Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence issues.

Options
  • 18-08-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi Lads .

Changed the scatter gun lately from a Baikal Under / Over to a benelli pump . No hassle with the local Sargent didn't even have to fill out any forms just gave him my old licence and details of where my gun went and where I got the new one and the details of it Etc. . All good .

Few days later I get my new licence with a gobbledegook expiry on it 1/1/1000 or something and the benelli listed as a double barell on the back . Before i get a chance to chat to the local guard another two licences arrive . One with correct expiry but still benelli double barell on the back and the other with correct date etc. but the details of my old gun on it :mad::mad::mad: .

So what do I do now .

Is there any way of contacting the licence printing people so I can put them straight and get one licence with the correct details on it or do I have to go through the local FAO again ?
    And whats the legal position at the moment regarding the licence I have ? The serial number and all other details are correct , It's just the description thats wrong on it .
    Any help welcome...:confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Few days later I get my new licence with a gobbledegook expiry on it 1/1/1000 or something and the benelli listed as a double barell on the back . Before i get a chance to chat to the local guard another two licences arrive . One with correct expiry but still benelli double barell on the back and the other with correct date etc. but the details of my old gun on it :mad::mad::mad: .
    The date is a misprint and a new license with the correct date should be issued automatically within a week or so.
    Is there any way of contacting the licence printing people so I can put them straight and get one licence with the correct details on it or do I have to go through the local FAO again ?
    Go to your FO. They issue the authorisation to print.
    And whats the legal position at the moment regarding the licence I have ? The serial number and all other details are correct , It's just the description thats wrong on it .
    On the very technical end it's a license for a gun you don't have so basically possession of an unlicensed firearm. contact your FO, get the re0issue with correct date, and details. Should take no more than 2 weeks so you'll have it for the start of the season. In the meantime try to limit the use of the gun, and if you do bring it out carry all licenses with you.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Ezridax wrote: »
    The date is a misprint and a new license with the correct date should be issued automatically within a week or so.
    Go to your FO. They issue the authorisation to print.
    On the very technical end it's a license for a gun you don't have so basically possession of an unlicensed firearm. contact your FO, get the re0issue with correct date, and details. Should take no more than 2 weeks so you'll have it for the start of the season. In the meantime try to limit the use of the gun, and if you do bring it out carry all licenses with you.

Solid advice there.

Advertisement