Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you improve the human body ( if you were "the maker" )

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Azhrei wrote: »
    Well, that's a strong reaction! Why not?

I like my nipples... they're... sensitive....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

I like my nipples... they're... sensitive....

Fair enough, I withdraw that one! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

They are painful enough coming in the first time.
    Either way they would still have to come out.

What im saying is that when your teeth first grow there your baby teeth then they naturally fall out and new ones grow underneath,what would be better and more of an advancement would be if this happened every ten - twenty years,that way we wouldnt have our teeth age badly need to go to dentists for PAINFUL extractions which can kill..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

Of all the things that could possibly be improved, why can I only come up with with Wolverine claws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Abolish the scrotum: it's a weak spot, it looks like a pulsating brain thing and it gets in the way. A mickey that can retract like the landing gear on a Learjet.

Ladies should lay eggs, none of this nine month nonsense. The egg gets laid the morning after fertilisation, you throw it in a mini lagging jacket and put it next to the hot water tank until it hatches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Colmustard wrote: »
    Xray eyes because I am a perv.

Yeah, let's see them rib cages and funny bones, phwoar! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kowloon wrote: »
    Abolish the scrotum: it's a weak spot, it looks like a pulsating brain thing

Um....dare I even ask.....your's pulsates !?!??!!?!!!? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    You know that will happen if you go outside once in a while

I'd never have guessed.

I do a lot of running and would have stronger leg muscles than the average joe, but I can only develop them so far.

What'd be nice, hypothetically, would be if we could go beyond that limit and make walking or running viable methods for travelling relatively long distances, instead of having to rely on machines.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I would make our teeth grow back every ten twenty years so we wouldnt have to go through painful extractions which could even risk our lives..
    Everything apart from mammals have teeth that constantly regrow.

twinytwo wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are outside the body for a reason.... also its been proven that a good kick in the nuts is more painfull than child birth. Something to do with the number of pain recepters or something.
    Supposedly for cooling
    Again that's a mammal thing, everything else and many mammals like the aquatic ones and marsupials have them internally.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Even in endurance running there are plenty of animals that will out pace us
    ultra running
    http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/moxiepix/b3_1487.gif 188 miles in 24 hours

Urine would come out solid, and could be stored is a special pocket on the body. It can then simple be disposed of with when convenient ( therefore no running around Galway City looking for a loo ).
    Reptiles and birds do this

would be cool if we could hibernate and store up time that way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The longest observed distance for a wolf travelling for a day* was 150 miles. I note that the ladies record is 149 miles. Any record if there was any connection? :D

*that was in just over 12 hours of daylight mind you...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Some kind of telekinesis for getting the remote without having to move off your couch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Colmustard wrote: »
    Some kind of telekinesis for getting the remote without having to move off your couch.
    like TV's with voice recognition ?

The longest observed distance for a wolf travelling for a day* was 150 miles
    good thing we can throw stones and climb trees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Peetrik wrote: »
    Fix whatever on men that causes that wild, unpredictable sprinkler effect for the first trip to the jacks in the morning
    Stop playing with yourself so much at night.
    Azhrei wrote: »
    1. Less need to eat, we need a ridiculous amount every day.
    No we don't, we need a ridiculously tiny amount of food to survive. I'm always amazed by how much energy we can extract from food. Not really us Europeans but people from other parts of the world can work twice as hard as us on barely half the food.
    The longest observed distance for a wolf travelling for a day* was 150 miles. I note that the ladies record is 149 miles. Any record if there was any connection? :D
    Humans have them matched to a point, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarahumara_people#Athletic_prowess
    200 miles in one season, it's over a two day period but the terrain is more than likely much rougher than what wolves would be travelling, in fact I'd say in they're particular environment that human tribe could take routes wolves couldn't and leave the quadrupeds for dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Um....dare I even ask.....your's pulsates !?!??!!?!!!? :eek::eek:

Yours doesn't?

Advertisement