Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL...who's going there?

• 18-08-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

So I'll almost definitely be heading to UL in 2 weeks to study Psychology (70 points to spare), i'm absolutely buzzing to start, orientation week cannot come quick enough!

Anyway, who else is hoping to head to UL in September? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

I'll almost definitely be studying applied languages with 75 points to spare. I'm so looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 victoria.eliza

I'll hopefully be heading to UL to study Psychology and Sociology (55 points to spare):). I went to a lecture and I fell in love with Sociology, and I really hope that I enjoy Psychology as much as I think I will. I know it can be love or loathe for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I am hoping to go there to study Midwifery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Might see you at Orientation folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Same here n00bs.
    Stick around for the whole day. You'll learn a lot of what on in UL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Computer Systems, with 110 points to spare. Might see you there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

cant wait to show all you little first years around muah hahahaha...im not that weird I promise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'm going there too! :D

Oh wait, you want newbies, nevermind! Carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MzMollz

Im starting Midwifery, moving down next wkend...cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

Aww I feel so sad. It feels like only yesterday I was in the same boat starting out as a first year. My graduation is in 2 weeks haha. The 4 years absolutely FLEW BY !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

sup_dude wrote: »
    I'm going there too! :D

Oh wait, you want newbies, nevermind! Carry on...

Damnit! I was gonna use that joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NiaBlack

I'll be studying Language, Literature, and Film :) Can't wait to meet everyone! I don't think I'll know anyone else there... How do the natives feel about Corkonians? XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I got an offer for Psychology and Sociology.
    Not too sure about accepting though. The Sociology part is throwing me off now.
    I wonder do they allowe internal transfers? I have the points for just Psychology anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Science Choice! :) see you all there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 shanegorman

UL for International Business! (40 points to spare) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aliciavonm

Science teaching with 110 points to spare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Computer Systems. Cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

aliciavonm wrote: »
    Science teaching with 110 points to spare :D

Doing that myself :D might see you when I'm showing people around for orientation. If you've any questions just PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wheelbarrow25

Got International business with 150 points to spare! Delighted :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 shanegorman

Got International business with 150 points to spare! Delighted :D

International business!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

NiaBlack wrote: »
    I'll be studying Language, Literature, and Film :) Can't wait to meet everyone! I don't think I'll know anyone else there... How do the natives feel about Corkonians? XD

Welcome to UL :) I'm a second year in this course so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's nearly more Cork people around the place than natives tbh! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Doing English and History with 110 points to spare. Can't wait. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

I live near the border and went to school in Cork, so I'm well used to Corkonians! ;) I find people from Cork tend to be lovely. :D:D

biohaiid wrote: »
    I wonder do they allowe internal transfers? I have the points for just Psychology anyways.

Yeah they do, get into the education officer and see what they said. I did an internal transfer in first year, as long as you have the points you'll be ok. But email the education officer and see.

Yeah they do, get into the education officer and see what they said. I did an internal transfer in first year, as long as you have the points you'll be ok. But email the education officer and see.

I emailed the head of Psychology and Sociology and we basically told me no!hah.
    He said he cannot promise such a thing and if I accept the course with the intent to transfer to look for something else. :/
    Do you know the email for the education officer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sueducation@ul.ie

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Oh I just emailed suacademic@ul.ie
    UL are going to be sick of my emails!haha
    Thanks.

I just accepted my course. :)
    I accepted Queens, Belfast too as it is through UCAS.
    The way I see it the HEAR orientation will give me a fair idea if I will like UL and I can make my final decision then.

Anyone else going to the HEAR orientation?

• Advertisement

I emailed the head of Psychology and Sociology and we basically told me no!hah.
    He said he cannot promise such a thing and if I accept the course with the intent to transfer to look for something else. :/

Yeah there's a load of rules but the majority of time theres no problem I've honestly never even heard of anyone getting denied it when within the points. I even know people that didn't have the points (as long as your within 20 they CAN make an exception) but at the end of the day it's up to them. See what the education officer says! Best of luck !

Advertisement