Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has you pet dine recently that has made you happy!?

• 18-08-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

I have cooked a roast chicken : my annual roast chicken. The dog has sat to attention salivating at the cooker door for the past hour. She has now dragged in a tree post ( six foot) INTO the kitchen & dropped it at my feet... I think she wants a " fair swap" !

What has your pet done recently that has made you smile ! : )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lol that's a good one, deffo deserves a bit of chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Our year old Donkey beating up on our 17hh Stallion, then using him as a scratching post, by leaning on him and walking all way around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Bertie kitten has found a new odd place to sleep (on the window sill).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My dog normally hates water. He'll go for a paddle, but anything past the knees he doesn't like.

So we took him out to the Marina today (by Pairc ui Chaoimh). There's a big pond there with lots of water birds. Dog chases some ducks right into the pond and starts swimming after them!!

Hubby & I were too gobsmacked to even call the dog or go after him. All of a sudden he turned back, climbed on the bank, shook himself off and trotted on as pleased as Punch! :D

Wasn't so happy that he had a bath as soon as he got home as he absolutely hummed...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

My cat sleeps or snoozes in the bathroom sink......it must be the coolness or if not that what on earth could it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Well, I don't know if it made me happy, but it certainly made me laugh...

Last weekend heading to the beach, I had 2 guest dogs along with my own pair and I had the large crate in the back of my OHs small van. It fits in quite snugly so it made sense to put 2 in the crate and the other two would sit behind it. Our two guests jumped up and straight into the crate so I closed it and my two jumped in behind it. I went back in to grab my jacket and phone and by the time I got back out Coco had managed to burrow her way up the side of the crate and was sitting in the passenger seat with a look on her face that almost said "do you REALLY think I would sit in the back"??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Bought my dog a new bed for the bedroom floor. She used to use the human beds and dig up the duvet and get under. But she's getting old, she's slowing down on walks, and may even have a bit of arthritis as she sometimes limps. So I dont want her jumping up on beds. So she now has her own bed on the floor.

I've been trying to train her to get off the human beds and use her own. Its been working. But she will watch me until I go to sleep and then jump up and join me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Well one of them got 2nd prize in the 'best rescue dog' category yesterday at the local dog show, I was so happy, my husband said I actually jumped up and down when the lady came over with the rosette, I think I might have squealed a bit too :o - Lily was unfazed of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

All my training with Jazz paid off yesterday when she had a great run in an agility competition and we finally won up to grade 3 :D

Apparently as she came out of the weaves perfectly ( a obstacle she really struggles with) I told her she was brilliant lol

I'm pretty sure I screamed in delight the loudest of everyone running there yesterday when we finished our run!

She got to play with all her frisbees at once as her reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Fred has learned that when I put his smelly towel across my lap he's going to get brushed and he comes flying over, buries his face under the chair (noone likes gettin the stickies done!) and cocks his backside up to me for a good scratch with the brush! Comical when he does it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

_Lady_ wrote: »
    Fred has learned that when I put his smelly towel across my lap he's going to get brushed and he comes flying over, buries his face under the chair (noone likes gettin the stickies done!) and cocks his backside up to me for a good scratch with the brush! Comical when he does it!

Wish mine would do this:D I mention the word brush and he throws a disgusted look at me and walks away into another room:rolleyes:

Yup the puppy dog eyes combined with a withering look is serious!!

I have cooked a roast chicken : my annual roast chicken. The dog has sat to attention salivating at the cooker door for the past hour. She has now dragged in a tree post ( six foot) INTO the kitchen & dropped it at my feet... I think she wants a " fair swap" !

What has your pet done recently that has made you smile ! : )
    yup surely that was reasonable!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

My comedy award of the week has to go to Snoop our dobie. Reason one (not quite made me happy, but I must admit I did laugh a little...)... We recently moved house and we now have sliding glass doors into the garden - he hasn't quite gotten the hang of them yet and twice has run head first into them (we've now drawn on the glass to make it more visible to him)

Reason two... Today when I got home from work my partner had made a video of him playing with a balloon, he's such a gentle oaf, he was mouthing it for ages before it popped, at which point he just lay there looking at his empty paws in bafflement!... Adorable!!!
    528145_4006813961579_1200496700_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Well one of them got 2nd prize in the 'best rescue dog' category yesterday at the local dog show, I was so happy, my husband said I actually jumped up and down when the lady came over with the rosette, I think I might have squealed a bit too :o - Lily was unfazed of course!

You were there?! Lexi came third in prettiest female :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The cat loves to get up high as cats do and she snoozes on the oil tank. It must be warm with the sun heating the plastic.

