Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Tipp US GI finally remembered

Options
  • 18-08-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just back from the ceremony for Pte Edmund Brunnock, finally recognised for his service in the Great War. It was picked up by the Irish Independent, which is nice to see. Its is a beautiful setting beside a little stream and the weather was beautiful.
    Photos are just up, more to come on the Royal British Legion's facebook page here;
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4101134218186&set=a.4101121617871.156605.1577862054&type=1&theater

Many thanks for the courteous reception and hospitality to all concerned. A funny aside...I had my camera on a tall headstone overlooking all the proceedings, when the Priest mentioned Pte Brunnock's name it fell off the headstone and did not record the event. When I got home my doorbell went berserk on its own and wound not switch off, I had to plug it out. It never happened before.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Advertisement