Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you improve the human body ( if you were "the maker" )

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Better designed lower backs,no menstrual cycle, no diseases like MS and cancer and anything in between. Skin that doesn't burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

To be like Wolverine. Recover instantly from any wound and have unbreakable bones. That'd be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

As was said - controlled ovulation.

Some mammals already have induced ovulation (cats) but I would go further and say induced ovulation that requires a specific act by both the male and the female.

This would remove the risk of unplanned pregnancy and share the power to control pregnancy with both partners as well as increasing the likelyhood of getting pregnant when desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Definitely less body hair. No more pubes, hairy backs, legs, chests, unruly eyebrows. And that's just the women :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rock hard teeth that can withstand our modern sugar and processed-food filled diet would be good.
    or how about constant replacement of teeth like cold blooded animals.

Mena wrote: »
    Eating and breathing through the same orrofice, stupid evolution.
    though the voice box is kinda handy for speech

only humans and other primates, bats and guinea pigs need vitamin C

more internal support for our guts, would not like to wear a truss

sort out the blind spot in our eyes

give us mantis shrimp vision

the ability to survive on grass like the Gildea Baboons

limb and organ regeneration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Give women testicles so they wouldn't be as mad.

Obviously you'd stick them inside to retain the aesthetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How would you improve the human body ( if you were "the maker" )

Limbs that regrow if severed, built in anti cancer cells, telescopic vision + night vision, regenerative organs, self limiting nail growth, a natual abilty to swim like a dog (without lessons), being able to run backwards at speed :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

get rid of the need to pee. Its so bloody annoying when you have a tiny bladder like mine having to put the laptop down, get off the sofa and go all the way down the hall to the bathroom. Annoys me every hour or so.

Not so sure that the accidental pregnancy should be wiped out altogether though as then I wouldn't have my older brother, younger brother or little sister! I would be an only child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Retractable male genitals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

An ould RS-232 port so i wouldnt have to type or look at the screen. Could just put a cable in the back of me head and lay down with my eyes closed to do a bit of coding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

eth0 wrote: »
    An ould RS-232 port so i wouldnt have to type or look at the screen. Could just put a cable in the back of me head and lay down with my eyes closed to do a bit of coding

Balls to that, I want bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Stomachs that stay flat instead of bloating after eating wheat/dairy/spice or whatever the feck increases the need for an Activiarhhhh yogurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

ball joints! wtf its with all the hinge joints!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Greater control of the penis.

What you can't draw positions from the Karma Sutra with a pencil tied to the end of yours ???:eek:

You poor bastard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Like some sort of tentacle?
    No. Like not getting a hardon at awkward times would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Retractable male genitals.

I dunno about you but I'd rather my bits hang around freely then look like an anatomically incorrect action man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

- Immunity to colds, hay fever, every major disease.

- Non-decaying and indestructible teeth, regardless of diet.

- No acne, sunburn, eczema, stab/bullet proof skin, at the same time feeling like normal skin.

- Ability to breathe underwater!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Am I the only person on boards right now? I'm gonna wreck the place if left unattended :eek:

*edit...I should be temp banned to avoid this from happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

LaVail wrote: »
    Am I the only person on boards right now? I'm gonna wreck the place if left unattended :eek:

*edit...I should be temp banned to avoid this from happening.

I'm here. I noticed you commented on the last 4 of the threads in the my threads tab. But they're all ****e threads so work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I'm here. I noticed you commented on the last 4 of the threads in the my threads tab. But they're all ****e threads so work away.

Someone's gotta keep this show on the road...am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

well your not wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Lol at the suggestion of male periods. You think the world is violent now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xephon1

Would make the skin tougher, I mean what other mammal in the entire world gets a fking paper cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

Super hearing and x-ray eyes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

No more menstruation please. Never had or will have any use for my uterus so they're completely unnecessary for me and for other women who are child free by choice. It would also mean no more goddamn period pain every month.

Make the birth canal bigger so that for those who choose to reproduce the birth process is easier.

Remove hair follicles under my arms, on my legs, or around my bikini area so I never have to shave or wax again. I HATE (sporadically) removing body hair. It's a real PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

i give us extendable arms so we can scratch our own backs

But most of us can do that already? :confused: there's nowhere on my back I can't reach with my own hands when I need to scratch and I'm not double jointed or super flexible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Cienciano wrote: »
    Balls on the inside, orgasm lasting 5 minutes.

