Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

octopuss 2

• 18-08-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi can anyone tell me if an axle of a suzuki carry van or jimny would do for a trike conversion for a yamaha virago 400 and where would you pick one up .thanks in advance if you can help me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i'd say it would be no trouble to it having seen the abuse that they get when offroading. tip across to www.4xforum.net, register there and ask for an axle over there. there is a lot of suzuki heads over there and most if not all would have a samurai or 410 rear axle (i'm on there as serious3, same as here) register as octopuss2 and i'll approve you asap:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

The links in this thread might be useful for you in your conversion if you haven't seen them already

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056710298

• Registered Users Posts: 5 octopuss 2

thanks serious3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

If you ask a question on any of the forums at btwireland.com, btwukonline.co.uk or britchopper.co.uk, you should find some useful and knowledgeable answers when it comes to trike building. There's a guy on the btwuk forum who calls himself Thunderace, he's an engineer and serial trike-builder - really knows his stuff, is pretty good at replying promptly and has helped me more than once with technical stuff. Those forums are free to join, but you'll need to register first. The btwireland one is worth checking out in terms of the legal and insurance requirements for registering a trike in Ireland - I strongly recommend you check that stuff out before you start building or even buying parts, as it's not as easy/straightforward as in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 octopuss 2

thanks mr chips i will check out what you said before i go any further .

• Advertisement
Advertisement