Wasn't impressed when the oil delivery truck arrived, hissed at the guy :o

There are oil tanks being emptied by thiefs around Ireland, she can guard ours! It's her new job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Both my cats tend to 'guard' me at night on the weeks when Mr Pumpkinseeds is on nights. Normally one won't tolerate the other being on the bed at the same time, but on the weeks when my husband is on nights they stay on the bed most of the night with me, one on either side of the bed(or between my ankles). One of my cats likes to wake me for breakfast by sitting on my pillow, purring in my ear and nibbling my hair. The other strokes my face with a paw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We know when rufus is saying goodnight to us when he comes over to both trying to get up on the couch. When he sees he is not going to be allowed up, he runs to his bed and like a narcoleptic, we reckon he is asleep as soon as he hits the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

The OH had a debilitating migraine about two weeks ago and was curled up on the sofa in the living room with an ice pack on his head barely able to move. Normally Frodo gets up and follows anyone when they leave the room (for fear he might miss out on treats or something) but that night he dragged the teddy he has out of his crate and lay his head on it right beside the couch that the OH was curled up on. He didnt move all night, except to raise his head every once and a while to gently lick the OH's hand. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

I was missing a full day the other day, that night Clio jumped up on the bed in the middle of the night after i gt back. I woke up in the middle of the night lying on my stomach with my arm stretched out. She was curled up between my arm and my torso, with her head asleep on my back, i laughed to myself haf asleep half awake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Peach was sitting on the stairs last night staring at me through the bars, so I said 'you creep'. She then meowed at me as if to say how dare you, She also started growling like mad this morning and zoomed to the front of the house where I saw the post van pulling away. She was chasing away the post woman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My puppy is 15 weeks and I'm trying to get her to walk on the lead. Her tactic is to just lie down and she won't even move for treats. However last night I got her to actually walk around the house on the lead and this morning her was walking (albeit grudgingly) around the front garden. I'm actually so proud I could burst :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Before leaving Korea, my wife and I were living with the in-laws for about a month with our dog. My Korean father in law hates dogs with a passion and our Bichon would take the longest route possible to get around him in whatever room he was in as she could sense it. One day while the father in law was out, our dog peed all over his bed :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

We have a cat who is so fussy with food. He will only eat fish flavoured cat food. I don't know how he knows the difference but he does. Normally eats whiskas or felix, anything fishy. We get any box on offer to save money as they're normally between 4 - 6 euro. But it all adds up and he could eat two boxes a week.

My sister bought him a fancy packet of cat food at the pet shop a few weeks ago. It was fish flavoured but he still stuck up his nose at it. It was almost a euro.

But during the week I was in aldi and bought him a packet of salmon cat food. At 24cent, it was worth a try. Fed it to him awhile ago and he spent 10 minutes licking his lips. So happy I can save on cat food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    You were there?! Lexi came third in prettiest female :-)

Funnily enough we were going to go for prettiest female but were just a tad too late I think - did you see a mad woman in a white hat jumping up and down? That was me....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

God where do I start? There's just too many stories with my dog. He's a pure character.
    When he was a pup a friend of ours called to the house, the same man isn't a fan of dogs in a house they should be outside yada yada yada. So my pup is more or less house trained, he picked it up very fast. This guy strolls in, grunts at the dog & starts chatting. Within a few minutes my dog went over sniffing & proceeded to pee on his shoe. I like to think that it was his way of showing our visitor his attitude wasn't appreciated!
    When I had a miscarriage he didn't leave my side. Considering he's as mad as a bag of frogs this was something to behold. It's like he knew I was suffering so he kept watch & gave me a nudge of a wet nose or a lick on the face to let me know he's always there. I can't explain how good this made me feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

With the humidity at night over the past month we've been alternating between two duvets, a feather one and a cheap foam one, depending on the humidity. Each time we swap the duvets we leave the spare duvet folded up on a spare bed. One of my cats found it on the first day and curls up on it for the day in a sun spot. I looked in at him the other evening and he had both front paws up over his face covering his eyes like a ballerina pirouetting. I couldn't help a smile and a giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

not feeling the best for a while now I know dogs pick up on this. my jrt is stuck to me like glue.
    Gave him a treat friday after a few mins he jumped up on my lap put the treat on my chest and licked my face like he was sayin "this ones for you"
    I smiled then i cried...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Recently i was cleaning out some drawers in my room and my cat sprinkles hopped up into one and fell asleep. So i decided to make one a little bed for him.... now he never gets out of it :) Really made me smile!

sprinklessleep.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Had a migraine myself last weekend after playin football went into bed not even able to get under the covers, In comes gypsy our border collie/lurcher cross in beside me up on the bed licking me and moaning at me every so often to get up lol, (and she has no taken to waiting outside the bathroom even for me )

Advertisement