Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping centre retail space

Options
  • 18-08-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi i am in the early stages of an idea which involves a product that i think will be a big hit, however i need cheap retail space but with a large passing trade. My first idea is that a small retail unit/stall in a shopping centre around Dublin would be perfect, you know the units in the centre of the "street" in liffey valley sc or Dundrum town centre?
    Anyone have any ideas how much such a unit would cost in the lead up to christmas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

These are quite expensive especially in run up to Christmas.

In a centre like Liffey Valley, the going rate at the peak was about €30,000 for the 8 weeks leading to Christmas, though my guess is that has dropped to about €20,000

Another option would be to approach a retailer about having a "concession" within their store, but it really would depend on the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paulnoone

Dun Laoghaire shopping centre (the original one in the main St.) were offering units on a 1 year lease from €100 per week. There are (or at least were) quite a few empty units there and this was an incentive to try to fill the place. Could be a good place to try out your product.

Paul

P.s what is it!!!

Advertisement