Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI TO ROI

Options
  • 18-08-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I'm a Vodafone Customer living in Dundalk and I have recently started a course in Newry. In order to receive a call I have to have credit otherwise it won't work? Is there anyway around this?

Can I still use my free texts from Newry to Dundalk as usual or will i be docked credit for every text I receive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I'm a Vodafone Customer living in Dundalk and I have recently started a course in Newry. In order to receive a call I have to have credit otherwise it won't work? Is there anyway around this?

Get credit, you have to get some eventually anyway!
    Can I still use my free texts from Newry to Dundalk as usual or will i be docked credit for every text I receive?

You'll be charged per text.

Mobiles companies like ripping off people in border areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

ardmacha wrote: »
    Get credit, you have to get some eventually anyway!

You'll be charged per text.

Mobiles companies like ripping off people in border areas.

If I got a Northern phone and topped it up by whatever free texts cost up north will I still get charged for texting someone down South?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If I got a Northern phone and topped it up by whatever free texts cost up north will I still get charged for texting someone down South?

You will be charged in general. There might exist some deal somewhere, but if you find one tell us.

If you are in somewhere with wi-fi you could use a smart phone and an app (like Cabbage) to access your webtexts. Do not use the Vodafone network for this or they'll help themselves to even more of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Move over to three. i think there is no roaming if you use the three uk network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

snaps wrote: »
    Move over to three. i think there is no roaming if you use the three uk network.

Not true. They still charge you for every text as if you didn't have free texts.

Get a 2nd fone with an 02 sim and get the Ireland Bolt on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Not true. They still charge you for every text as if you didn't have free texts.

Get a 2nd fone with an 02 sim and get the Ireland Bolt on.
    They don't if you are on prepay, or some bill pay plans.
    They have a roaming agreement with other three networks called "three like home".
    This means that you can use your phone exactly like you would at home, including free minutes, texts and internet.

I have it and I have used it a lot. It works.

http://apps.three.ie/roaming/pages/display/three-like-home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

mathew wrote: »
    They don't if you are on prepay, or some bill pay plans.
    They have a roaming agreement with other three networks called "three like home".
    This means that you can use your phone exactly like you would at home, including free minutes, texts and internet.

I have it and I have used it a lot. It works.

http://apps.three.ie/roaming/pages/display/three-like-home

Oh? Thanks for that!

Advertisement