Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football in East End

Options
  • 18-08-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Anyone here play football on a Saturday/Sunday league?
    I'm looking for a game at the weekend and wondering does anyone know any teams looking for players. Usually play right back but can really slot in anywhere. Nothing too much standard wise needed, something decent with a few pints after will do:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Bluezar wrote: »
    I'm looking for a game at the weekend and wondering does anyone know any teams looking for players. Usually play right back but can really slot in anywhere. Nothing too much standard wise needed, something decent with a few pints after will do:)
    I don't Bluezar, but will be keeping an eye on the thread.. The OH has been looking unsuccessfully for the past year.. Might be stuff on the Wanstead Flats but it's already organised teams, not a kick about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Bluezar wrote: »

I was googling for you and I found a really interesting site in the process. On Fubles.com you can find and organise social football games in London.

I'd be very interested to see how you get on with it if you do look that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul1

I would be into football also - hackney area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, I've started playing soccer here in the last week, although it might be a bit further east than the OP had intended. Standard is ok (some decent footballers but training is just a kickabout, so nothing too serious). Matches will be Sundays and home pitch is seven kings park iirc. Ill be talking to the lads on Wednesday so ill post back here with more info. Oh and they're called Lakeview FC I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

A bit far, but something nonetheles! Welll if anything pops up in the Leytonstone/Wanstead area do post back! Could do with getting my lovely dear boyf out playing football instead of watching it on telly!

Here's a gumtree ad: http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/footballers-wanted/110068860
    Too formal a set up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement