Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPREAD YOUR SUBJECT WISDOM TO US 5TH YEARS!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I used www.rookie.com for some of the personal writing questions. Then vanity fair and irish times for their editorials and serious articles.
    This website was a godsend too, its a really good blog about leaving cert english http://leavingcertenglish.net/

I got mock papers at pastpapers.ie
    Thanks so much.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

-Well...What I advise for Chemistry is learn the experiments really well! You'll basically have your exam nearly passed then:P Keep on top of it - try not to miss classes because then you will be lost...Also don't leave out organic chemistry - it is a big part of the course and guaranteed to come up:P Also practice the calculations! Most of them are not difficult but practice makes perfect, right?:p

-Biology is basically about studying. You just have to know your stuff:)

-Art - what can I say? Learn your history if you want an A and practise drawing for the life drawings as you don't have much time - especially the full pose..

- German - what I did before my oral was that I actually spoke german to my family even though they didn't have a clue what I was saying haha...just a way to practice the accent and stuff...I also listened to a lot of german podcasts. For the written you just have to know your vocab for all the different topics that could come up and also grammar

- English - my love <3 haha...study your notes! I had my comparative essays ready and read over them and highlighted the most important points...

Can't speak about maths cause that was my worst subject haha

- Geography - once again - just learn your stuff:)

Gosh...I'm so glad I'm done :P Good luck to you all next year/ or the year after that...

To tell you the truth I did a lot of crammin and wish I did start studying earlier so just don't make that mistake of thinking that you're gonna have a lot of time to study 2years worth of info a few weeks before the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

Schonie wrote: »
    -Well...What I advise for Chemistry is learn the experiments really well! You'll basically have your exam nearly passed then:P Keep on top of it - try not to miss classes because then you will be lost...Also don't leave out organic chemistry - it is a big part of the course and guaranteed to come up:P Also practice the calculations! Most of them are not difficult but practice makes perfect, right?:p

-Biology is basically about studying. You just have to know your stuff:)

-Art - what can I say? Learn your history if you want an A and practise drawing for the life drawings as you don't have much time - especially the full pose..

- German - what I did before my oral was that I actually spoke german to my family even though they didn't have a clue what I was saying haha...just a way to practice the accent and stuff...I also listened to a lot of german podcasts. For the written you just have to know your vocab for all the different topics that could come up and also grammar

- English - my love <3 haha...study your notes! I had my comparative essays ready and read over them and highlighted the most important points...

Can't speak about maths cause that was my worst subject haha

- Geography - once again - just learn your stuff:)

Gosh...I'm so glad I'm done :P Good luck to you all next year/ or the year after that...

To tell you the truth I did a lot of crammin and wish I did start studying earlier so just don't make that mistake of thinking that you're gonna have a lot of time to study 2years worth of info a few weeks before the exam
    Thanks so much.! Yeah I learned not to cram in the junior cert the hard way!! Hahah thanks a bunch.!!!

Advertisement