Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL...who's going there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NiaBlack

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There's nearly more Cork people around the place than natives tbh! :pac:
    I live near the border and went to school in Cork, so I'm well used to Corkonians! ;) I find people from Cork tend to be lovely. :D:D

Well that's good, I guess! XD I'll probably be a bit more quiet than the Cork people ye're used to but I'm sure that'll change soon enough when I settle in!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

aelune wrote: »
    Aww I feel so sad. It feels like only yesterday I was in the same boat starting out as a first year. My graduation is in 2 weeks haha. The 4 years absolutely FLEW BY !!!

Any tips for a newbie!! Like things I shouldnt do and things I should :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

Make friends with as many of your class as you can. Come exam time it's handy when you have problems with notes or some parts of the course. You're gonna be spending 4 years with them so helping each other out rather than just yourself helps a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Take it easy for the semester but do pass your exams at the end of it! Try out a club/society that's completely new to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tragic and blonde

Woo! *waves hands excitedly*

Mechanical engineering!!

....sigh....

Please don't hurt me... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I feel sorry for all first year metal bashers and the E&CE folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

[Rasta] wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all first year metal bashers and the E&CE folk.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

anyone else for sport and exercise science? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 orchestrated

Science Choice. :) Going down to for the HEAR orientation the day after tomorrow. Woo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Science Choice. :) Going down to for the HEAR orientation the day after tomorrow. Woo. :P

Me too. (about the HEAR orientation I mean)
    It should be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Going into Mechanical Eng. 2nd yr as mature student. Did the cert in IT Sligo couple of years back, looking forward to it and the break from industry, any other matures doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

NiaBlack wrote: »
    I'll be studying Language, Literature, and Film :) Can't wait to meet everyone! I don't think I'll know anyone else there... How do the natives feel about Corkonians? XD

As a native I found a great Cork woman who's now my gf of several months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

If my English gets marked up by one grade I'll be heading up to do Journalism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ais0309

Anyone else doing Food Science and Health ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I only know one person doing Science Choice! Anyone here doing it? Wanna be friends? Hahaha trying my best to sound less creepy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I only know one person doing Science Choice! Anyone here doing it? Wanna be friends? Hahaha trying my best to sound less creepy. :P

Username probably not helping your cause then. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Username probably not helping your cause then. :pac: :pac:

Why..? I'm a pancake. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SashMash

ais0309 wrote: »

I know someone doing that course, an absolute legend! :)

Anyone doing Journalism and New Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

ais0309 wrote: »

I am but heading into 3rd Year ;) If you need any help or advice just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chocomonster55

SashMash wrote: »

Heyy.. I'm doing Journalism and New Media, :)

• Advertisement

Oh cool :) Looking forward to it? Are you living on campus or off?

Are people moving this Sunday or just going in for their orientation and moving in the week of the 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

Are people moving this Sunday or just going in for their orientation and moving in the week of the 10th?

I'm moving into Plassey on Tuesday (my orientation is on Wednesday) and staying for the week. :)

Heyy.. I'm doing Journalism and New Media, :)

24646701.jpg

I literally need one grade and I could be joining ye :D

I literally need one grade and I could be joining ye

Good luck :D
    I'm moving into Plassey on Tuesday (my orientation is on Wednesday) and staying for the week.
    Yeah I think I'm the same! :)

Good luck :D

Thank you :D Teacher said he's confident enough it'll be marked up :) Also will stay in Plassey if there's any space XD

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heisenberg__

Going into Energy. I reckon I'll be getting lost a few times tomorrow :o Will there be any events going on this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Anyone else notice the "UL...who's going there?" thread is er... in the UL section? :D
    Woo! *waves hands excitedly*

Mechanical engineering!!

....sigh....

Please don't hurt me... :D

Only tip you need for first year mech eng is do past papers from day one and make sure you don't have to repeat anything (learned the hard way :( )

BTW, If you're interested in cars:

arrow-down.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Going into Energy. I reckon I'll be getting lost a few times tomorrow :o Will there be any events going on this week?

If you what more info pm me. I in 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Another anonymous poster

biohaiid wrote: »
    I got an offer for Psychology and Sociology.
    Not too sure about accepting though. The Sociology part is throwing me off now.
    I wonder do they allowe internal transfers? I have the points for just Psychology anyways.

Yeah you can do an internal transfer, just get an internal transfer form from SAA. I don't see why there would be any issue of you switching between particularly as you have the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Yeah you can do an internal transfer, just get an internal transfer form from SAA. I don't see why there would be any issue of you switching between particularly as you have the points.

The head of the Bs.c in Psych basically said not a hope when I asked her yesterday.
    What does SAA stand for?

Advertisement