Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno Elixir

Options
  • 18-08-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Just wondering if there's anyone wearing them and what they think ? Currently in the Inspire but thinking of going for something slightly lighter like the Elixir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I'm in them.

Use the Inspire for majority of my training and racing. Started with the Elixir this summer for racing mainly but use them for tempo & interval runs too.

The nice thing is they're built like the Inspire and give a good return on the mileage relative to a racing flat. I've used the Mizuno Ronin for 5k races but there's not enough in them for me on longer runs. (I've heavy bones ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RoverHogan

Salty Dog wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's anyone wearing them and what they think ? Currently in the Inspire but thinking of going for something slightly lighter like the Elixir.

Great shoe. I'm on my second pair of wave elixir 6's and they are my favourite shoe. I use them for races and speed sessions, and have used them for races including marathon distance without any issues. I find them really comfortable and lightweight, and I'd highly recommend trying them on. I'm a slight pronator, and I tried a lot of the lightweight shoes in AK in bray before picking these.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Salty Dog

I'm in them.

Use the Inspire for majority of my training and racing. Started with the Elixir this summer for racing mainly but use them for tempo & interval runs too.

The nice thing is they're built like the Inspire and give a good return on the mileage relative to a racing flat. I've used the Mizuno Ronin for 5k races but there's not enough in them for me on longer runs. (I've heavy bones ;) )

How do you find them for sizing compared to the Inspires ? Will drop in AK in Ballymount to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

A little narrower in the toe box to give a snugger fit but otherwise same size. Whatever you are in Inspire, same in Elixir. I smacked out a 16k run straight out of the box, no issues, no nail damage - perfect.

Advertisement