A pigs orgasm actually lasts 30 mins. That would be even better. :D
    In addition a button to switch off your mind to relax would be nice

And a mute button for women. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The ability to turn off and on your sense of smell. Imagine the benefits - public toilets, farts, sewage smells on street, strangers bad breath/BO on public transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

The ability to turn off and on your sense of smell. Imagine the benefits - public toilets, farts, sewage smells on street, strangers bad breath/BO on public transport.

You do have that ability, you get use to a smell and you don't smell it any more. I use to work in an abattoir in the gut house, when I first went in, I gagged, then after about 15 mins i didn't notice the smell anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

gills

• Advertisement

The ability to change sex. A couple could take turns giving birth and be poly-sexual in gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Colmustard wrote: »
    The ability to change sex. A couple could take turns giving birth and be poly-sexual in gender.

Eh you'd want to throw in "change sexual orientation" along with that. Otherwise I think that would break a lot of people up!

But I wouldn't be for that. I like being a guy too much :D

1ZRed wrote: »
    Eh you'd want to throw in "change sexual orientation" along with that. Otherwise I think that would break a lot of people up!

But I wouldn't be for that. I like being a guy too much :D

Ohh I would like to be a woman for a while, I would play with myself all day.

And yeah I will reprogramme the internal medical nano-bots to make those orientation changes as well at will.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    A pigs orgasm actually lasts 30 mins. That would be even better. :D

Taking danger **** to a new level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I can actually do this. If I get a wiff of something nasty I can shut my nose off handsfree and not smell until I want to again.

gills

Yeah I would like gills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Sh1te to come out wrapped in little plastic bags like those posh firelighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The ability to learn things like Neo in The Matrix. Just pop in the cable, load the program and all of a sudden you know Kung Fu. It'd be really handy and save a lot of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Colmustard wrote: »
    You do have that ability, you get use to a smell and you don't smell it any more. I use to work in an abattoir in the gut house, when I first went in, I gagged, then after about 15 mins i didn't notice the smell anymore.
    Indeed, it's actually a dangerous phenomenon in some circumstances. Hydrogen sulphide gas in slurry pits is extremely toxic and foul smelling but it quickly blocks the smell receptors. Sense of smell is an important warning signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

To be able to eat as much chocolate, sweets, cake etc as ya want and never get fat

For people to be unable to lie, steal, cheat, inflict pain etc and generally be assholes without spontaneously combusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

humbert wrote: »
    Balls to that, I want bluetooth.

I knew someone with a blue tooth, it only gave them hassle and they had to get it taken out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Hersheys wrote: »

And also men should have periods too.

How is that an improvement? Congratulations on having the dumbest post in a thread chock-full of dumb posts

Mena wrote: »
    Eating and breathing through the same orrofice, stupid evolution.

Gills for all.

Gills don't work on land, genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd make our genes indestructible so all new cells would be carbon copies of the last ones eliminating ageing. Also turn back on the genes that allow us to regrow bit's of our body.

Little else needs to be changed the human body is pretty awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

sort out the blind spot in our eyes

That's pretty much already done, by having two eyes...

J.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd make our genes indestructible so all new cells would be carbon copies of the last ones eliminating ageing. Also turn back on the genes that allow us to regrow bit's of our body.

This.
    Apart from ageing we're a masterpiece of evolution (well, I am anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

ScumLord wrote: »

If our genes were indestructable, i.e. fixed, we'd never evolve regrowing limbs or any other new traits.
    But having just seen the channel 4 ad for paralympics my thought was also limbs that regrow, organs that repair, spinal cord that regrows.
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »
    This.
    Apart from ageing we're a masterpiece of evolution (well, I am anyway)
    Well interesting - is ageing in our genes or is it environmental ?

If our genes were indestructable, i.e. fixed, we'd never evolve regrowing limbs or any other new traits.
    Evolution isn't restricted to damaged genes getting passed on. There's still survival of the fitest and gene mixing through reproduction. I'd say those factors have a much larger impact on evolution than the off chance a damaged gene sequence will have beneficial side effects rather than good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Gills don't work on land, genius

yeah but if your are the maker you could make this happen.

yeah but if your are the maker you could make this happen.
    Gills have a specific function though, it would be like telling dewalt that they should make they're power drills cameras because they're the designers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement