Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting results rechecked

Options
  • 18-08-2012 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭

Just wondering what's the procedure. Do you even get to see your script like the LC students???? Is there any point since most of the results don't matter??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't get to see your script.
    It's been a while since anyone in our school looked for a recheck at Junior, but from what I remember the Principal writes a letter supporting your request.
    Whether it's worth it or not, that's up to the individual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

spurious wrote: »
    You don't get to see your script.
    It's been a while since anyone in our school looked for a recheck at Junior, but from what I remember the Principal writes a letter supporting your request.
    Whether it's worth it or not, that's up to the individual.
    Thanks. It's sorta unfair that u dont get to see your script.So this means, for example, u could have barely scraped a B, think u got an A, get it rechecked and go down to a C??? Well at least 6 out of the 10 subjects I do don't matter so as long as I get at least a B (want an A) in the 4 core subjects you're sorted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's purely logistical on the scripts. It would cost an absolute fortune to deliver so many to so many centres.

By far the most common errors are totting errors which can result in quite dramatic grade changes, where they have occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Silver_Tiger

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Just wondering what's the procedure. Do you even get to see your script like the LC students???? Is there any point since most of the results don't matter??

You don't get to see the papers but I'm sure you'll have no need :cool::D

Advertisement