Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You know you're a two bob team when...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

When you're unable to get joey barton off the wagebill while he spends time at her majesty's leisure for being an all round tug

No digs at rival clubs here ... Never been as happy than the day a 'top club' took him off our hands

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

When Ron Atkinson turns down a job offer from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    When you're unable to get joey barton off the wagebill while he spends time at her majesty's leisure for being an all round tug

No digs at rival clubs here ... Never been as happy than the day a 'top club' took him off our hands

Joey Barton would be more useful as a tug. At least he'd helping sinking ships that way.

You know you're a two bob team when an 'agent' calls, says they have George Weah's cousin on a free and you sign him after a very short trial and subsequently throw him on for the second half where he embarrasses himself and the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

irish-stew wrote: »
    Sometimes the two bob team is way more exciting to watch than over paid/hyped prima donnas.
    Never a truer word said. Fans of United, Chelski, etc know that their side will most likely win on any given day. Most of them have become immune to the pure thrill of winning. Where as with my club Forest, I never fully know how it will pan out. There in lies the excitement. 3 points is sweeter for those who've not always been the favourites to claim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A player goes to oxegen instead of playing the biggest cup game of the season :(

A player goes to oxegen instead of playing the biggest cup game of the season :(

This could be a winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

greendom wrote: »
    When your star forward is having most of his wages paid by another, supposedly rival, club.

No that makes you pretty clever.

If anyyhing it makes the guys paying the wages to play for someone else look like amateurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This could be a winner

Irish League players and managers not appearing in European games due to prebooked family holidays is right up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

...paddy kenny sends your chairman texts about how crap you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

When the main thing on your mind is a 3rd division club in Scotland that "you don't care about'

Or, when Liverpool take a second syringe team to your ground for a European match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You release a DVD of a decent result vs your local rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

CSF wrote: »
    Can you please not use special needs as a mockery for something bad? Its really offensive, not ok, and not even funny as a joke.

For fear of being picked apart by the morality brigade

You've a right to be offended, but you do not have a right to censor

Something to think about....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Eirebear wrote: »
    When the main thing on your mind is a 3rd division club in Scotland that "you don't care about'

Or, when Liverpool take a second syringe team to your ground for a European match.

Junkies now as well as everything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

tolosenc wrote: »
    What's it called when your biggest rivals are three tiers above you, but are still a two bob team?

I dont know, the LOI???

Junkies now as well as everything else!

Ha! That's what I get for posting on my phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

You know your a 2 bob team when the temporary stand your supporters built after getting into Europes secondary club competition is empty for most of the matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TheDoc wrote: »
    For fear of being picked apart by the morality brigade

You've a right to be offended, but you do not have a right to censor

Something to think about....
    What a ridiculous post. There is nothing bad about asking someone not to make fun of people with special needs. Get a grip of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Even if you support a "two bob team" you can take solace in the fact that the owners didn't cheap out and purchase oldco Rangers FC for half that outlay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Can you please not use special needs as a mockery for something bad? Its really offensive, not ok, and not even funny as a joke.

You may need to leave the internet so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a ridiculous post. There is nothing bad about asking someone not to make fun of people with special needs. Get a grip of yourself.

Who are you to be telling people what to say though?

I think you might be missing the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Who are you to be telling people what to say though?

I think you might be missing the point

Strange argument to be making on a heavily moderated forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

bohsman wrote: »
    Strange argument to be making on a heavily moderated forum.

the mods are given power over the forum by others and people here post in the knowledge of that, censorship by peers is something else

But he didnt censor anyone, he simply asked - politely i might add - the poster not to make that kind of comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

But he didnt censor anyone, he simply asked - politely i might add - the poster not to make that kind of comment.

i was just referencing the forum comment

i was just referencing the forum comment

Yeah, that wasn't particularly directed at you - just the conversation in general.

Advertisement