Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger Van

Options
  • 18-08-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone here have any experience of setting up a burger van business. Is it much hassle and what kind of permits and licenses would you need. food hygiene etc.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

There is good information on the website of the Food Safety Authority on setting up a food business. As you would expect, there is a lot of regulation in this area. http://www.fsai.ie/food_businesses/starting_business.html

You need to apply to your local authority to sell as a casual trader.

You need to make an annual tax return to the Revenue Commissioners.

There is a lot of competition in the business. If you want to make living out of it, you need to be at large events like sports and concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Orbitaal wrote: »
    Does anyone here have any experience of setting up a burger van business. Is it much hassle and what kind of permits and licenses would you need. food hygiene etc.
    thanks

Hi Orbitaal, I'm thinking about entering this area myself- did you go through the process afterwards? If so, could you give me any information.- would be greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You will be waiting, he has not been on here since August last year! That is danger of raising a zombie thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

miss_daisy wrote: »
    Hi Orbitaal, I'm thinking about entering this area myself- did you go through the process afterwards? If so, could you give me any information.- would be greatly appreciated!

I run a Sushi and Noodle Mobile . How can I help you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

You will be waiting, he has not been on here since August last year! That is danger of raising a zombie thread!

I agree . I offered help but this thread is now dead as a Dodo, Anyone else thinking of doing something ..... keeping thinking

• Advertisement
Advertisement