Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

peace be with you

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I find the shaking hands part much less gross than the 'thirty people drink wine out of the same cup' part. :eek:

Tis grand sure, the priest wipes it with his hanky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Never mind Mass. Look at Nadal during a tennis match and then they shake hands at the net afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

babymanval wrote: »
    'Never bothered you before!

What do mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

What is with those people that go out of their way to shake everyone's hand within a 10 foot radius? People in front of them, people beside them, people behind them. Is that supposed to make me think you're Gandhi or something? I actually think you're a cúnt, now turn around before I fookin nut ya! :mad:

Yes, avoiding Mass has helped my anger issues.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

girl2 wrote: »
    They've stopped doing this in a lot of the masses that I have been to - over the last couple of years…they used bird flu as the excuse.

I think that was just up here in the North were they stopped it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

cena wrote: »
    I hate when I hear this come during mass. Just I hate not knowing where peoples hands have been.

Shouldn't you be asking yourself what the fcuk you are doing at mass anyway in this day and age?:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

It's a nice, friendly gesture. If the same people were handing you a cheque with their other hand, you'd have no reservations about where they've been.

Kurz wrote: »
    It's a nice, friendly gesture. If the same people were handing you a cheque with their other hand, you'd have no reservations about where they've been.

Of course not. Because money > religion!

Agricola wrote: »
    Of course not. Because money > religion!

Don't you mean money>hygiene>religion?

• Advertisement

Kurz wrote: »
    Don't you mean money>hygiene>religion?

Money > everything

Agricola wrote: »
    Money > everything

It's very tempting at this point to start with questions like "Would you do [particular sex act] with [close relation] for [large amount of money]?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

It's good for building immunity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Hand sanitiser OP. After you shake hands with people whip that out and don't hide the fact that you're cleaning your hands with it either.
    This will have the effect of disinfecting your hands with the added bonus that word will quickly spread of the neurotic germophobe in the congregation and you'll find far fewer people will actually want to shake hands with you in future. Win-win.

I was at a relatives funeral a while back and the day was almost ruined because I had to shake hands with lots of people and I had left my hand sanitiser at home.

Advertisement