Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Science Book

• 18-08-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a sports science book to read for a beginner in this area?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What do you hope to get out of it?!

The first couple of the NSCA Essentials of Strength and Conditioning manual are excellent from a physiological standpoint. The Paleo Solution is a fantastic over view of diet. And despite the amount of crap he talks, Starting Strength is a great introduction to the barbell lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭BigProblem

Hanley wrote: »
    What do you hope to get out of it?!

The first couple of the NSCA Essentials of Strength and Conditioning manual are excellent from a physiological standpoint. The Paleo Solution is a fantastic over view of diet. And despite the amount of crap he talks, Starting Strength is a great introduction to the barbell lifts.

just about diet, what should I eat and not eat to maintain a healthy diet while working out. I head to gym a couple of times a week and am interested in building up muscle and toning my stomach.

Thanks for your reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

BigProblem wrote: »
    just about diet, what should I eat and not eat to maintain a healthy diet while working out. I head to gym a couple of times a week and am interested in building up muscle and toning my stomach.

Thanks for your reply

Eat meat and veg, nuts and seeds, fruit, a small bit of starch and little or no sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

BigProblem wrote: »

Thanks for your reply

Here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963342

would be the best place to start.

Advertisement