Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Boost Switch

• 18-08-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hoping someone can help here.
    I currently have the old 'light switch' style controls for the immersion. This does not work for me as im terrible at remembering to turn it off.
    I have been looking for a switch to replace it with that just does a boost for 30 mins - an hour.
    Any of the ones i have found only do for a single coil in the tank, (snagamo etc).
    We dont use the the 'bath' option much but would be nice to have the choice to switch.
    Normally the hot water is needed for washing the dishes and thats it. During the winter the gas boiler heats the tank so the immersion is not needed.
    So that rules out the need for timer functionality.

thoughts?

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Put the sangamo boost timer before the switch so then u can decide if u want to heat the bath or sink element....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Put the sangamo boost timer before the switch so then u can decide if u want to heat the bath or sink element....
    Damn ur logic!! ;-)

Was hoping to use existing hole and not create another.
    As above that will be simplist solution me thinks.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Gar. I got this time guard immersion heater controller in my local electrical supplier. It's a mighty job. See attached
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

So what did you go for tin the end Gar?
    And how are you finding it?
    I'm just installing a new immersion cylinder and noiler, debating my immersion timer options, was considering one of these alright, same as what NorthWest posted above by looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    So what did you go for tin the end Gar?
    And how are you finding it?
    I'm just installing a new immersion cylinder and noiler, debating my immersion timer options, was considering one of these alright, same as what NorthWest posted above by looks of it.
    Hi DavyD

I have not put it in yet but will be getting one of the 2 and putting it in series with the immersion switch as suggested earlier.
    We dont use much hot water so 30 mins will be ideal.

hope this helps

Gar

• Advertisement
Advertisement