Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Range Salami\Pepperoni

Options
  • 18-08-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi - anyone know of an Irish free-range pepperoni or salami? I've been pointed towards Gubbeen smokehouse but I don't think it's free-range? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Have a read of this. Sounds pretty free range to me.
    And I can say that their products are very very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Thanks for that. In fairness to them, I think their own pigs are pretty free range in as much as the climate permits but I actually need the pepperoni\salami for a food business and I need to be able to say it's 'officially' free-range. I think (according to that link, at least) Gubbeen source some of their pork outside their own piggery so that might be why it's not strictly free-range, but thanks for the info anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sparkman wrote: »
    Thanks for that. In fairness to them, I think their own pigs are pretty free range in as much as the climate permits but I actually need the pepperoni\salami for a food business and I need to be able to say it's 'officially' free-range. I think (according to that link, at least) Gubbeen source some of their pork outside their own piggery so that might be why it's not strictly free-range, but thanks for the info anyway.

That seem to be the case alright.
    Might be worth have chat with him though.
    He doesn't strike me as a bullsh1ter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Free range doesn't have any legal weight in regard to Pigs.
    With poultry yes, free range has a legal definition but not with pork.
    Its not like calling something Organic where you have to document it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

If you do difnd any, can you post and let us know? I'd love to be able to buy proper free range salami.

Theres a distinct lack of free range/organic pork produce around. Unless you want ot order a €100 box or something. Which isnt really suitable for 2 people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement