Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When life gives you limes, make a mojito!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

After that I did the only logical thing I could - I did a couple more very easy runs and I picked a 5km race to kick my lazy fat ass...

You know Kim Kardashian asses are the 'in' thing, got one going on myself lately:rolleyes:
    Great to see you back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

madon wrote: »
    You know Kim Kardashian asses are the 'in' thing, got one going on myself lately:rolleyes:
    Great to see you back:)

:D he, he must remember that one!

Well here we go again and since last week was a disaster I decided to repeat last weeks plan.

Monday Dec 10th

Gym session, cardio and strength - nuff said!

Tuesday Dec 11th

Easy 3 miles
    Easy run on the plan today so off I took after work. A fab eve for a run once I had layered up obviously! Some nice sparkly and slippery footpaths to contend with but it just made it more fun. You can probably tell that I really enjoyed this :D. I'm liking this pain free running, fingers crossed it may continue...

Wednesday Dec 12th

Easy Run - 3 Miles

I had to swap days around. I need to start my Christmas shopping tomorrow night or I'll get be getting no turkey dinner so I had to do a run this eve.

A nice 3 miles again but a nasty little wind out there to chill me to the bone. I'm taking no notice of pace at the moment and just enjoying being out there. Nearly got decapitated by a cyclist on the footpath balancing a massive Christmas tree on his head :eek: Not a light on the bike or the tree...honestly some people are just nuts and he frightened the crap out of me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sorry about that. I was just trying to get it home so we can get into the christmas spirit and spread a bit of xmas cheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great to see you back running and logging again....long may it continue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Yay, you're back! Hope the happy running continues :)

Thanks ladies :)

Fri Dec 14th

Easy Run - 4 miles

Supposed to do this run on Sunday but knew I wouldn't get a chance so I headed out this eve. The rain had just stopped as I headed out so I opted for the out and back route along the coast. The first 2 miles were lovely, hardly anybody out and about so pretty much the footpath to myself. The stars were twinkling on the sea as the waves rolled in, really calming. Rounded the bollards as the watch beeped 2 and then I figured out why the first 2 miles were lovely! A "nice" head wind on the way back. I felt like I was going backward at times. I threw in a couple of strides in the last 1/2 mile just to stetch the legs.

Sat Dec 15th

Easy run - 3 miles, Parkrun

Headed off to Avoca Parkrun this morning to get these 3 miles done. All my running is supposed to be easy miles at the moment to build back up the fitness/miles so the idea was to do this as a training run. Met up with jcsmum who was under orders for a top 3 female finish or she was getting no scone :p. She duly obliged by being the 2nd woman home so a scone was allowed. Well done K.
    My own run was grand, everytime I felt the pace picking up I reigned it in which is very hard to do in a race. Much more enjoyable than the last time I did this. Despite the fact this was an easy run, my time today was only 7 seconds off the time 2 weeks ago when I nearly killed myself trying to race it. Good to see some small bit of fitness returning.

Best part again was yummy scone and coffee afterwards with the running buddies.

Thanks S for 'encouraging' me to travel all the way to Malahide (I wasn't thinking that during the race though :rolleyes:). The scone was worth it though!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

The comeback is going well banner :) Good stuff!!

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Thanks S for 'encouraging' me to travel all the way to Malahide (I wasn't thinking that during the race though :rolleyes:). The scone was worth it though!! :D

Oi why did you put commas around encouraging :confused:

Sun Dec 16th

Managed to fit in a gym session between all the madness. V enjoyable.

Mon Dec 17th

Cross-training = shopping and the only thing that got a good workout were my friendly plastic cards and my stress levels!

Tue Dec 18th

Easy Run - 4 miles

Woke up Sunday with that familiar shin niggle - oh how I missed you...not! Possibly caused by the fact I had 2 back to back runs last week. Lesson learnt and I'm going to cut the number of runs to 3 a week for a while and see how it goes.

So first mile this evening was the usual uncomfortable feeling but then it settled down and behaved (a classic sign of shin splints, I know :rolleyes:). The remainder of the run was one of the most enjoyable I've had. I love running in these foggy cold conditions and was nodding and smiling like an idiot to everyone I passed. I got some funny looks :D. Who cares tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I love running in these foggy cold conditions and was nodding and smiling like an idiot to everyone I passed. I got some funny looks :D. Who cares tho!
    Ha, that was me today in the park, i was so delighted to be back out running everyone got a big Hello or a nod if they had esrphones in:D

Oi why did you put commas around encouraging :confused:

Oh I don't know, call it my 'whacky' sense of humour! ;)

Younganne wrote: »
    Ha, that was me today in the park, i was so delighted to be back out running everyone got a big Hello or a nod if they had esrphones in:D

Anne we are just very friendly people...when in a good mood ;). When is the bike getting its debut spin?
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh I don't know, call it my 'whacky' sense of humour! ;)

Whacky is one word for it alright :p. I shall not be encouraging you to come northside any more so...I might move one place up the female table if you don't come :D

Well this was a short log :rolleyes:. So I've decided to take the plunge and move over to the dark side...the Tri/Duathlon/AR forum. Someone needs to bring down the standard over there as they are all way too good :o. So I've decided to take up that challenge.
    I know most you won't venture there often but do pop in to say hi and give me some encouragement on my quest! I'll still be annoying ye all here anyway so you won't get rid of me that easy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Stay safe on the dark side....turncoat;):D

Advertisement