Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Return foundation?

• 18-08-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I splashed out today and bought the new YSL Touché éclat foundation in boots Liffey valley. Shade looked fantastic in store but not so good under natural light. Am so disappointed. Do you think they will replace it with another shade? I have looked at the YSL website, but doesn't say anything about cosmetic returns.
    What are my chances? Am hoping because the sales assistant selected the shade for me rather than me picking it up, it might make s difference!
    Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

If you've used it, then chances are slim of getting a refund even with a receipt, because they won't be able to resell a used product.

You might get a staff member who would exchange it, but when I returned a MAC foundation (unopened, box barely touched) the staff member made a big deal of opening/checking the bottle and making sure I hadn't used it or "contaminated" it. I was given the wrong foundation (asked for Select, given Studio FX), and this did help my case when I explained my story.

However, the sales assistants aren't responsible for shade differences in the shop and in natural light. Most do advise you to go outside and see how you like the shade. The fluorescents in every shop make every foundation look much different than in daylight, so foundation matching is a "buyer beware" scenario, even with professional help.

Good luck anyway :) I know that foundation isn't the cheapest one out there

Advertisement