This ramadan...." ****in ad one more time I'm going to start donating to pro-Zionist causes.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    If everyone was completely honest and said what they really feel there would probably be a lot bruised egos. I tried being brutally honest with brutally honest people before and it mostly ended with them crying and me being the bad guy. Sometimes its better to say fcuk all.

No I'm not talking about honestly. It's when you anger someone or they're angry at you and they repress it but they always throw digs at you and remain pissed off/bitchy. They won't just plain out say what they're angry about and pretend like nothing is wrong when clearly something is. That's what's so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Oh gee ive so many.

1. Parents who let their kids run amuck in cafes/supermarkets.

It drives me up the wall. These Parents in cafes whos kids come over to my table and just sit down and start trying to take my food. Ah hello get over here and take your kid away!!!:mad: And in supermarkets kids tearing around corners- wallops into my trolley and starts screaming crying and the mother goes to me "Watch where your bloody going"? Ah WHAT!!!!

2. People who stare

Gives me the heebies.

3. People who earwig

Id be chatting to a friend in general about lets just say x factor and a someone behind me in line for checkout would just butt in and go "Oh i heard that next week is Madonna week etc" ... Ah excuse me do you normally butt into other peoples conversations?

4. Small Talk

Hate when im in doctors office and person next to me goes "terrible weather isint it" , and then you have to spend the next few mins making polite chit chat until one of you is called. I find it v akward.

5. People who ask inaprioprite(sp ) questions

I find it very weird when complete strangers ask you pretty personal questions. I was in the credit union a few months ago applying for a loan and you have to wait in that little room. Woman who came in after me just boldly said "So what are you applying for a loan for"? :eek: My exact words were "None of your business"

6 I dont like when people walk directly behind me
    7 Biddies who take up the doorway
    8 People who dont indicate peoperly
    9 Keyboard warriors
    10.People who have no sense of volume when they talk

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

Stuff that bugs me tends to be things people do that show a lack of consideration for others, like…

Talking in the cinema, and disrupting others’ enjoyment of the film they’ve paid to see

Parking across two spaces instead of lining up your car correctly, taking one spot

Hen/stag parties on Ryanair flights that think it’s alright to scream/shout/make complete tits of themselves and disrupt the quiet enjoyment- for lack of a more appropriate term- of other passengers’ flights

Parents letting their kids running amok,and not attempting to control them in restaurants. (If they eventually ARE pushed to act, they’ll usually abdicate responsibility, so as not to appear to be the ‘bad guy’: “You have to stop running around or The Man will get very cross with you.”)

People not waving when you let them out (driving) or saying ‘thanks’ if you hold the door for them

Rude service, especially cashiers putting change on the counter, or continuing inane conversation with their colleagues during the transaction.

Texting in someone else’s company

People not returning weights in the gym, or loudly dropping them, whenever they finish a set

Self-obsessed/self-centered people who talk about themselves incessantly

And a few other non-consideration-related ones…

Skangers going around with their hands down the front of their pants. Absolutely f**king disgusting.

The celebration/championing of mediocrity/ignorance in society- Jedward, Frankie Cocozza, Jade Goody, the casts of those Jersey Shore-esque shows et al.

The perpetrator-friendly approach to sentencing in this country, and lack of attempts to rehabilitate offenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

The perpetrator-friendly approach to sentencing in this country, and lack of attempts to rehabilitate offenders.[/Quote]

Best description ever of what's going.

Predator friendly sentencing.

Hits the nail....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

people driving too erractically and you cannot see what their going to do next lack of indicator use in two lane drive ways etc..really annoying im not psychic you know indicators are there for a reason to communicate to other drivers in front on the opposite side of the road and behind what you are going to do next so one can act in time..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

People who say "nom nom nom" and other such stupid things.

It literally makes my skin crawl:mad:

girlonfire wrote: »
    People who say "nom nom nom" and other such stupid things.

It literally makes my skin crawl:mad:

Meh...its a thing that people do to seem cute I think, doesn't work with fellas, women tend to do that a lot. Never minded it much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

"Unexpected item in bagging area"

People who slurp hot drinks/soup etc. My housemate does this and I have to leave the living room for five minutes when he comes in with a cup of tea, otherwise I would simply snap and cave his head in.

Screaming brats in public places and selfish parents showing not the slightest hint of embarrassment

Newspapers folded at some random inside-out angle and not left back at the front page

Whistling. Is this a pre-requisite amongst tradesmen? People who whistle actually think they're cool. No, you're not - you're f*cking retarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

People who pride themselves in having "no interest in politics". You're a fooking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    People who pride themselves in having "no interest in politics". You're a fooking idiot.

would you blame them. ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

crazygeryy wrote: »
    would you blame them. ffs

I would actually, yeah.

Edit: Big difference between losing interest in politics because you're disillusioned or whatever but not giving a **** at any point in your life (even though it affects you and everything you do) and taking pride in it like it's some kind of achievement. That piddles me off no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Yes. If I hear that "This ramadan...." ****in ad one more time I'm going to start donating to pro-Zionist causes.

Does nobody use AdBlock? I've had it installed for a good while now and since then I've not had to watch one ad on youtube.

I don't know if it's because of the channels I watch or anything, a lot of them are youtube partners so they should have ads i'm guessing, but yeah I've not had one ad for a long while on youtube.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I would actually, yeah.

Edit: Big difference between losing interest in politics because you're disillusioned or whatever but not giving a **** at any point in your life (even though it affects you and everything you do) and taking pride in it like it's some kind of achievement. That piddles me off no end.

Of course people would give a **** as all decisions made by Government affect normal civilians. People just choose not to follow it, right up until budget day in December when everyone is glued to the tv and saying "**** sake" to everything. Ignorance is bliss until December rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Everytime I hear that stupid f*cking trumpet jingle when a Ryanair flight lands I lose the will to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Everytime I hear that stupid f*cking trumpet jingle when a Ryanair flight lands I lose the will to live.

Lucky for me my flight was over 1 hour delayed so I didn't have the pleasure :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

People who have no inner monologie, they need to vocalise their every thought :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Paranoid psychosis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Child killing psychopaths don't do a lot for me!

Advertisement